logo
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Not going to use the quote feature. Many of us were not using a "power distribution" system. Additionally, high end electronic equipment was used to troubleshoot the problem (e.g oscilloscope, etc.). The jitter caused extreme localized wear patterns in the pot wipers, etc...destroying them well before their useful life expectancy.

That is all I am willing to "repeat". The rest, since you say you are willing to learn, is buried in the many, many pages we have read/written over the months/years. It is time for you to do the same, or not.

The notice of firmware update written at the same time I was posting failed miserably, as did all of Hitecs efforts with the G2 circuitry servos. Many of us completed hours and hours of testing on the errant designed servos. No boosters ever could correct the jitters and jumps. The actual G2 circuitry was flawed.

Lastly, yep, you get what you pay for if you blindly believe what is written in an open forum. Heck, I am probably lying to you right now
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Last edited by Smacka; 02-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
you will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2012
1,097 Posts
Smacka, people (either you and I, or both, or others) can be wrong and not be lying.

This is an interesting thing for me...but oh well, I will contact Mike via PM to see if I can help.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; 02-02-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
you will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2012
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mayberry View Post
The Jumping can only be resolved with the boosters though when using the Power Safe RX's.
That is interesting. I sent you a PM. I am interested in helping because I like the programability feature of hitec servos, and I know based on my past electronics experience that there are band aids, and there are root causes, and I know based on my experience that addressing the root cause is always better in the long wrong. And I am competant at finding root causes. Don't want to sound like a know it all, it just turns out I know what I know, and I have never been stumped.

If anybody has one of these servos they want to send to me for some troubleshooting, let me know. Preferably one with a pot that has not already been damaged.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; 02-02-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by Chris Johnson
Salinas California
Joined Feb 2007
161 Posts
I am using the 7950's with a powersafe Receiver. Adding the booster {@ the servo end} completely stopped the Jumping/glitching. The 7950 is a powerful servo, especially when run @ 7.4. I swapped 7955's for 7950's on my elevators & maneuvers became crisper with more authority.
Chris Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Chris Johnson
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by bmclaughlin
United States, TX, Allen
Joined Mar 2008
1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
I am using the 7950's with a powersafe Receiver. Adding the booster {@ the servo end} completely stopped the Jumping/glitching. The 7950 is a powerful servo, especially when run @ 7.4. I swapped 7955's for 7950's on my elevators & maneuvers became crisper with more authority.
Interesting point (at the servo end) is there actually a recommended position? I have pluggged them into the receiver and then the servo extension.........

Alway has worked but I just ran into one that it would not.... wouldn't jump or jitter but the rudder trim would be off untill the Li on voltage dropped a little after a full charge.... about 1 flight.
bmclaughlin is online now Find More Posts by bmclaughlin
Old 02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Semeraro
Ducati Mechanic's Fly Extreme!
Joined Sep 2011
122 Posts
Any info on the upgrade kit for a 7955tg?? I've seen these secraft arms go threw hell and back, and would like to add this kit to the new 7955tg in my 78" extra. Not sure why they didn't use the 7955?
Tim Semeraro is offline Find More Posts by Tim Semeraro
Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by RCToon
Dubai, UAE
Joined Dec 2009
880 Posts
I use only 7955s and always on a powersafe recv on 33% to 37% planes and never had a issue. The servos on the elevator jitter (more like a buzz) more soto when the batteries are freshly charged. Few hundred fligh ts so far.
RCToon is offline Find More Posts by RCToon
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by The Drunk
Joined Jan 2013
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
You can run the Hitec boosters at the servo end but not the Spectrum ones. They make the V2 7950 servos lash all over the place violently. Non V2s are ok with that config though. Don't ask me ...

Just make sure you use Hitec brand signal boosters to be safe. I don't even need them on my V2's with long leads.
The Drunk is offline Find More Posts by The Drunk
Last edited by The Drunk; 02-05-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by dp2826
United States, IA, Sioux City
Joined Jul 2012
226 Posts
Was thinking about the 7950's on my next airframe. Have the jitter issues been solved with this servo? I heard they fixed the issue, is this true?
dp2826 is offline Find More Posts by dp2826
Old 04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by 3DSky
Fly 3D or GO HOME
New Berlin, WI
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Repair

I had sent back 2 (7950 blue box) and they were returned updated with the servo lead inline amp. I am using both on rudders with the servo in the tail and long leads, direct pushrod. So far OK on A123's no regulator.
3DSky is offline Find More Posts by 3DSky
Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by cbh82v
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbh82v View Post
Mine is doing the same thing. It does not stop with force on the aileron. You can hear the other servo on the aileron fighting it. It's only the outer servo for now. The plane has 5 more that are fine. I really don't want to put all new servos in the plane.

servo jitter - YouTube

Just to up date my situation. I sent the one 7950TH that was jumping to hitec RCD. They reprogrammed it for free and it worked for a short time then started to buzz a little. The jump that it had before started with a slight buzz then progressed to a uncommanded jump after about 10 flights.

