logo
Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Find More Posts by anders e
Joined Jan 2008
2,257 Posts
Ok when you talk about props
Dave, what do you think would be the perfect prop on my DA-200/proflow?............for 3d?
I have a 32x10 mej on it since new, but the engine probably got broken in, because it ripps more now than before

And what 2-blade for imac?
anders e is offline Find More Posts by anders e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by lebowski
little lebowski urban acheiver
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Sep 2009
368 Posts
I just got the ok from the wife to order one of these for my Hempel yak. gotta get on daves website and then call da for the rest.
lebowski is offline Find More Posts by lebowski
Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble9503 View Post
Generally I prefer the heavier loaded prop, but I just didn't happen to have a larger prop. Any thoughts or suggestions with this combination? It gets too expensive just buy props to try!!! I can't go much larger diameter or I'm gonna run into clearance issues. Most likely would have to be a 3 blade.
Rian, I am a little reluctant to give a ton of prop advice for a engine that I have never owned because as you mentioned, They are just too darn expensive to buy just to try. I really love to fly with the 3W-3D prop . It is a 31.5X14X8 CF prop also I really like the Vess 32C. We have used these props quite a bit on some of the more powerfull 170-200 size motors and just be smart with throttle management. I don't have much data on the 33-34" props. I say if you are happy with the spool up then you are there and if not drop 1 pitch size.

Planebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders e View Post
Ok when you talk about props
Dave, what do you think would be the perfect prop on my DA-200/proflow?............for 3d?
I have a 32x10 mej on it since new, but the engine probably got broken in, because it ripps more now than before

Hi Anders my friend, I'm waiting for someone to try the 3W-3D CF (3 Blade) prop I'm sure the 200 is on the same line rpm wise as the ZDZ-180 and I really like the 3W-3D CF prop 2 blade on that motor. (Just be wise with the throttle control) If you watch my short video on my web site you can see the pull out on the 37.5% pilot Yak. For IMAC many pilots out here seem to enjoy the Mejlik 30X13EL or the Falcon 30X14. Sorry Anders that I can't advise more as I don't fly IMAC, Just respect those who do.

Planebender

And what 2-blade for imac?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
I just got the ok from the wife to order one of these for my Hempel yak. gotta get on daves website and then call da for the rest.
Thank you, I'll be glad to help you.

Planebender
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Old 04-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Find More Posts by anders e
Joined Jan 2008
2,257 Posts
Dave, i too dont fly imac much But i have desided to go for two contests this summer.
I have red good things about the mej 30x13 and falkon 30x14. Thanks................i try one of them
anders e is offline Find More Posts by anders e
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by lebowski
little lebowski urban acheiver
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Sep 2009
368 Posts
well, i got my order in with Dave. Im looking foward to being able to fly my Yak without being told that my plane is too loud.
lebowski is offline Find More Posts by lebowski
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts
BLING BLING BLING BLING BLINGGGGG!!!!

Lookie what the delivery boy dropped off today!!!!

he he he he

SHA-Wing!!

Name: photo1.jpg
Views: 180
Size: 69.2 KB
Description:

Name: photo2.jpg
Views: 193
Size: 62.2 KB
Description:

Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 04-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,287 Posts
^SWAG!

I'm wearing my pro flow shirt to school today!
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Find More Posts by Father Don
Finally got it to the deck!
Joined Jan 2008
1,514 Posts
The maiden for my Extra 260 was flawless!! I guess the best compliment I could give Dave's build job is that it needed no trim, none, nada. Best flying plane I've ever flown. Plus, since DA did all of the updates on my 170cc, with the Prow Flows and all other updates, it just ran perfect. Like a clock, actually it ran like a 150cc I wore my Pro Flow garb for good luck. Got three good flights on it and can't wait to put more. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Note my Pro Flow jacket hanging in the background.

Whoooohoooo!
Father Don is offline Find More Posts by Father Don
Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckin Chuck View Post
^SWAG!

I'm wearing my pro flow shirt to school today!
That a boy! Way to represent Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Don View Post
The maiden for my Extra 260 was flawless!! I guess the best compliment I could give Dave's build job is that it needed no trim, none, nada. Best flying plane I've ever flown. Plus, since DA did all of the updates on my 170cc, with the Prow Flows and all other updates, it just ran perfect. Like a clock, actually it ran like a 150cc I wore my Pro Flow garb for good luck. Got three good flights on it and can't wait to put more. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Note my Pro Flow jacket hanging in the background.

Whoooohoooo!
Thank You Don, I'm glad you like it and it flys so nice.

Planebender
Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Find More Posts by 401HITMAN
I like Mountain Dew!!
Elkhart Lake WI USA
Joined Jul 2007
407 Posts
The boys are impressed with the Pro Flows, they make my DA 120 very quiet. I am looking forward to this weekend, some nice weather is coming to Wisconsin, so I hope to burn up the last of the break in gas, and start tuning in the DA 120, and burn some smoke oil through the Pro Flows!
401HITMAN is offline Find More Posts by 401HITMAN
Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Thanks 401HITMAN, I love the way the DA-120 sounds on the Pro Flows. If you get a chance try and capture a smoke video for us. Take care and have fun flying!

Planebender
Old 04-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by GOGO29
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Oct 2011
184 Posts
Hey Dave got to fire up my 120 as well today like you say, the 120 does sound awsome with your pro flows. Cant wait to do my maiden sometime soon. Will be making another purchase as well for a 60 in the future
GOGO29 is offline Find More Posts by GOGO29
Old 04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGO29 View Post
Hey Dave got to fire up my 120 as well today like you say, the 120 does sound awsome with your pro flows. Cant wait to do my maiden sometime soon. Will be making another purchase as well for a 60 in the future
Thanks Donnie, I'm glad you are enjoying them! Anything we can do to help out just let me know.

Happy Easter!

planebender
Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by DeRenzi
" IN THE BOX ! "
United States, CA, San Bruno
Joined Apr 2008
70 Posts
ProFlows Prop selection for AW-260

Hey guys, I have a AW-260 now running a DA 150 in it, and after my contest coming up this weekend, I'll be switching over to a DA 170 with ProFlows. I've been hearing the transition on the throttle with the ProFlows has been great, can't wait to get the new engine and the cans in.
My AW 260 like others is approx 43 lbs., so the question is whats the best prop for IMAC.
I was told the Mejlik 30-13 EVO-L or the Mejlik 32-12 EVO will work. How many guys have tried BOTH. Please give me you opinions. Mine you I'm putting it on the DA-170 with the ProFlows and IMAC is my main considersation.

Thanks in Advance,
Joe.
DeRenzi is offline Find More Posts by DeRenzi
Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders e View Post
Dave, i too dont fly imac much But i have desided to go for two contests this summer.
I have red good things about the mej 30x13 and falkon 30x14. Thanks................i try one of them
Hey Anders,
I finally got to test run my DA-200 on the Pro-Flows, and wow! I love this thing! I tried it with a Mejzlik 32x10 and a Falcon 30x14. My 200 didnt seem to like the 32x10, in the past ive only ever used the 30x13 or 30x14 props for 3D. I liked the speed and quick spool time, but for IMAC they also work very well, just fast lol. For my plane that the 200 is going in, it will be for IMAC only. And i will be using the Falcon 30x14 prop. I think its a great prop for this motor IMO and would be a good choice for an all around prop for you, and if you try and dont like it you can send to me i could always use a spare lol.

Zach
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH

Quick Reply