Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Groundschool: 3D Flying and Aerobatics
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
husker
Riley O'Brien

Quote: Originally Posted by phil alvirez
View Post
so why don't you guys tell me how to hover. all the details.
or is there something that i should try before?
thanks
Check out bonedocs videos. Dont focus on copying stick movements...you will never progress...you must learn what inputs are required and why. Bonedocs videos do a great job with that.

Last edited by husker; 12-08-2011 at 09:10 AM.
husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
William Storzuk
Live to Fly Another Day

After 2 years of practicing, you know what? STILL PRACTICING AND I LOVE IT!!!!!
William Storzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
Yak-Fever
"Live Like You're Dying...

Quote: Originally Posted by husker
View Post
Check out bonedocs videos. Dont focus on copying stick movements...you will never progress...you must learn what inputs are required and why. Bonedocs videos do a great job with that.
...Lots of good advice, with the new simulators getting better every year...its the only way to go, especially if you live up north and cant do much flying during winter months...they are worth every penny....happy flying.....
Yak-Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #19
yakwards
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

try it on the sim at 60% physics rate,it allows you to learn the rhythm of the inputs,speed up a little each day & soon youll be rollin.It is one the hardest moves out there.It was my nemesis for almost 6 months but I finally figured it out.If you really want to be humbled try it in the oppsosite direction,it's like starting all over gain.Like most things in life it gets easier with time & practice.
A teacher years ago once told me that practice doesnt make perfect but perfect practice makes perfection so make sure your doing everything in the proper order,remember you gotta crawl before walkin & walk before running.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #20
William Storzuk
Live to Fly Another Day

Yak-Fever, my situation exactly!!!!
William Storzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
phil alvirez
Flyin' Around

Default understood

Quote: Originally Posted by STLAV8R
View Post
Tip #1....practice on the flight simulator.

Tip # 2....buy a foamy.

Tip #3 practice tips #1 and #2!
thanks for the advice. as a matter of fact, i have several epp foamies that can do everything-i have asked experts to try them and i have seen them doing all with mine. i have access to a gym for 2 hours on sunday, surrounded by 6 or 7 other planes, and so far now i am able to stay as long as i want without falling, so that's why i want to learn to do stunts-that's why i ask here.
and, as in the past, doing the sim the rest of the time will help me to develop reactions and do it without thinking. just like walking.
phil alvirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #22
Breakstuff5050
SMACKING THE BEVEL!!!

SIMULATOR!!! And practice...

Before you try ANYTHING 3D. first learn to hover and recover, meanwhile practice slow rolls and point rolls and asking advice from an experienced pilot as you fly. They can tell you what you're doing wrong or how to go about a manuever in the best way.

One key thing is positioning, dont try stuff over your head or on the other side of the county, find a sweet spot for positioning where your comfortable, you have a clear view and no flight line hazards!

You will crash, thats what the sim is for, then take your foamy and crash it, not on purpose, but you have to get low when trying things, its easier and will make you much more satisfied. Then when you move to a bigger better plane you're not freaking out to be 15ft off the ground.

Dont give up! Its like riding a bike, hard to learn but you'll never forget how!

*uck it, just huck it

www.jtecrc.com
Breakstuff5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #23
phil alvirez
Flyin' Around

Default great advice

thank you gentlemen, great advice. i will try rolls on the sim until it becomes a second nature, and then at the gym with the epp foamies on sundays. on sim and gym first to the right, and when mastered, to the left. the training to develop reactions instinctively has to come from the sim, i agree. faster learning-and no expenses in repairs-and waste of time doing so. i have noticed that when releasing the plane at the gym, it seems to be wanting to hover, each time a little bit longer, so i think am getting closer to it. just have to let it go further. then will try rolls.
phil alvirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #24
JackRC
JR = Jack the Ripper

oh wow, can it do laundry? I tried mine and not getting any response!

LOL, sorry I just can't resist..

View Post
...i have several epp foamies that can do everything-i have asked experts to try them and i have seen them doing all with mine.
JackRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #25
STLAV8R
Team Twisted!

View Post
thanks for the advice. as a matter of fact, i have several epp foamies that can do everything-i have asked experts to try them and i have seen them doing all with mine. i have access to a gym for 2 hours on sunday, surrounded by 6 or 7 other planes, and so far now i am able to stay as long as i want without falling, so that's why i want to learn to do stunts-that's why i ask here.
and, as in the past, doing the sim the rest of the time will help me to develop reactions and do it without thinking. just like walking.
You're welcome. Try not to get frustrated...it is nothing that you are going to catch onto right away.

Practicing slow rolls then leading into rolling circles really helps a lot with figuring out the control inputs/rhythm of the sticks.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #26
Breakstuff5050
SMACKING THE BEVEL!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by JackRC
View Post
oh wow, can it do laundry? I tried mine and not getting any response!

LOL, sorry I just can't resist..
Did you check your expo and throttle curve?

*uck it, just huck it

www.jtecrc.com
Breakstuff5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #27
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

Quote: Originally Posted by Jaybird
View Post
Best tool ever is an EPP foamy and a sack full of HobbyKing lipos.
TRUE.THAT.FOR.SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Energie

T_Simatovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #28
stepsez
Fly Low - Fly Hard !!!

I first started out flying rolling circles at full throttle just using aileron & elevator: Then went on later to use lower throttle and added rudder to the mix: Doing it this way helped me implant the stir into my (Brain).....
Old 12-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #29
superstocktx
Decal Dennis

+1
superstocktx is online now   Reply With Quote