logo
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2016, 09:31 PM
Krazy Karl is offline
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Registered User
Krazy Karl's Avatar
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
3,905 Posts
Prolly not ever going to see anything like this in public. At least not in the air!

What a shame we are now suppressed and limited by the all mighty federal government. What next?

Hey Colton....

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/...s-a380/2965799
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:10 AM
Colton is offline
Find More Posts by Colton
Now taking manuver requests!
Colton's Avatar
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2010
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
Prolly not ever going to see anything like this in public. At least not in the air!

What a shame we are now suppressed and limited by the all mighty federal government. What next?

Hey Colton....

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/...s-a380/2965799

I can confirm that I was very involved in this project
Colton is offline Find More Posts by Colton
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:47 PM
3ddd is offline
Find More Posts by 3ddd
tissue ? cry baby jack wagon!
3ddd's Avatar
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
2,879 Posts
well i can confirm the club i fly at (TIMPA) is requiring you to register with faa and present the numbers in or on your planes,,,so fellows uncle Toms cousin,,(FAA) has won it looks like
3ddd is offline Find More Posts by 3ddd
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:47 PM
jglemba is offline
Find More Posts by jglemba
Smokin Joe
jglemba's Avatar
United States, PA, Charleroi
Joined Apr 2009
243 Posts
Tonight Show

Karl,

That was the show that I watched weeks ago and commented on! I knew it was too much of a coincedence!
jglemba is offline Find More Posts by jglemba
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Krazy Karl is offline
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Registered User
Krazy Karl's Avatar
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglemba View Post
Karl,

That was the show that I watched weeks ago and commented on! I knew it was too much of a coincedence!
Yeah no coincidence there Joe. I looked for it when you first posted but did not find anything. My wife found the clip last evening. Maybe the Gulfstream will make Jimmy Fallon one day! lol... Who knows.

Thanks guys for the info on the f....... ah I prolly shouldn't say it.

I am concerned with all the wording with everything is up to 55 lbs. I am not sure exactly where this leaves Monster12. Joe Nall could suck in a few years as a lot of people go to see the one offs including me. Those bastards is all I can say.

This is going to be interesting.
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Krazy Karl is offline
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Registered User
Krazy Karl's Avatar
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
3,905 Posts
On a modeling note I have found a stupid simple way to make vacuum bags for making glass parts or for clamping purposes.

yep all from Home Depot and well... harbor freight. I love that place too!

I also have been making plaster of paris molds for making glass parts. It's dirt cheap compared to epoxy resin molds. One good reason to live in the north I suppose. There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:35 PM
japan3d is offline
Find More Posts by japan3d
Mr. Cessna
japan3d's Avatar
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Sagamihara
Joined Jan 2006
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
One good reason to live in the north I suppose. There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.
It's all because the sledding hill at Paul's Acres is gone.
japan3d is offline Find More Posts by japan3d
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:18 AM
Colton is offline
Find More Posts by Colton
Now taking manuver requests!
Colton's Avatar
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2010
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
On a modeling note I have found a stupid simple way to make vacuum bags for making glass parts or for clamping purposes.

yep all from Home Depot and well... harbor freight. I love that place too!

I also have been making plaster of paris molds for making glass parts. It's dirt cheap compared to epoxy resin molds. One good reason to live in the north I suppose. There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.

Man this is just killer Karl!

Looks like the FAA at this current time is going to just let us go by the AMA safety guidlines. So for right now it looks like we'll still just have to get her checked off by the inspector.
Colton is offline Find More Posts by Colton
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:37 AM
reyn3545 is offline
Find More Posts by reyn3545
Registered User
reyn3545's Avatar
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2006
10,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
Yeah no coincidence there Joe. I looked for it when you first posted but did not find anything. My wife found the clip last evening. Maybe the Gulfstream will make Jimmy Fallon one day! lol... Who knows.

Thanks guys for the info on the f....... ah I prolly shouldn't say it.

I am concerned with all the wording with everything is up to 55 lbs. I am not sure exactly where this leaves Monster12. Joe Nall could suck in a few years as a lot of people go to see the one offs including me. Those bastards is all I can say.

This is going to be interesting.
I thought the FAA and AMA wording for the over 55 pound planes was just to acknowledge that larger planes would fall under already existing AMA inspection criteria.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:14 AM
jglemba is offline
Find More Posts by jglemba
Smokin Joe
jglemba's Avatar
United States, PA, Charleroi
Joined Apr 2009
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post

There is nothing else to do when it's so nasty outside. It's called being bored stiff.
I couldn't make it up to the clubhouse to work on planes. Confined to the basement. Just me and some black and white paint! Haven't done that in years!
jglemba is offline Find More Posts by jglemba
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Hinckley Bill is offline
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Registered User
Hinckley Bill's Avatar
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglemba View Post
I couldn't make it up to the clubhouse to work on planes. Confined to the basement. Just me and some black and white paint! Haven't done that in years!
Wow, very impressive indeed
Hinckley Bill is offline Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Krazy Karl is offline
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Registered User
Krazy Karl's Avatar
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japan3d View Post
It's all because the sledding hill at Paul's Acres is gone.
Not today. Open for business buddy! My son in law is going to bring the quad up to tow Jake and Zak up the hill. Man kids are spoiled these day. lol...

Did you break any bones on this hill Richard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Man this is just killer Karl!

Looks like the FAA at this current time is going to just let us go by the AMA safety guidlines. So for right now it looks like we'll still just have to get her checked off by the inspector.
Thanks Colton. Making our parts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
I thought the FAA and AMA wording for the over 55 pound planes was just to acknowledge that larger planes would fall under already existing AMA inspection criteria.
Let's hope so. I saw a post somewhere that said that but it would be nice to hear it from the AMA. I may have to e mail them for official word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglemba View Post
I couldn't make it up to the clubhouse to work on planes. Confined to the basement. Just me and some black and white paint! Haven't done that in years!
You've got a gift Joe. Pretty cool scene. My wife and I hike a lot and that scene could be in the woods in Mingo Creek park. The trial of life.
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Krazy Karl is offline
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Registered User
Krazy Karl's Avatar
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
3,905 Posts
Incase the snow hasn't melted yet...

Here's a really cool project that a couple friends did. (Colton as one of)

Can you say "Holly Heck" about 20 times in a row. I think this would surely tick off the wife/..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592977
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools