Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > IMAC > Southwest
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #31
MTOBIN
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by Aerobatix
View Post
Absolutely!

We are really hoping to get a good turnout from you and the rest of the NW Crew!! We'll see you guys in Medford!

Rob
My son and I would love to come and I'm sure steve would also. We'll have to check the dates and see if they work for us. Road trip!
Mark
MTOBIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #32
torquen
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by MTOBIN
View Post
My son and I would love to come and I'm sure steve would also. We'll have to check the dates and see if they work for us. Road trip!
Mark
Mark we would love to see your family and Steve make the trip. Everyone from the North for that matter This is going to be a great event with fun camping at night. Rob and I have the Medford madness marked on the calender and are excited to head up that way.
Garrett Morrison
torquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #33
MTOBIN
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by torquen
View Post
Mark we would love to see your family and Steve make the trip. Everyone from the North for that matter This is going to be a great event with fun camping at night. Rob and I have the Medford madness marked on the calender and are excited to head up that way.
Garrett Morrison
Are you guys doing Salinas? We might be down there on that weekend visiting family, but i don't think i would have my plane with me. It would be fun to hang out anyway.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #34
Aerobatix
Doo It! Doo It!

View Post
Are you guys doing Salinas? We might be down there on that weekend visiting family, but i don't think i would have my plane with me. It would be fun to hang out anyway.
Hi Mark!

We are planning on attending Salinas as the first event of the season. Would be awesome if you stop by and hang out!

You're welcome to use my plane and FLY if you want! Both my boys keep asking about going back to Medford so they can hang with your kids for the weekend!

Hope it works out for you to make it to the Salinas event...

Rob
Aerobatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #35
MTOBIN
Doo It! Doo It!

Wow Rob, that's a super nice offer. I'll keep that in mind.
It looks like we will be down there that weekend in salinas and I'll bring my kiddos out with me.
Is your son flying iMac yet? My son is ten and he has flown 3 contests so far in basic and is moving up to sportsman this year. It's so much fun flying with him. He's gonna be kicking my tail before I know it. Lol
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #36
jm_mac
Shut up....AND THROW DOWN!

If we compete, what are the requirements?
jm_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #37
MTOBIN
Doo It! Doo It!

Pick a class and have a good time No really, iMac is such a blast. A lot of 3d only guys think it's boring, but it really hones your skills and makes you a better all around pilot as anyone who flys it will tell you. I get an incredible adreniline rush just before I take off and start my sequence. As far as requirements go, you just have to pay the contest entry fee and of coarse be AMA. Most, but not all contests, let you fly free if it's your first time. You can pick any class you want, but if you start in sportsman you can't really move back down to basic and so on. Also it really helps if you get with someone who knows what they are doing and are willing to help coach you.
Rob and Garrett, chime in if I left anything out.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #38
Aerobatix
Doo It! Doo It!

Best source for info is the IMAC website www.mini-iac.com. Visit this site and you'll have access to a bunch of great info to help beginners. You should also download the sequence for Basic and Sportsman and have a look through them. They are written in a graphical symbol based diagram called Aresti. These represent the maneuvers that you will fly. If its your first time I would suggest Basic Class to learn the fundamentals.

As Mark said its a bunch of fun and will really help anyone become such a better pilot. It's actually much harder to fly a straight line than you would think! If you're in the Sacramento area PM me. I'll be getting out for some practice sessions regularly starting in the next few weeks. I have another thread somewhere about "Sacramento Area IMAC Practice" and I'll post there with location and dates. Come out and fly with us and we'll help you learn the basics.

Hope you and anyone else interested will come join us and give IMAC a try.

Thanks!

Rob Sarlan

Last edited by Aerobatix; 03-01-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Aerobatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #39
dqman40rock
editor

Mark,
Cheri and I are coming to Lodi. We will see you there. We will be there Thursday am for practice. We have not had any practice its been a lot of plane work this year. My plane crashed and then it took off from the crash. You probably already heard about it.
Seeya soon!
Darren
dqman40rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #40
MTOBIN
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by dqman40rock
View Post
Mark,
Cheri and I are coming to Lodi. We will see you there. We will be there Thursday am for practice. We have not had any practice its been a lot of plane work this year. My plane crashed and then it took off from the crash. You probably already heard about it.
Seeya soon!
Darren
Hey Darren, not sure if we're gonna make it after all. Steve and are are trying to scratch together the funds, but not looking to good. We're hoping for the best and really wish we could be there.

Didn't hear about your crash yet.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #41
torquen

We would really like to see some guys from the Northwest region make it to the event. Also we need some more advanced and intermediate guys to show up. What happened to moving up? Come on sportsman guys, you can move up.
The event is coming along very well. We will have breakfast and lunch at the field. We have some awesome shirts made for the event that will be for sale and also hand made custom trophies with the west coast aerobatic challenge logo laser burned into them.

If your on the fence about coming just come. Weather is going to cool down to the mid 80's. We have an amazing site and the nightlife shall be fun as well. So grab your buddies and carpool to the event.
Garrett
Old 06-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #42
MTOBIN
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by torquen
View Post
We would really like to see some guys from the Northwest region make it to the event. Also we need some more advanced and intermediate guys to show up. What happened to moving up? Come on sportsman guys, you can move up.
The event is coming along very well. We will have breakfast and lunch at the field. We have some awesome shirts made for the event that will be for sale and also hand made custom trophies with the west coast aerobatic challenge logo laser burned into them.

If your on the fence about coming just come. Weather is going to cool down to the mid 80's. We have an amazing site and the nightlife shall be fun as well. So grab your buddies and carpool to the event.
Garrett
We're not on the fence, we really want to come represent the nw. just trying to figure out the fundage.

on a side note: is there water available at the field for those of us with small water tanks in our rv's?

Last edited by MTOBIN; 06-17-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #43
torquen

View Post
We're not on the fence, we really want to come represent the nw. just trying to figure out the fundage.

on a side note: is there water available at the field for those of us with small water tanks in our rv's?
There is not water at the field. But I'm sure we can use the farmers water right down the road or the town of walnut grove is only a couple miles away.

Either way we will make sure and find water for you close by.
Garrett
Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #44
dqman40rock
editor

Hey we are going to a rv park nearby on wednesday. If you are able to come let me know and we will hook you up with some h20 at the park.
We will come to the field early Thursday
dqman40rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #45
Ground Pounder
Super Contributor

Looking forward to the event.... just a few minor repairs and it will be good as new.
Ground Pounder is online now   Reply With Quote