logo
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
And I can't find any decent underwear anymore either.
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by BRBR
A contributor of sorts
Joined Aug 2012
1,931 Posts
some of what you say has a point and i see it here everytime i visit but you cant tar everyone with the same brush or class it as the same for every item. even those without owning a product, any product can still have an opinion. its what makes up the opinion thats worth reading. dont have to buy a product to know first hand if its ok or not. what you see, hear or assist with at the field can be just as informative as owning it. up to the person buying the product to decide if its good for him or not based on what he reads and his ultimate choice to decide if what he is hearing good or bad is valid. the same positives can be found to be negatives. how many magazine reviews have we all read of models that are the best since sliced bread only to find they are not. its easy to succumb to positives if its what you want to hear or are gullible enough not to question things. same can be applied to anything. common sense is what should be employed when receiving conflicting reports.
BRBR is offline Find More Posts by BRBR
Old 01-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by lowslow
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Mar 2006
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeq View Post
Customer service is a big deal around here...just look at the recent ARF vender flogging over not answering the phone, emails or replacing damaged or defective components. Over the years I have had excellent service and performance from Hitec and I've had a few failures but no brand is flawless or perfect. The programmable ones really make installing multi servo control surfaces simple.

I use a 7950 on my 36% Edge rudder and it doesn't jitter that bad. A 7955 wouldn't be adequate since I need more than 333 oz of torque and I'm sure at 7.4 volts the torque would be somewhat greater but I've not seen anything published about it. Plus the cost of adding another 7955 to the rudder would make the 7950 even more appealing. I have read the complaints about the 7950 but haven't experience them myself. Kind of like the Lipo fire scare...they maybe dangerous but the benefits out weigh the danger.
I have also seen many posts about the 7950, I cannot comment about them as I have not tried them. What I did do is try both the 7980 and 7990 and while they are not the fastest servo they have plenty of power on 7.4v, I use two for my rudder, on a 40%er, but if you don't need super speed, I think a single one of these on 7.4v would be enough for the rudder on a 35%.
lowslow is offline Find More Posts by lowslow
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
how low can you go
United States, OK, Inola
Joined Aug 2008
602 Posts
reading a magizine article should be takin with a grain of salt.. they get PERKS so to say to pipe up these products used.. do I run out and buy one of whatever cause one guy in a mag said its the most amazing thing ever.. no absolutely not..

but on the other hand if 10 guys said " hey man getting kicked in the face with a golf shoe is not that bad " BUT I HAVE NEVER TRIED IT.. I am going to be a little leary of listening to them..
racelikustolit3k is offline Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
how low can you go
United States, OK, Inola
Joined Aug 2008
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmceachern View Post

calvin klein boxer briefs.. they rock
racelikustolit3k is offline Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by Mikeq
Darned Spoilsport
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Oct 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowslow View Post
I have also seen many posts about the 7950, I cannot comment about them as I have not tried them. What I did do is try both the 7980 and 7990 and while they are not the fastest servo they have plenty of power on 7.4v, I use two for my rudder, on a 40%er, but if you don't need super speed, I think a single one of these on 7.4v would be enough for the rudder on a 35%.
That is true and they're just a few bucks more...I want to do a 40% plane but storage and transportation has thus far prevented me fulfilling my dream. Someday it will happen. I do read product reviews and talk to people before buying something new and I'm sure if you took a close look at every product sold you will find where someone said something negative about it.
Mikeq is offline Find More Posts by Mikeq
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by Mikeq
Darned Spoilsport
Joined Oct 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Just watch out for those Chinese clones sold at Wally World. Go to Pennys their clones are better
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:

Thats why i stopped wearing them
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by BRBR
A contributor of sorts
Joined Aug 2012
1,931 Posts
if i were to offer any assistance to the thread starter so he could form an opinion i would say. in europe we have been using both brands for a long time, savox has been in use here much longer than over in the usa. of all the forums and friends i have met at flying events, of all the models i have both flown and helped assemble or troubleshoot. i have seldom heard bad news about this brand only the cheapest of their range but have seen many change from hitec to other makes without giving reasons as to why. if either brand is as good as it is meant to be why then would it be replaced?
BRBR is offline Find More Posts by BRBR
Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by JohnBer
Old Grouch
USA, WA, Lynden
Joined Dec 2010
1,902 Posts
if you are running hv try the savox 2270, brushless for a rudder servo, 444 oz in. rating. no jitter, good center and stupid quick. put one on the rudder of mine after trying a couple other brands and the diff was pleasantly surprising. did the hitec thing, still have some 5955 and 5945 that are great on life a123 power. the 79 series and me had issues. they have all been replaced. only had 4 but all of em started jittering before i ever flew the servo. I know results vary, that was just my exp.
JohnBer is offline Find More Posts by JohnBer
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by bbrown2828
Team Futaba
United States, AR, Paragould
Joined May 2010
2,512 Posts
hey mike how ya doing ya Back to flying yet
bbrown2828 is offline Find More Posts by bbrown2828
Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by Mikeq
Darned Spoilsport
Joined Oct 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown2828 View Post
hey mike how ya doing ya Back to flying yet
Kind of...still basically operating on one eye but its slowly and progressively getting better. Don't fly alone because my depth perception still isn't very good so when landing the guys at the field let me know if my approach is off. Sometimes it appears I'm over the landing strip when I'm not.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by andersoneric04
3D Heli pilot turned planker
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Nov 2012
579 Posts
I use savox/align servos in all my airplanes and helicopters. Never had a problem.
andersoneric04 is offline Find More Posts by andersoneric04
Old 01-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
465 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ef...e_gdata_player
Monster Energy is offline Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by bbrown2828
Team Futaba
United States, AR, Paragould
Joined May 2010
2,512 Posts
flew my savox 1231 and 1230 today no jitters and rock soild
bbrown2828 is offline Find More Posts by bbrown2828

Quick Reply