ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
Build Log
Redwing RC 30cc Sbach 342 "build"

This is my first gasser,so I'm taking the build slow and learning as much as I can from the site,which is invaluable. I was going to start with a 30%,but decided to try 25% first. Originally,I set out to go electric,but I caught the gas bug and can't shake it.

Servos are Align DS-610 coreless digitals-these are Savox 1258tg's rebadged.
I bought them fairly cheap,$34-$56 each all new.
specs:
Speed(@4.8V sec/60): .10
Torque(@4.8V oz-in): 133.3
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .08
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 166.6

Radio: Spektrum DX7 w/AR7000 rx

Still thinking about what setup I want to run for batteries,single or double. ??

Engine: more than likely DLE 30,but considering OS 33,Mintor 33
There is just so much info on DLE and parts are everywhere (OS too)
ant is offline Find More Posts by ant
Last edited by ant; 02-05-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-05-2012, 04:44 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
pix
Old 02-05-2012, 04:49 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
I pinned the firewall and glazed the whole area with thinned epoxy.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by superstocktx
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
I heard those fly great. I always go with dual batteries, running a single battery, your crossing the ground paths of the rx and ignition and there is a chance for noise to come back from the ignition into the rx. May or may not cause issues, but I don't chance it.
superstocktx is offline Find More Posts by superstocktx
Old 02-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by Gutzy
Pin it! To win it!
United States, MN, St. Michael
Joined Sep 2011
339 Posts
Sweet!
Gutzy is offline Find More Posts by Gutzy
Old 02-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by rppoind
Sour Lake,TX
Joined Mar 2006
359 Posts
I have a two year old Slipstream 25% Sbach that looks a lot like Your plane. It is a great flyer, reliable, fast and good looking. I think a lot of these planes are out of the same factory.
My set up is.
JR 8411's on all flight serfaces, JR 8231 on throttle. (about the same as your Align 610's) AR 7000 receiver.
DLE 30, carbon spinner, Xoar 19X8 prop.
One A123 2300 for everthing. Try wrong Way R/C for this. He will build custom leads to your specs. Call Richard and talk to him about batteries and wiring. Also ask him about chargers. While he reccomends a straight lead and switch with a diode lead for ignition, I use the Wilke IBEC for a little peace of mind. (You will hear a lot about this from other guys and I do use two flight and a dedicated ignition battery on my 100cc class planes.) Think light, It makes a difference on this plane.
MPI or SWB Futaba 1.00 or 1.25 arms will fit your Align servo. The included socket head screws for Futaba will not work. I think I used JR screws.
Watch out for mixing metric and SAE on links and balls. I did not use the included "stick on" graphics I used B&E and they came out great. Good luck
Richard
rppoind is offline Find More Posts by rppoind
Old 02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rppoind View Post
I have a two year old Slipstream 25% Sbach that looks a lot like Your plane. It is a great flyer, reliable, fast and good looking. I think a lot of these planes are out of the same factory.
My set up is.
JR 8411's on all flight serfaces, JR 8231 on throttle. (about the same as your Align 610's) AR 7000 receiver.
DLE 30, carbon spinner, Xoar 19X8 prop.
One A123 2300 for everthing. Try wrong Way R/C for this. He will build custom leads to your specs. Call Richard and talk to him about batteries and wiring. Also ask him about chargers. While he reccomends a straight lead and switch with a diode lead for ignition, I use the Wilke IBEC for a little peace of mind. (You will hear a lot about this from other guys and I do use two flight and a dedicated ignition battery on my 100cc class planes.) Think light, It makes a difference on this plane.
MPI or SWB Futaba 1.00 or 1.25 arms will fit your Align servo. The included socket head screws for Futaba will not work. I think I used JR screws.
Watch out for mixing metric and SAE on links and balls. I did not use the included "stick on" graphics I used B&E and they came out great. Good luck
Richard

Thanks for the advice Richard. This is what makes this site so helpful.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:12 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
Most of these kits come with carbon fiber arms that require you to bolt to a plastic disc. I don't like that method,so I chose these simple Futaba 1.5in arms. I think they are a good match for the plane..
Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by Gutzy
Pin it! To win it!
United States, MN, St. Michael
Joined Sep 2011
339 Posts
What did you end up doing for a fuel tank? I got my 16oz fortitude tank yesterday, fits in there just fine, it's just a little longer than the stock one.
Gutzy is offline Find More Posts by Gutzy
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutzy View Post
What did you end up doing for a fuel tank? I got my 16oz fortitude tank yesterday, fits in there just fine, it's just a little longer than the stock one.

I ordered the same tank as you,that's a cool tank, Also,ordered the same fuel dot .
Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
Rudder servo complete. I chose a Futaba aluminum arm and bolted the CF arm to that.

I did not like the pull/pull cable that came with the kit ,as it was not coated and the cable are crossed. So I bought Berkley Steelon 80lb coated fishing leader cable. I burned off the plastic coating where the crimps are.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:50 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
What do you guys think DLE 30 or Mintor 33 ??

Lets hear opinions..
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by superstocktx
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
I think you know which one I would pick....lol MINTOR Iv'e never flown a DLE 30 so I couldn't tell you truthfully which one is better. Since the Mintor 33 is a fairly new engine, most people that have a DLE 30 have never flown a Mintor 33 to compare them. The DLE 30 is a mass produced engine with parts coming from different factories, Mintor manufactures all of their parts in house, the only out sourcing they do is the carbs and cylinder plating. Mintor carries a 3 year warranty, Most DLE engines carry a 1 year warranty(source: TBM website). Hope this helps
superstocktx is offline Find More Posts by superstocktx
Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstocktx View Post
I think you know which one I would pick....lol MINTOR Iv'e never flown a DLE 30 so I couldn't tell you truthfully which one is better. Since the Mintor 33 is a fairly new engine, most people that have a DLE 30 have never flown a Mintor 33 to compare them. The DLE 30 is a mass produced engine with parts coming from different factories, Mintor manufactures all of their parts in house, the only out sourcing they do is the carbs and cylinder plating. Mintor carries a 3 year warranty, Most DLE engines carry a 1 year warranty(source: TBM website). Hope this helps

I like that 3 year warranty. Being Italian American myself,I think I'll go Mintor...
Old 02-13-2012, 02:47 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
I have'nt even decided on an engine for this project and I'm already looking at 100cc planes. By the end of the summer,I will more than likely have one. It's a problem..

Quick Reply