logo
Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Find More Posts by jolio55
Flying Around :-P
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
36 Posts
Who's a member of the TRCC?

So obviously I am wondering who all on this site is a member of TRCC? I live in Tucson and am wondering who is out there that is a member of this club.
jolio55 is offline Find More Posts by jolio55
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by teryn
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Jan 2006
274 Posts
Re: Who's a member of the TRCC?

I am down south in Green Valley but have flown at TRCC quite a bit (flyins and such). Nick should be responding soon here...
teryn is offline Find More Posts by teryn
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

I am. Its a nice club with good people, but there are of course different kinds of fliers there. You have guys that fly small park flyers and foamis, scale guys, stick-flying guys, heli guys, and 3D guys. They are quite tolerant of those of us that refuse to fly in circles, but sometimes one or two of them might be having a bad day and will chew you a new one for simple "rule violations". You just brush them off and keep your distance and everything cools off. Most of the aerobatic and heli guys hang out on the east end and many of us choose to fly later in the day after the ducks have left so that their circle pattern doesn't get in the way of our type of flying.
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
36 Posts

Cool, yeah I guess right now I am one of those fly around in circles guys not by choice though. All I have right now is a trainer :-( I am currently looking for a plane that can do more than just takeoff and land just not sure what I want to get yet, and thinking about upgrading my radio first.

I have been to the club before but the times I went (early morning) there really wasn't anything exciting happening. When you say later in the day how late are you talking? I would just rather be there when there is a more layed back crowd, and more people flying the style I would like to learn.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

after about 10 am. many of us close the evening out at the flying field, too. It's hit or miss on the weekdays, but someone is usually there on the weekends in the afternoon, depending on the weather. Right now is a slow time in the season for hardcore flying - I have a 42% 260 and a 100cc 260 that I haven't flown in almost two months just because it is too hot to go through the effort. So I just throw my trusty ol' Ultrastick 60 in the truck, along with some beers and other refreshments and just go out there to hang out and shoot the s#it.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
36 Posts

Sounds good, I work this Saturday but i'm going to try and get down there this Sunday!! Sounds like its a pretty cool club, i'll just make sure I hang out on the east side of the field...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by toc pilot
Tucson, Az.
Joined Jan 2006
2,067 Posts

Quak, quak..... Did someone say Ducks?

Hello all you TRCC'ers. Nick, how is it going? I should be home in about 3 weeks. Look out 'cuz I will be all fired up about practicing for the Shootout!

Jolio55, Welcom to TRCC. This has been my home filed for 33 years!! OUCH-I am getting OLD!

TRCC is the biggest club with more members than any club in Tucson. It does have the most varied members and aircraft. You can go there and see basic RC trainers to full blown turbine aircraft or 50% scale aerobats. Very cool place. Nick is correct that this is a slow time for the club but this is true for any club in Tucson, it is just too hot.

The Tucson Shootout is the biggest RC aerobatic competitionin the world. This contest will be held from October 8th-12th at the TIMPA club, as this gets closer you will see a huge increase in afternoon activity at all club fields. There will be over 60 contestants competing for a ton of cash! Good time for watching some cool stuff!

Enjoy.

Bill Hempel

www.billhempel.com
toc pilot is offline Find More Posts by toc pilot
Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
36 Posts

Mr. Hempel,

I have been getting all fired up to go the Shootout, I am stoked to get to see all you guys battle it out as this will actually be my first Shootout. I have been watching your videos online, getting to actually see you fly in person will be such a treat!!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

It's on, Bill! I start practicing again next week - haven't flown the big stuff in almost 2 months. Heck, I might have to relearn my knowns, lol! Positive snaps are the red triangles, right?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by toc pilot
Tucson, Az.
Joined Jan 2006
2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
It's on, Bill! I start practicing again next week - haven't flown the big stuff in almost 2 months. Heck, I might have to relearn my knowns, lol! Positive snaps are the red triangles, right?

Aren't the red traingles for spins??

lol

BH
toc pilot is offline Find More Posts by toc pilot

Quick Reply