logo
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
Multi Platform Pilot
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Dec 2007
6,479 Posts

Tomorrow morning if i can knock some of my work out tonight.
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
if i can knock some of my work out
Oh, you working with the step kids?

What do we think of this little guy? Any dope on this model? My bud in Colorado is putting one together but he's slow, even with ARF's.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProductD...&storeId=10151

I think it looks OK. Looks like they were trying to get an airframe *package* together for the Evo 20cc gasser? Which, by the way, they rethought the rotary carb on those small displacement Evo nitro-to-gasser conversion engines. The 20cc we had in the little Pawnee tractor never did get tuned up. It had BIG fuel flow problems. You could set it for climbing flight, or straight and level flight, but not both. Frustrating. You have to set the fuel tank up like you would a nitro; short draw from the tank by having the tank neck poke through firewall (not appropriate to how the Pawnee was built) and if you invert the engine = problems. They re-issued the new motor with a traditional pump carb and it's what it's supposed to be; MUCH better and an actually very cool engine. In typical form tho', you couldn't just upgrade the rotary carb block with the pump carb. Which would have been, smart, and fair and logical. So, they obviously didn't do it.

Horizon threw Pete a bone tho' and gave him a great price on the reworked engine. He'll just use the old one in another project and set it up properly......................just a heads up if you have to mess with one of these Evos on a review project................
FoamieAirfarce is offline Find More Posts by FoamieAirfarce
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Airplane Killer
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Jun 2009
540 Posts

Foamie how wet is the Daytona field?
Outlaw308 is offline Find More Posts by Outlaw308
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
Multi Platform Pilot
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Dec 2007
6,479 Posts

I like that little Corsair and I met Tommy Blackburn and talked Pacific air war before he passed away so the Big Hog scheme holds a special place for me. Especially since most models have Kepfords 29 scheme.

The reason 17 put their logo on the cowl instead of the side was, and I quote him directly "to make sure we had room under the windshield for kill flags"
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw308 View Post
Foamie how wet is the Daytona field?
Dry as a bone! Couple of puddles on the road but the field is in great shape!
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
I like that little Corsair and I met Tommy Blackburn and talked Pacific air war before he passed away so the Big Hog scheme holds a special place for me. Especially since most models have Kepfords 29 scheme.

The reason 17 put their logo on the cowl instead of the side was, and I quote him directly "to make sure we had room under the windshield for kill flags"
Good stuff...........................