Talked to the hitec guy and he said send it back again. I was tired of paying shipping and looking at my plane sit for weeks, so I swapped the servo into my pilot yak that is running a JR matchbox rather than a Smartfly EQ10. The servo seems fine after 30 flights or so.

So I'm still at square one. I don't think the EQ10 is the problem because my slick has 5 other 7950's that are running fine on unregulated life 6.6v packs matched by a smart fly EQ10. For some reason that one 7950 does not get along with the set up in my slick.

The whole thing has given my a bad feeling about using hitec's in the 42%er that I'm putting together. I'm thinking JR 8711's regulated for that plane.
cbh82v is offline Find More Posts by cbh82v
Old 04-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by Low_Cal
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Dec 2009
2,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I talked with a guy today about it--he doesn't have any trouble with these servos, and claims to have used them many times.

But when I see an accessory product (let's keep it unnamed) that in normal use has multiple different signal wires going to a receiver all sharing a common ground wire (or two)...I think I'm seeing the work product of an engineer or technician who either doesn't know about crosstalk, or was told not to care because some bean counter thinks the pennies saved are worth it, and I'm not even getting to how this configuration also increases susceptibility. It could be that the designers were diligent, measured the crosstalk/wire trade off, but I don't know...

The signal boosters, I haven't even looked into those products yet.

The videos I've seen don't mention if a power distribution board is being used, or show how the signals are being routed, whether signal boosters are being used, etc., so I am skeptical.

I am willing to learn, but I am not willing to leave what I know off the table.

Anyway, anybody use these servos with, for example, a power safe receiver and no other power distribution or signal boosters, and have trouble?

P.S. I hope this doesn't sound angry...I just remember how people were telling me my spektrum radio systems was going to result in all sorts of issues, when I haven't had a single issue. Sometimes I wonder about some of the wisdom I read on the forums.
Yes, I have used these servos both with a Power Safe reciever (no power distribution board) and with with a an EQ12 power distribution board (no power safe reciever.) Either way, I have two nervous servos on the rudder of my 35% Extra. Using 6.6v or 7.4v batteries make no difference.

I have not tried using signal boosters of any type, but it looks like twisting the long servo extensions is a solution. Will do more testing and report back.
Low_Cal is offline Find More Posts by Low_Cal
Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by Mrs R
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
Hi! Guys,
I have been sending out (Emailed) the new repair scheme for 8 months. I have only had 1 person say it didn't work and made it worse. He sent some photos of the work and I found that he used the wrong Capacitor, not in Capacity but in the physical dimensions, after I brought this to his attention I haven't heard from him again.
So I may release the mods. when I get time.

I am working with HITEC Korea (SOUTH) Ha! Ha! Ha!.and they will get my redesign as soon as the Blank Circuit Boards arrive. This is a complete redesign of the circuit and works perfectly in the test PCBs which are about One and a half times the size of the boards used in the servos. This allowed me to use 0603 components instead of the 0402 components used in the Servo PCBs.

The great thing is that there has been an equal sharing of information when they found I new what I was talking about and I would not share confidential information.

So there is a fix for the G2 circuit ALL versions and a new board on the horizon.

When HITEC does do the required board changes (Mine or Theirs) we will get a good solid servo and that is all we really want, Is it not?

I have a Paypal account AU. what info is required so donations can be placed in it.

ALL THE BEST
Rachael
PS the repairs are not expensive to carry out but it is a pain having to remove the Servos from the plane and then pull them apart etc. there are only 5 to 6 parts to change or add which is better than 9 plus on the original Repair we were looking at doing.
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by dp2826
United States, IA, Sioux City
Joined Jul 2012
226 Posts
So you're saying if I buy new 7950 servos I have to fix them first?
dp2826 is offline Find More Posts by dp2826
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry
Poway, CA
Joined Mar 2006
798 Posts
No, the latest firmware now used in the 7950's resolves the issues discussed earlier in this thread so there is no need to do anything with them. Older versions can be sent in to Hitec USA for the update as needed.

Mike.
Mike Mayberry is offline Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry

Quick Reply