logo
Old 02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Did not picture you as a racists Beverly and jeez I do not see you coming up with any answers, oh thats right you are how do you say the pot calling the kettle black, very hypocritical my friend mode 1.
EddiePeels is offline Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
OzSam really is doing a bad job of undercover work. And it shows.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiePeels View Post
Did not picture you as a racists Beverly and jeez I do not see you coming up with any answers, oh thats right you are how do you say the pot calling the kettle black, very hypocritical my friend mode 1.
Man people are amazing in this day and age, you are taking political correctness to the extreme. In no way was that a racists comment that Beverly made. I guess you have nothing better to do than make mountains out of mole hills and look to degrade when you have no better answers to any problems. You sound like a politician or lawyer....................
RTK is offline Find More Posts by RTK
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
That is normally what people do this day and age......when they run out of facts to support their weak position on a subject, they have to change the conversation to save face. its easy to employ the tactic of diverting attention to the other party by claiming he is something that he is not. racist, facist, femenist, supremacist......all of those ist.....words are commonly used as a diversionary tactic. very unbecoming of fast eddie to throw that old tactic into the mix amongst a very sharp population as this one is. We arent the weak minded SHEEPLE you might think we are, but nice try anyway.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Old 02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Hey, Eddiepeels.......i thought you said you were moving on? Guess you meant you were moving from the hitec poll thread to the 7950 thread.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by IwataAir
Joined Oct 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
OzSam really is doing a bad job of undercover work. And it shows.
I thought you moved on Mode1, does it really matter who anyone is, not like you use your real name either. you people really are but children, when you do not get your own way you carry on like it, I disagree with Eddie but all of you are just bullies.
IwataAir is offline Find More Posts by IwataAir
Old 02-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Sticks and stones so called coach experts, do not see any of you helping with the issue and how many of you have given up a 100 dollar servo to help find a fix, have said my 2c in this thread but the hypocrisy smells like a dead cat on the side of the road. The irony is that I never mentioned any thing technical about a servo, hope you find a fix!
EddiePeels is offline Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Old 02-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Wow, this thread has really gone to sht the past couple pages.... Maybe you gentlemen that are just stirring the pot can move on so myself, and others can pursue a remedy for the issues that have occurred with our servos.

Thank-you.
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Todd View Post
Wow, this thread has really gone to sht the past couple pages.... Maybe you gentlemen that are just stirring the pot can move on so myself, and others can pursue a remedy for the issues that have occurred with our servos.

Thank-you.
Well Said.
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82
Old 02-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Todd View Post

Thank-you.

OOPs sorry Chris. No need to ask me twice I got my hat.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 AM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiePeels View Post
For a start i am not racist, It's not my job to come up with the answers that's hitecs job they are the 1 producing the faulty probuct.
Now if you don't have anything to say regarding the servos go back to your home under the bridge with all the rest of your family of trolls.
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Dec 2006
1,651 Posts
Boys I'm only interested in how to get these servos fixed, not your pissing up a rope contest, so knock it off.....
Pittsflyboy is offline Find More Posts by Pittsflyboy
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
I dont think there will ever be a real fix, only a band aid patch up job as already shown, similar to JR and its less than perfect gear train. They could have produced better gears from a different material of the same module if they had wanted to. It doesn't take 2 years to resolve a simple problem from a company that designed and developed the product from nothing unless the financial investment of re tooling or similar out weighs the returns. By the time a suitable fix thats proven to be 100% is found the next gen of servos will be on the shelves. If the company could fix the problems it may be choosing not to because of the numbers of users that would send their purchases in and literally swamp the work shop with months of work causing a backlog somewhere else. Could be they anticipate the customers will opt for the next product they have with the added bonus of other gimmicks included to attract attention from anyone and those now on the fence about buying the product next time around. Not unlike a certain Sbach manufacturer we know. Whatever the reasons I dont believe much effort is being done to make the changes other than a healthy dose of lip service.

These last two patch up attempts , cable with a cap in and firmware aren't really a full on commitment by the company to resolve the problems and provide a quality product. Either someone in the upper echelons of the company has other ideas or they consider the problem so small as not to warrant the changes. If it really was a big deal and profits are falling as its made up to be on here then the company would have taken the necessary action sooner if for no other reason than continuation of sales.

Thought someone in Australia had developed a permanent solution? Whats the delay there? My understanding was a list of parts and instructions would be / has been passed on to anyone wanting to do the repairs themselves. If it still stands why the need to continue a thread in the hope Hitec will come out with a solution when they clearly dont demonstrate a desire to rectify the problems as quickly as they can. Before any comments on this para. I realize I may not be up to speed on current events from the land down under.

