Old 04-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra nuts View Post
Thanks Eric for the insult and thumbs down. I guess since you said so, im no good for the hobby. I wont quit helping people learn to fly natural. You make it sound as though one has to promote a automated product to help newcomers or others learn to fly. To each their own opinion.
No problem on the thumbs down. If you are a person that would throw insults for somebody having this in there plane, then you might not be a good ambassador of the hobby. If somebody called me a p---y for having one of these, then I would not think you are good for the hobby. I in no way said newbies have to have electronic gizmos to learn to fly. Again, this can be an aid if you want it to. It will not fly your plane for you.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by BJORNBAAL
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Sep 2010
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Designed with all fixed wing aircraft in mind.

David

Thank you. Looking forward to the release date.
BJORNBAAL is offline Find More Posts by BJORNBAAL
Old 04-09-2015, 01:46 AM
Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Extra Extras, I'm all about it
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb View Post
No problem on the thumbs down. If you are a person that would throw insults for somebody having this in there plane, then you might not be a good ambassador of the hobby. If somebody called me a p---y for having one of these, then I would not think you are good for the hobby. I in no way said newbies have to have electronic gizmos to learn to fly. Again, this can be an aid if you want it to. It will not fly your plane for you.
I get it Eric.My response was to the guy I quoted in my first post. If you get it you get it, if not, then i tell you, im the most anti gyro in a plane guy you will ever hear from. I rib everyone for using or liking them equally and in good fun. Really just old school. I'm used to hanging around and flying with thick skinned people (like Leesburg) who understand and share that kind of humor. He spent a lot of time around QQ over the years as his caller. We joke around pretty hard core a lot of times and egg each other on. But it is all in good spirit. You will see it a lot in competition. I guess if your not used to that sort of thing I can see where you thought it would be an insult. But it was all in good fun. Really sensitive people might not understand, especially on a forum where you cant tell the true disposition of the others through typed words. I was quick to point that out in my second post just in case by saying no harm intended. I sure the flex guys can roll with it. They know their cool and I doubt they would do anything but laugh. Its really ok, just let it go bro. QQ's the MAN. THE GODFATHER!!! Im pretty sure he gets it and doesn't need a spokesperson. Its all good. MOVING ON......
Extra nuts is offline Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Old 04-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
United States, IL, Moline
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
I've been flying over 20ys. I help everyone. I know how to fly...but these products are great and fun. I just installed a 3axis in my laser. Didn't it make the plane fly by itself? No. What it did is take a few light quirks out if my plane and give me more confidence and willingness to try some things I've had trouble with. If you call it cheating you may have never really used them. Also some purple are in this for FUN. If someone needs something like this to help them keep planes in the air longer and have fun so be it. I've tried them,I don't need them, but I'll be adding a few more to my fleet once this brand is available. Unless your flying in competition, this is just a fun aid to have
nappyroots2182 is offline Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
Old 04-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra nuts View Post
I get it Eric.My response was to the guy I quoted in my first post. If you get it you get it, if not, then i tell you, im the most anti gyro in a plane guy you will ever hear from. I rib everyone for using or liking them equally and in good fun. Really just old school. I'm used to hanging around and flying with thick skinned people (like Leesburg) who understand and share that kind of humor. He spent a lot of time around QQ over the years as his caller. We joke around pretty hard core a lot of times and egg each other on. But it is all in good spirit. You will see it a lot in competition. I guess if your not used to that sort of thing I can see where you thought it would be an insult. But it was all in good fun. Really sensitive people might not understand, especially on a forum where you cant tell the true disposition of the others through typed words. I was quick to point that out in my second post just in case by saying no harm intended. I sure the flex guys can roll with it. They know their cool and I doubt they would do anything but laugh. Its really ok, just let it go bro. QQ's the MAN. THE GODFATHER!!! Im pretty sure he gets it and doesn't need a spokesperson. Its all good. MOVING ON......

