logo
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Find More Posts by driesbabe
Namibia
Joined Jun 2006
652 Posts
Re: Giants From South Africa

Hey Gary,

I'm sending the Letter of Invite to you today via FedEx. I spend almost all day at Customs yesterday trying to sort your coming across the border without a hitch.........But as things go in Africa, everybody tells me something diffrent. I will spend more time there today and let you know what the outcome is.
driesbabe is offline Find More Posts by driesbabe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Find More Posts by flight_stick
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Mother City, South Africa
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmancoops View Post
Hi gary

how much do u want for the edge?

Make me an offer. Without motor, no servos except Seiko rudder on pull-pull and lipo for same. Sullivan Sky writer, tanks , filler valves etc, plus emcotec 10 channel power box.

Anyway you seen the plane. Send me an email or pm
flight_stick is offline Find More Posts by flight_stick
Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by driesbabe View Post
Hey Gary,

I'm sending the Letter of Invite to you today via FedEx. I spend almost all day at Customs yesterday trying to sort your coming across the border without a hitch.........But as things go in Africa, everybody tells me something diffrent. I will spend more time there today and let you know what the outcome is.

Hope the guys are not going to have a problem. Tertia did some research of her own and apparently if the goods are no for sale, customs should not be a problem. On the other hand if the letter of invite is for a fly-in they would see that,,, thats offcourse if they are literate at all
Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Find More Posts by driesbabe
Namibia
Joined Jun 2006
652 Posts

Thats it Gary, The Gautengers (if that is what you call them) come here by the thousands every year all with atleast one or two Quadbikes or bikes, and soom around our desert. I can hardly beleive that they all pay 16,5% VaT on all these bikes.
driesbabe is offline Find More Posts by driesbabe
Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

me neither. This is a sport not a trade show. Well suppose this is Africa as well. Anything to F*&^kup something good.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

Its the crank,,,,theeeee crank, cranky old crank caused all the sh*t,,,,,,
Old 08-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Find More Posts by andress
South Africa
Joined May 2007
42 Posts

Hi, I have been lurking for some time, and finally have something to post. I have a Katana (same as Trev's 'fluttermatic') that is now ready to be maidened. DA50 upfront (yes I know!), but the only remaining item I need is a 6V 3700maH pack for the receiver. Could anyone suggest a place where I could get a pack made up? I have tried IPP (spelling??) but they have a 10 -12 week waiting time as they do not have stock at the moment.
Regards
Andre
andress is offline Find More Posts by andress
Old 08-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by damien
In Thrust We Trust
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Jan 2006
367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andress View Post
Hi, I have been lurking for some time, and finally have something to post. I have a Katana (same as Trev's 'fluttermatic') that is now ready to be maidened. DA50 upfront (yes I know!), but the only remaining item I need is a 6V 3700maH pack for the receiver. Could anyone suggest a place where I could get a pack made up? I have tried IPP (spelling??) but they have a 10 -12 week waiting time as they do not have stock at the moment.
Regards
Andre
Hey Andre, welcome
I don't know where you can a pack made up, I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction.
Trevor has fixed his katana and he flew it at our club last sunday. His canopy broke off in the air, it's not the strongest plane around, as I'm sure you already know. You will have some serious power with that DA upfront
damien is offline Find More Posts by damien
Old 08-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

Quote:
Regards
Andre
Andre, I think that pack is a bit of a overkill for that plane and the amount of servos. I dont even run that size in a 35% Plane. I would suggest a 2000mha Lipo pack, 2 cell with a regulator and a standard 4 cell 1100mha for ignition. Think both these packs together would be lighter than the 3700mha.
I'm sure Peter can help you out with that.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by saflyer
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2006
915 Posts

Check out this new plane from Precision Aerobatics.

Oh, Golden/Yellow Katana MDS in stock now.

http://www.cerebus.co.za/pa/Addictio...troduction.pdf
saflyer is offline Find More Posts by saflyer
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by 3D Trev
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Quote:
Regards
Andre

Andre
Hey dude .......whatz up

Well here is the way to solve your problem .... dont use nicad or nimh pack use Lipo its the way to go and with a DA 50 you need to be weight concious. I think Garry ( the dude that started all our motors at CRF ) has a MCO Tech regulator for sale you need to get that and then a lipo battery 7.4v ( 2 cell ) 1500 mah or 2000mah 10C pack and you are ready to go. A 3700mah nicad batt will way 320grams the 2 cell lipo will be just 65grams and the regulator is 40grams .

We need to get together and talk about your Katana , I found the problem with mine and suspect that the whole container load has the same problem. But listen this Katana is flying WICKKKKED and is seriously one of the best 3D planes around. I actualy wanted to get your number from Tiaan and get hold of you to let you know what actually happened to mine before you flew yours and had the same thing happen.

My cell no is 0721917089 give me a call

Trev
3D Trev is offline Find More Posts by 3D Trev
Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien View Post
Hey Andre, welcome
I don't know where you can a pack made up, I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction.
Trevor has fixed his katana and he flew it at our club last sunday. His canopy broke off in the air, it's not the strongest plane around, as I'm sure you already know. You will have some serious power with that DA upfront

Hey D whats the buzzzzzzzzzz

Actually the screws vibrated out and so it came off ......No structural faliure

And Mr D it seems you have forgotten that your KATANA"S canopy also fell off

SNAP BUDDY .........must be a KATANA thing . Actually my other Pacific plane the 30% edge did the same thing once .

Trev
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_stick View Post
Andre, I think that pack is a bit of a overkill for that plane and the amount of servos. I dont even run that size in a 35% Plane. I would suggest a 2000mha Lipo pack, 2 cell with a regulator and a standard 4 cell 1100mha for ignition. Think both these packs together would be lighter than the 3700mha.
I'm sure Peter can help you out with that.

Well Andre its been seconded then .................. so do it do it do it...

Trev
Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey guys

Just to fill you in ............

If you have watched our( Garry , Rael ,Tiaan and myself ) CRF Giants day video and heard lots of gigaling in the back round it was becuase of Andre ( Andress ) cracking the most hilarious jokes with some help from a buddy and man they had us in stiches so many times that sometimes we couldn't even start our motors .........LOL it was hilarious ....

Trev
Old 08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey dudes dont wanna make anyone jealous but I jus had some awsome flights ............ I picked Tristan up from school and spotted what looked like a LUL wind change . Shot home loaded the KATANA got to the field and it was breathtaking NO WIND. I had three outrageous flights and Tristan had one .........Its was great .

Trev

Quick Reply