Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > General Discussion
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #31
reyn3545
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

I was looking through the manual.... A couple of concerns:

It looks like battery connections, along with any sensors, are designed to be plugged into a single JR connector on the receiver.... That means putting a y cable on the most important connection... The battery.

Also, they are showing drawings that seem to suggest that the receiver antennas should stick through the fuse... Just seems odd by today's standard.

I like the sound of many of the new features, but I don't think I'll trust $10K planes to y-cables.
reyn3545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #32
Planeoho
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by CEThomas
View Post
Funny you should say that. When I picked up the XG8 and XG-11 yesterday, first thing I thought is how it felt like the DX-8 and DX-18. Nothing like 12X or 10X.

I hope I'm not alone here, but I flew a 10x forever and loved the way it felt in my hands. But I don't see how anyone could say the DX8 or DX7s feels cheap. IMO the DX8,7s and from what I have seen in the pictures most likely the 18 are best feeling radios out there. The 8 sits in the hands light but natural and balance is as close to perfect as I have seen.
What are your thoughts CEThomas?

Matt
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #33
Planeoho
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by boggintuff
View Post
The XG11 was very comfortable in my hands at Toledo...but the game changer is going to be the Jeti transmitters...

One word.....AWESOME

http://jetimodel.com/index.php?page=article&id=25 they make 2 models of the same transmitter...one for finger flyers the other for thumb flyers. Everything switch and gimbal is removable and swapable and plug and play.

The thumb flyer model felt better in my hands than the XG11 did...did I mention it plays music of your own choosing?

Just took a look at the Jeti......looks for lack of a better word GAGTASTIC but I know asthetics are only part of the package.

Matt
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #34
spwtfpwn
Gettin' Lower!

Quote: Originally Posted by PropsnWings
View Post
Let the fire sale begin for those that do own DMSX Rx's......... I am in line to buy your stuff ! I just bought a 11X and have no plans to leave it for many years. Its the latest greatest enough for me

Haha...this was my reason for putting this thread up here! Start selling, people! JR has done it again! Go back to Futaba (sell me your JR stuff first though)!
spwtfpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #35
gforce
Uber Contributor

I love it when they come out with new stuff! I will have the new 11XG for sure! Does not mean I'm getting rid of my current 11X,10X or others I have. It's just cool as heck to have different stuff to try. Cannot wait for mine when they get released!Go JR!
gforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #36
sherman89

Gernot Bruckman uses this radio and is leading the indoor electrics!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #37
CEThomas
My life needs editing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Planeoho
View Post
I hope I'm not alone here, but I flew a 10x forever and loved the way it felt in my hands. But I don't see how anyone could say the DX8 or DX7s feels cheap. IMO the DX8,7s and from what I have seen in the pictures most likely the 18 are best feeling radios out there. The 8 sits in the hands light but natural and balance is as close to perfect as I have seen.

Matt

You are right. I have had the 10X and 9303. and neither are as smooth as the DX8. but what makes it feel "Cheep" is the weight. My first thought of the DX8 was that the weight reminded me of a toy controller.
Futaba 12-FG
CEThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #38
CEThomas
My life needs editing.

Quote: Originally Posted by sherman89
View Post
Gernot Bruckman uses this radio and is leading the indoor electrics!!!!!!

So you saying the radio makes a flyer I better order 2
Futaba 12-FG
Old 04-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #39
superstocktx
Decal Dennis

Quote: Originally Posted by Planeoho
View Post

Matt
I still fly my planes on a 10x w/ 2.4 mod, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I have a DX7 for my heli's, it really doesn't feel too cheap to me after putting the 10x down and flying heli's.
superstocktx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #40
JohnVH
SnapShot

my dsm2 modules are still working flawlessly

Team Caribou Lou OG
JohnVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #41
erjpilot
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by SuperTrooper
View Post
It could be JR is tired of having to follow what Spectrum does and having their radio line up limited due to the spectrum agreement.

Good for JR for dumping the silly satellite stuff. Now spectrum is the only one left who needs extra satellite receives for their systems to be reliable.

I am glad I went with Airtronics.

Correct me if I am wrong....but I just downloaded the XG11 manual and unless I am seeing things, it appears from the illustrations that the new JR DMSS 11 channel receiver indeed does utilize a satelite receiver in addition to the main receiver.

erjpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #42
Bunky F. Knuckle
I'm done!!! Your loss!

Quote: Originally Posted by superstocktx
View Post
Wish they would bring back the touch screen...like the 10x
Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!

Proudly sponsored by www.buddyrc.com
www.taildraggerrc.com
Bunky F. Knuckle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #43
CEThomas
My life needs editing.

Quote: Originally Posted by erjpilot
View Post
Correct me if I am wrong....but I just downloaded the XG11 manual and unless I am seeing things, it appears from the illustrations that the new JR DMSS 11 channel receiver indeed does utilize a satelite receiver in addition to the main receiver.

Yes, looking at the manual right now. They have a remote Antenna and you put the 2 antennas on the main RX through the sides of the fuse why would they do that...
Futaba 12-FG
Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #44
1bwana1

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1

I believe the remote antenna is primarily used to transmit data back and forth to the TX for telemetry purposes. It's antenna is built into the chip so will not be as long range, and will be more apt to be blocked.

I don't think the main long antenna are required to be poked throuh the fuse. Like other simmlar systems they can be installed this way in special applications where the fuse is all carbon etc..
1bwana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #45
CEThomas
My life needs editing.

Quote: Originally Posted by 1bwana1
View Post
I believe the remote antenna is primarily used to transmit data back and forth to the TX for telemetry purposes. It's antenna is built into the chip so will not be as long range, and will be more apt to be blocked.

I don't think the main long antenna are required to be poked throuh the fuse. Like other simmlar systems they can be installed this way in special applications where the fuse is all carbon etc..