It's all good. Typed words kinda suck sometimes. They read different than what we really intend to say.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 04-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by gareth.ky
Caymanian Pirate Code Monkey
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2006
2,122 Posts
Great to see someone else getting into this space. I never did want to give Powerbox or Bavarian Deamon $300 for $25 worth of electronics.

High quality Gyros, Accelerometers, 32 bit CPU with all the fixins: http://www.getfpv.com/acro-naze32-fl...ght-angle.html
(no cool SBus or Spektrum ports though!)
High quality open source software to run it: http://cleanflight.com/

I look forward to doing a fly-off between Cleanflight, the Deamon and the Aura this summer.
gareth.ky is offline Find More Posts by gareth.ky
Old 04-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
Man this sounds like i wanna try one
ponyboy082662 is offline Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 04-10-2015, 05:17 AM
Find More Posts by jparia
Joined May 2014
122 Posts
This system can help the newbies pilote on small plane for newbies (i think also that's no good ), but we do not learn to fly with a great aerobatic plane ...
jparia is offline Find More Posts by jparia
Old 04-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Find More Posts by tisoy909
Tisoy909
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Mar 2009
44 Posts
How much is it, and can i put it in my 50CC?
tisoy909 is offline Find More Posts by tisoy909
Old 04-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by Steen_Skybolt
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined May 2008
16 Posts
Can this unit be plug in between a receiver and a Smart Fly power expander board?
Steen_Skybolt is offline Find More Posts by Steen_Skybolt
Old 04-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisoy909 View Post
How much is it, and can i put it in my 50CC?
Psst..click that link above that says click here for more information
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 04-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
10,276 Posts
Might be fun to play with. I'm subscribed. And what is 6 axis? I understand roll/pitch/yaw...
Phil Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Old 04-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Living the dream
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Griffin View Post
Might be fun to play with. I'm subscribed. And what is 6 axis? I understand roll/pitch/yaw...

rotational acceleration positioning around those three axis requires the addition of more axis than the standard 3. This is where the compass and acceleration hardware are integrated.

It was described to be some time ago like this.

Think of a plane coming in for landing on an aircraft carrier
The plane moves in 3 dimensions of course, but so does the aircraft carrier.

The plane is being buffeted by wind and the aircraft carrier is being moved by both wind and waves..hence the need/use of the accelerometer for extremely accurate positioning.

So the other 3 axis are up/down, side to side, and forward and backward and are measured by a 3axis accelerometer

Its not new tech. Been around for awhile. If you have one, your Nintendo Wii controller has this built in

http://invensense.com/mems/gyro/sixaxis.html

If you are still having trouble visualizing this...hold your hand out straight ahead of you, flat and parallel to the ground.

Now move your hand up and down and back and forth and side to side all while keeping the pitch, roll and yaw of your hand perfectly straight and flat. That's what a 3axis accelerometer can measure and coupled with the other 3 axis of movement, along with some decent processing power and algorithms, gives extremely precise control.

To me, it sounds as if Flex is planning this bit of kit to be able to control multirotors and FBL heli's in the near future as well. Perhaps they will have a GPS attachment with a compass chip built in coming soon
Last edited by Cryhavoc38; 04-10-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Living the dream
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
The link to the afroflight board Gareth linked above is an example of a "6 axis gryo/accelerometer"
This one is a more capable unit that incorporates a 3 axis magnetometer(used as a compass) and a barometer sensor (the small silver rectangular can that has two holes in it is the baro chip)

http://www.getfpv.com/full-naze32-fl...ght-angle.html

Back to the Potenza Aura..if she proves to be a solid, easy to use 6 axis gyro..at $80 bucks, it will kill the Demon cortex sales given its $350 plus price tag.
Last edited by Cryhavoc38; 04-10-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
10,276 Posts
That explains it perfectly. I now understand. Thanks...
Phil Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Phil Griffin

Quick Reply