logo
Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by falconpilot
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts
thread closure

"Jim - I totally missed this thread and reviewed the whole thing. My reason for intervening is that the way this is stated is against the way we do things around here. I know the story sucks, but from day one, it's been our policy that we are not here to be a sounding board for experiences like this.

From what I can gather, this issue, right or wrong, is between you and AW. They have replaced your airframe, which, in our opinion is admirable.

I hope you can see where we're coming from. My best suggestion would be to take the rest up with AW offline - they are a good group of people with great service, and I'm sure they will address your concern.

Please understand that we do not protect any manufacturer in the hobby, we protect all manufacturers in the hobby. Personal accounts have been removed, and thread closed."

Thanks.

-Staff

Flying Giants...What gives here guys??????? We're a great sounding board for good experiences, but we can't be a sounding board for bad ones. This is not an issue between just me and Aeroworks. How a customer is serviced is very important in our hobby.. I have tried dealing with Aeroworks off line, and can't get anywhere..That is the only reason that I bought this issue to light here, as a LAST RESULT. I wish to do them no harm, and hope to see them continue with a successfull business, but customer service is a be part of that, and they must take care of the customer.

Since when did we lose the ability to express our opinions here? Sometimes that ability is all we have left to work with, and hope that we can share our experiences with fellow modelers, whether, it be good or bad experiences, and save them time, troubles, and pass along info about a great product and customer service or poor products and poor customer service. This ability is a great tool for feedback for a compnay, and allows their customers to keep everything in check, good or bad. I can understand that running a site like this, you have to be carefull not allowing slander, and etc. I openly stated that is was all the truth and can prove it all, so there was no slander involved...

We can praise a manufactor and their customer service here, but we can express our dissproval????? I thought Flying Giants was above censorship...

What gives here Flying Giant staff???

What is the correct way to "state" the thread that ws closed ??? I'll restate it, but think we should be able to share our experience, good or BAD...

Word of mouth is what makes or break a business in the end..Until they take care of me, they can't sensor my thought or opinions....

Jim Fowler
falconpilot is offline Find More Posts by falconpilot
Last edited by falconpilot; 06-12-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by markamerica
Joined Dec 2006
18 Posts
Re: Aeroworks Wing Failure Thread Closure???

Jim,

By way of disclosure, I asked Madmax the same thing via email, more or less.

Mark
markamerica is offline Find More Posts by markamerica
Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by whirlyspud
morton grove illinois
Joined Jul 2006
271 Posts

It is VERY Lame.

Mike
whirlyspud is offline Find More Posts by whirlyspud
Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

There are a lot of advertisers here. It is pretty clearly stated in the rules that coming on here and saying you got screwed by a company and will never purchase from them and do your best to ensure that no one else you know does is not the way the Giants fly. There is no favoritism whatever you are implying. I don't think Max even owns an Aeroworks plane...
You also didn't just "tell it like it is". the facts are that Aeroworks didn't treat you the way you felt you needed to be treated - it doesn't mean they were wrong or were trying to screw you over, but you implied it, and therefore are creating a hostile situation that will have ZERO positive outcome. I mean, you literally Called Aeroworks out, and used a public forum as a tool to do so, knowing full well that posting such a thing would slam their name. And you did that in hopes that they would try to save face and give you what you want so you would stop.
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Last edited by bodywerks; 06-12-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by Horsetrader_12345
18.5 IN. Cutthroat ALberta
Ft. Worth. Texas
Joined Oct 2006
329 Posts

Thats what makes this such a great site!!!!! The sense of DECORUM that prevades the general membership and the STAFF.
Horsetrader_12345 is offline Find More Posts by Horsetrader_12345
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by markamerica
Joined Dec 2006
18 Posts

Bodywerks,

I realize that you might disagree with Jim, and that's okay, but frankly, that has nothing to do with closing the thread. Closing the thread looks bad, whether it is or isn't motivated by ad dollars, and I'm not given to conspiracy theories by nature.

You know, a large part of the reason I come to this and other forums is precisely to get the kind of info that will save me $$$$. Knowing that a manufacturer has structural integrity issues might save a life, let alone $$$$. I think it's almost irresponsible to NOT discuss these things.

What should Jim do? Eat it and shut up? Fail to pass info along to fellow hobbyists who will be spending $$$$? A manufacturer who bails like this on me is going to find www[manufacturer's name]-sucks.com all over the place, full of crash pics and video where possible. Frankly, I think Jim has been more than reasonable.

Mark
markamerica is offline Find More Posts by markamerica
Old 06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Bodywerks,

I did tell it 100% "like it is" and express my dissapproval of how they handled my deal.

I'm not attacking, and accussing FG or MadMax in anyway of siding with Aeroworks, either.The advertising thing was probably a little out of line, I am sorry for that, and have edited it quickly.

I just didn't know that we were censored here to such a great extend.

It's real easy to set on the side line and judge me about how I'm upset, and crying...But take the time, and think about how you'd feel if it'd been your $6000 gone down the tube? Can you honestly say you would not feel the same as I do??