I've bought garbage products in the past as we all have and if it cant be fixed its trashed. Cant see how this is really a big deal for many on here. Some only have a few models , some only fly a few favorite models regularly. new brands of servos can be bought gradually to replace the bad ones or the lesser quality servos can be used in 'expendable' planes, sold to others with a reason why.
Either way no matter how its done I find hanging on for 2 years plus to a product your uncertain of or know for a fact is defective in the hope a fix will come forth when nothing new has come to light for a considerable time is ludicrous. No one can be that desperate over a servo in what is after all only a hobby. Just phase them out and learn from the mistake.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
I dont think there will ever be a real fix, only a band aid patch up job as already shown, similar to JR and its less than perfect gear train. They could have produced better gears from a different material of the same module if they had wanted to. It doesn't take 2 years to resolve a simple problem from a company that designed and developed the product from nothing unless the financial investment of re tooling or similar out weighs the returns. By the time a suitable fix thats proven to be 100% is found the next gen of servos will be on the shelves. If the company could fix the problems it may be choosing not to because of the numbers of users that would send their purchases in and literally swamp the work shop with months of work causing a backlog somewhere else. Could be they anticipate the customers will opt for the next product they have with the added bonus of other gimmicks included to attract attention from anyone and those now on the fence about buying the product next time around. Not unlike a certain Sbach manufacturer we know. Whatever the reasons I dont believe much effort is being done to make the changes other than a healthy dose of lip service.

These last two patch up attempts , cable with a cap in and firmware aren't really a full on commitment by the company to resolve the problems and provide a quality product. Either someone in the upper echelons of the company has other ideas or they consider the problem so small as not to warrant the changes. If it really was a big deal and profits are falling as its made up to be on here then the company would have taken the necessary action sooner if for no other reason than continuation of sales.

Thought someone in Australia had developed a permanent solution? Whats the delay there? My understanding was a list of parts and instructions would be / has been passed on to anyone wanting to do the repairs themselves. If it still stands why the need to continue a thread in the hope Hitec will come out with a solution when they clearly dont demonstrate a desire to rectify the problems as quickly as they can. Before any comments on this para. I realize I may not be up to speed on current events from the land down under.

I've bought garbage products in the past as we all have and if it cant be fixed its trashed. Cant see how this is really a big deal for many on here. Some only have a few models , some only fly a few favorite models regularly. new brands of servos can be bought gradually to replace the bad ones or the lesser quality servos can be used in 'expendable' planes, sold to others with a reason why.
Either way no matter how its done I find hanging on for 2 years plus to a product your uncertain of or know for a fact is defective in the hope a fix will come forth when nothing new has come to light for a considerable time is ludicrous. No one can be that desperate over a servo in what is after all only a hobby. Just phase them out and learn from the mistake.
Mode, there's a slight difference between the Hitec problems, and the JR problems.

#1 - The shaking only happens on the rudder when the servo is hunting for the center. Velcro works great.
#2 - JR users will blindly talk about how great their JR products are.

Hitec's current issues are more severe. There is a different problem happening which is causing all surfaces to jitter. I have some servos that were horrible on a Futaba/A123 setup, but are great on a JR/A123 and Hitec/LiPo setup.... Where is the difference? Did I just program them differently? W.T.F. I would really like to see a reason and solution.

As for the reasons for this thread, Hitec's users know that Hitec is one of the best, and would like to see them performing that way again. Everyone in here that is looking for a solution, is doing just that. Aside from the BS keyboard hucking and personal attacks, which FG doesn't give 2 craps about stopping, we're all just looking to fix our servos, or prevent issues from happening. Besides, most of us have at least a couple grand tied up in Hitec servos.

Here's the current status of Rachael and Denise's work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post
Hi!,
We have been corresponding with HITEC and they are looking into the Hardware from Rachael she will be sending them more information when on her feet again.

We don't know if it will be used but they are still open to a hardware fix but they will have to get head office to agree to any mods. they recomend.

Mike is on holidays at present which might explain why he hasn't any posts.

Don't remember when he will be back.

ALL THE BEST
Denise
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Thanks Chris, BTW hows life with you?
Couple of points on your reply.
I wasn't comparing JR jitter with HT jitter. I meant that if HT has to change board or chips, pots case dimensions, whatever to resolve the problem it would entail a re tool job just as JR may have had to do similar to simply cut new gears of the same design for their older series. This could be easy or difficult, costly or cheap. Only HT would know that answer. Which maybe is a simple solution to finalize this issue once and for all but is not viable for other reasons.

I know your a member of another forum....or used to be. haven't been there in so long I forgot the name. Have you seen other forums world wide? ONLY this forum covers the issue with these servos to any real depth. Everywhere else business is as per normal for the most part. I'm dubious that a single forum carries enough weight to alter how a manufacturer operates despite how it may appear.

I said once before a long time ago. If this was an issue of any real severity other than a bad purchase then the best way to get the message across and force the issue. Well certainly do more than is being done here . Is to contact the AMA or any governing body than can to some extent control or advise retailers and users on the dangers or alternatives.

I think this could be debated for an eternity but would never make a difference if the powers that be are not included in the argument.

Quick Reply