logo
Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Wonder if EF will have any show specials at the nall??? Looking forward to checking out their booth while we are there.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
United States, NY, Farmingdale
Joined Jan 2006
113 Posts
thanks for all the advice. I hate to loose the use of this plane for 3 plus weeks
RCFlyer55 is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
terrycustom, they look too heavy??? Someone did have gear that would work, maybe northeast sailplanes??? I wish I could remember but look around at some other places something has got to work.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 04-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
I ordered the Red / White / Blue one Also went with the 82MG servos for elevator and rudder.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Got the plane today, looks pretty sweet. Only question is hinges: Keep the CA hinges or install the Dubro mini hinge points??
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by justinsebastian
Uber Rookie
Mount Holly, NC
Joined May 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
Got the plane today, looks pretty sweet. Only question is hinges: Keep the CA hinges or install the Dubro mini hinge points??

The CA hinges are working perfectly for me. In fact, I've dorked mine and the hinges are still fine.
justinsebastian is offline Find More Posts by justinsebastian
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
At lunch I actually took some of the parts out and with the airfoiled surfaces I guess they will get plenty of through. On one of my other electrics with non-airfiled (small bevel) tail surfaces I could hardly get 35 degrees of through with the CA, looks like these will work fine......guess I'm used to flying el'cheapo electrics! This thing looks sweet!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by citrus
United States, CO, Evergreen
Joined May 2006
646 Posts
CA hinges. Work good...Last long time
citrus is offline Find More Posts by citrus
Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by citrus
United States, CO, Evergreen
Joined May 2006
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
At lunch I actually took some of the parts out and with the airfoiled surfaces I guess they will get plenty of through. On one of my other electrics with non-airfiled (small bevel) tail surfaces I could hardly get 35 degrees of through with the CA, looks like these will work fine......guess I'm used to flying el'cheapo electrics! This thing looks sweet!
You've just stepped into a whole new arena. Quite honestly, you're going to freak when you fly this thing 4s all the way.
citrus is offline Find More Posts by citrus
Old 05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by K27R
Dike, IA
Joined Mar 2006
18 Posts
Quote:
You will enjoy this plane!! The only place I could see more control authority is the rudder. Becuase in a hover I have to use a lot of rudder to keep in a hover. Then I am used to my cheap o epp Yak from Wester Michigan ParkFlyers. Which is EASY to hover with. Enjoy your new plane!!
K27R is offline Find More Posts by K27R
Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K27R View Post
You will enjoy this plane!! The only place I could see more control authority is the rudder. Becuase in a hover I have to use a lot of rudder to keep in a hover. Then I am used to my cheap o epp Yak from Wester Michigan ParkFlyers. Which is EASY to hover with. Enjoy your new plane!!
I wonder if it is P-factor. I got a quick maiden flight on mine this morning and it seems with throttle it kicks the tail over (I'm using 13x6 Vess wood prop) It hovers very nice, but I notice a slight tendency to turn in a harrier and stronger up-lines. P-factor was the only thing I could think of.

Flies very much like the 88" one.....very cool, very responsive and very stable. I like it
Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
I've been debating buying one of these beauties for hucking for a long time. I just placed my HK order so I guess it's now official! Torque motors should be in stock today or Monday, and will place the order for the Edge then. Man I'm excited!

My setup:
48" Edge in RWB
EF Power Combo (Torque 820kv + Airboss 45 Elite 6V w/ Deans)
4x Nano-Tech 2650 4s 25c lipos
3x HS-65MG
1x HD-2216MG digital for elevator (same as Savvox 225MG)
Custom 28awg extensions
12x6 or 13x6.5" APC-E
Optima 6 LITE

- Saved 7g by using the new Optima 6 LITE over the regular 6 ch.
- By using Dean's connectors vs bullets I weighed 2 (esc + lipo) to be 10g vs 4g for m/f Dean's. Thus I save 6g there over bullets.
- Also saved 3g x 3 (9g total) by using HS-65MG over the proposed MG-14 servos.
- Saved an additional 6g by using the HD-2216MG servo for elevator over the HS-85MG. This servo should be amazing. Very highly reviewed, specs: 3.9KG/.13/15.8g which is better specs than the HS-85MG, plus its mounting size is the same as the HS-65MG, thus no modding the tail servo hole and saving more weight. People are saying the resolution, centering, torque and deadband is amazing in this servo. Funny enough, exact same specs as the Savvox servo above, and some have said its the same servo buit for $17.
- Could save an additonal ~5g on extensions by going 32awg, but I don't like the resistance ohms at 16", so I'm staying at 28awg custom lengths.
- Net weight savings arer just over 1oz

Egan
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT CEO
Cumming, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
1,375 Posts
A quick heads up: Our motor/esc/spinner shipment arrived this morning. Available at www.extremeflightrc.com/store or give us a call at 770-887-1794.
Have a great weekend!
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Old 05-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Thanks for the quick update Chris!!! Placing order now...

I've just discovered Canada Post is supposed to go on strike Tuesday evening... Debating risking the shipping on this as potentially it could get held up somewhere for weeks if that happens!
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Last edited by Eganwp; 05-20-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by Migjam
Just huckin around...
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined Apr 2011
167 Posts
I keep reading about the Airboss giving 6V to the servos and reciever, but the one I just recieved with my Edge says 5.2V. What gives?

Where is everyone installing their switch? Just curious. The instructions seem to leave out a lot of details...it's a good thing this isn't my first rodeo.
Migjam is offline Find More Posts by Migjam

Quick Reply