I appreicate Flying Giants for allowing us this site to express ourselves, and don't want to do anything to cause problems, but hoped we'd be able to express ourselves....

For all those that set around stating " This is Very Lame", and Quite crying..I have this for you'll...I hope that you never take the loss I have due to something completely outof your control. Maybe you'll are made or money, have a moneytree in the back yard, or just piles of cash laying around. But, I don't.....I started this thread to get AW attention, and also to pass along info to fellow modelers, good or bad...

Calling AW out here was my last opinion. I'm not going to apologize about that, and think that I have that right.If I'd been just sneaking around or unsure of the facts, I'd never have called them out in public, but I know what happened, how it happened, and when it happened. I'm not going to take the back set while I feel like I'm not be treated fairly. To suggest that I should, or that I should be ashamed of calling them out, I don't work that way. You are right, it is "how I feel", but none of the facts are twisted or bent, they are the 100% true fact, and can be proven in a second....

I'm in no way trying to hammer or suggest that FG is not the best site going, because they are, by far and above, the best thing we have going in this hobby when it comes to website and a place to discuss things. Again, I glad we have this site to discuss thing, whether we always agree or not.

Jim
Last edited by falconpilot; 06-12-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,203 Posts

how many flights did you have on it?
rcflyguy is offline Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by Extra260
Durango Colorado
Joined Feb 2006
1,964 Posts

I think Rc universe lets you do this stuff! LOL. That is one of the many reasons I left that place and came here. Trust me, I do not think that you will find as good of a site any where else.
Extra260 is offline Find More Posts by Extra260
Old 06-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by Horsetrader_12345
18.5 IN. Cutthroat ALberta
Ft. Worth. Texas
Joined Oct 2006
329 Posts

[quote=Extra260;250218]I think Rc universe lets you do this stuff! LOL.

EXACTLY!
Horsetrader_12345 is offline Find More Posts by Horsetrader_12345
Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

Max shut down the original thread. While he hasn't posted here yet I believe that you can agree that the thread was intended to be used as leverage instead of information sharing. You said that you were calling him out to replace additional items that were damaged as the result of the failure. AW did replace the airframe.
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

12th flight.....
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

I never even hinted that I was on the side of any fence here. I even pointed it out on the last post of the other thread. I am sure you are upset and it truly sucks that this happened, but it is just a plain and simple fact that Aeroworks went ABOVE AND BEYOND what they were required to do, based on the CLEARLY stated terms of LIMITED liability, which was the value of the plane, nothing more. Yet they gave you the plane and free shipping. Now, in your eyes that's nothing, but they still did more than what they were required to do. Aeroworks is considered a top ARF design company. YOu know who else is? QQ aircraft and SD models. You know what else they have in common? They all have had a ARF that had wings that have failed, to the point of a recall. You know what else I bet they all have in common? I bet that no one that lost their plane was covered for more than their plane, and shipping.
I lost two planes over the course of a month as a result of a new-fangled transmitting device that all the major radio brands are introducing as well as an after-market company. Both were a verified loss of radio control - one was at a big 3D event in Vegas. Granted, I already know that you feel that these types of failures can't be proven, but both planes flew fine on the old method of transmitting and crashed when I switched over - one of them on the first flight! I was out two kits, two battery packs (for an electric powerplant), a few servos, and misc stuff...yet you will not find any threads started by me saying that those companies owe me new planes and equipment, etc. The reason for this is because I read their terms of limited liability, I accepted that, and I took the risk of flying with this new technology. It backfired, I'm out a grand in planes and equipment - bummer. I also had a wing failure on the maiden flight of a Great planes ARF, damaged my new YS140L, broke the usual stuff, as well as a couple servos. All I got replaced was the ARF, nothing more.
I am still very sorry this happened to you, but Aeroworks DID NOT screw you over, legally. The did what their limits of liability state. It even states that if you are uncomfortable with those limits of liability, you may return the plane for a refund.
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Old 06-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Replacing the airframe was a given in this case. I never expect anything less, but did expect a little more...I guess that calling them out won't pass here, but at least I came out and stated what was on my mind, and didn't try sneaking around or backdooring them, site unseen.If they had handled it differentely, it would have never came to all this.. I appreicate FG and at least the ability to express myself for a while....

I'm done...again..for good on this matter. I've stated my problems, some agree, and some disagree. The point of what I, me, myself, eye, consider poor service has been made, and I'm now beating a dead horse, so I'll shut up. I just hope that maybe this thread will live....

Thanks again to FG, and their staff. You guys a faced with a tough job of trying to mediate what is right and what is wrong, and I know that it must be tough because it's human nature to feel that your way of thinking or feeling is always right, and you guys have to untangle the mess and decide what to leave here and what to close...Hats off to you'll for dealing with As#*8@ like me sometimes....

Jim
Last edited by falconpilot; 06-12-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by JeremyHolt
Kickin it OLD SCHOOL
Shreveport LA
Joined Jan 2006
903 Posts

Well I think it is a good thing to post the problems and failures of the kit itself. If I was thinking about buying one, I sure would want to know this information. Thanks, Jim!
JeremyHolt is offline Find More Posts by JeremyHolt

Quick Reply