Old 03-09-2024, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by jkhorvath
Fly Low and Close
United States, TN, Monterey
Joined Jun 2006
339 Posts
Discussion
AMA Club Management Tool

As a Secretary of an AMA Club and a Software Developer by trade, I've created a tool that I use to help me manage my Club. This tool has been in use for a bit over a year now and has performed well for me.

I've recently sent out an email to all the AMA Clubs to invite others to use this tool to manage their club as well. I am regarding this tool as my contribution to the hobby and will never charge anything to others for using it. Understandably, I have received a lot of emails replying with no interest, and I have received a lot of emails replying with real interest. A number of other Clubs have already starting using this tool to manage their Club.

I am creating this thread to try to solicit feedback from users regarding their experience with the tool up to now. This way, if anyone is considering the tool and wants to hear some real world experience from others, then they can come here to read it. In addition, if there are any questions or comments from users and non-users, put them here to try to get some answers. I will reply with any information that I can offer.

The email that was sent out looked something like the following (I've redacted the Club Contact's information).

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

My name is Joe Horvath. I am a dedicated and enthusiastic Remote Control Model Aircraft Pilot and a Software Developer. I am also an Officer of the Cumberland County Radio Control AMA Club located in Crossville, Tennessee. I obtained information about your AMA Club named "**********" at site "**************" in *****, ** using the online AMA Club finder.

I am writing to you regarding your potential interest in a no-cost cloud based software system that I have created to help AMA Club Officers manage their AMA Club by notifying members of important events and keeping the Club's finances in order. Please reference the screen shots at Sample ACMS Screenshots for a look at the User Interface and some of the emails that are sent out. This AMA Club Management System (ACMS) helps manage AMA based Clubs by:
  • Notifying members of Club meetings, Club meeting cancellations, and Club meeting reschedules
  • Recording and sending out Meeting Minutes
  • Notifying members of any new members that join throughout the year
  • Producing a Club Membership Roster and sending it out any time a new member joins the Club
  • Club Membership Rosters can be customized on a per Club basis
  • Club Members can "unsubscribe" from specific types of Club emails
  • Collecting Club expenses, credits, and producing a Financial Report at any time
  • Checking members' AMA license for expiration and sending out notifications if needed
  • Managing Officer Nominations and creating Voting Ballots
  • Creating a Club email letterhead with easy access to Club documents, Officers, Committee Leads, and field location
  • Managing your Club's specific and always changing dues structure
  • Managing annual events and recurring events throughout the year
  • Offering a single email address that can be used to email all current club members

I am sending this note out to other AMA Clubs that may be interested in utilizing this system to organize their Club. Since access to this system is done by using a Browser, there is no software to install. Club Officers can simply use a Browser to interact with the system. Myself and just a couple other local clubs have been using this system for a bit over a year now and would like to offer it to other Clubs free of charge; there will never be any cost for this service.

I am inviting your Club to utilize this system and give me feedback of any issues you find or additional features that your Club requires. Throughout the life of this service, support will be handled directly by me through email, telephone, and screen-sharing online conferences. I wrote the entire system and will handle all feature requests and bug reports. Maybe some day someone may decide that they would like to help me, and if so, then that's great! But, I am not depending on anyone helping me manage ACMS at this time.

If you would like to have the management of your AMA Club assisted by ACMS, then simply navigate your web browser to this Account Creation page to create your Club and your Account in the system (once again, completely free of charge). After you create an account for yourself, you will receive another email outlining what you need to do to move forward. You can send me an email anytime you need my assistance to move forward. If needed, we can chat on the phone or get into a screen sharing session.

Sincerely,

Joe Horvath
jkhorvath is offline Find More Posts by jkhorvath
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-09-2024, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by Bugbitten
Joined Mar 2024
1 Posts
Use and like this software.
Thank you Joe!
Bugbitten is offline Find More Posts by Bugbitten