logo
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by Flyper
Joined Jan 2013
65 Posts
I don't like directly powering a servo from a battery, they do not regulate well and you can get some small interactive oscillations when the horn is near home. A regulated power supply (BEC) manages those dips and rises better. You can even use several small 2-3 amp ubecs near remote servos and get less buzz etc. Example, a 2 amp bec in the wing, one in the tail, and maybe one up front for the throttle/rudder. I am speaking of analog standard servos. They, the 2 amp bec only weigh about 10g each. And they are good for a 3 amp short time load. Cheap too, as low as $6 ea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Energy View Post
I think your missing the point. This is a very debatable subject. Actually a debate neither of us can win. Thats fine that you guys want to gang multiple servos to a single receiver port. But I dont roll that way. I use 10 servos on my last 100cc plane. 3 servos per wing. Now I dont gang 2 servos together ever let alone 3. There are many ways to do this with out sharing the power supply from the receiver. All you need is a signal to control your servos from the receiver.. You can power them straight from the battery individually.
Flyper is offline Find More Posts by Flyper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply