logo
Old 08-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by madmax
The Michael Jordan of RC
United States, CA, Aliso Viejo
Joined Jan 2006
22,516 Posts
Smart-Fly @ FG!

Folks, welcome the crew from Smart-Fly! This forum will be headed up by a number of community Smart-Fly guys including Kiwi himself. If you have any questions regarding Smart-Fly products, ask 'em here! For questions regarding order status, please contact SF directly at 480-460-2652.

Thanks, and Welcome!

MD
madmax is offline Find More Posts by madmax
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by wizard
It will fly!!!
Washington, Indiana
Joined Jan 2006
13,374 Posts
Re: Smart-Fly @ FG!

Smart-Fly Welcome to the Giants. It is great to see manufactures active in the on line side of the hobby. I think that it will be a great resource to have you here.
wizard is offline Find More Posts by wizard
Old 08-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile, Antofagasta, Antofagasta Province
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

Your generosity exceeds your wealth Mr Duncan.

In all seriousness Robert has a few great tricks up his sleeve and they will be made public pretty soon. Smart-Fly to me at least has always been a leading edge company when it comes to RC electronics.

Its very well priced, works well and if anything is not to the buyers satisfaction the problem gets solved.

Fire away guys.

Kiwi
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by madmax
The Michael Jordan of RC
United States, CA, Aliso Viejo
Joined Jan 2006
22,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi
Your generosity exceeds your wealth Mr Duncan.
TRUE DAT!
madmax is offline Find More Posts by madmax
Old 08-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Find More Posts by adrian
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jan 2006
2,931 Posts

kiwi give us a hint - yup the powerexpander is kick ass - i have used many in build project for friends and in jets that i build for guys - i personally have always used the bigger stuff but certainly look forward to their new products - bloody marvelous!
adrian is offline Find More Posts by adrian
Old 11-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by FlyinTiger
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined Jul 2006
386 Posts

Hey guys! I'm really happy with my EQ10 and EQ6 Turbo, great stuff.

I need some help. I'm flying with a couple of guys that saw my Smart-Fly power distro systems and had a cow...they are sighting some failures as to the reason they stay far from "power boxes" as they call them.

Was there a rash of failures in the past? I can't find a SINGLE one posted on ANY forum out there.

These guys insist on two receivers...I tell them, I run FOUR (my AR9100 has two satellite and two built in!), but of course they say that doesn't count!

Thanks for your help.

Keep making these systems so good and reasonably priced!
FlyinTiger is offline Find More Posts by FlyinTiger
Last edited by FlyinTiger; 11-11-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: wrong rx listed
Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

First I heard of this regarding SF gear. I've got it in every plane I own.

2 RX's vs one is a personal choice. I use one (or 3 if you count the Spektrum satellites).
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts

Hi,
Admittedly I am biased here but we have never had a "rash of failures". Were they talking about Smart-Fly systems in particular or power systems (like PowerBox and Emotec) in general? There are some people that do not like flying any powersystem. JR and Spektrum actively discourage it because it impacts their business (AR9100, JR922, Matchboxes, etc). Futaba is neutral or encourages it on larger planes. So, I am not sure where this is coming from but I honestly just have to keep looking forward and provide the best gear I can to the community.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by WrongWayRC
Dot Com-ing it...
Ormond Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2008
4,091 Posts

Subscribed.

I am three for three at 100% good with these PE's. I think they are just great.
WrongWayRC is offline Find More Posts by WrongWayRC
Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Find More Posts by All Thumbs
AKA.. John Murdoch
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Jan 2006
448 Posts

Welcome Robert..

I've been using Smart-Fly equipment in every plane I own, and always will.

A few years ago, I was at the Catcus Classic IMAC contest when during the competition, one 40% airplane had an issue with the motor box coming loose causing the engine to twist in a manor to where the throttle linkage was bound at full throttle. We all heard the thumping and thrashing of the engine and could only watch knowing it was just a matter of time before something was going to tragically happen. After a minute or two, wham, the engine departed the airframe. Robert was there with his newly introduced Smart-Fly optical ignition cut-off. Within a mater of minutes of that happening, the few cut-off packages that he brought with him were immediately sold.

It was from that moment on that I watched the Smart-Fly line of products emerge. Robert actively watches the threads and listens to pilots. When there is an obvious need, Robert seems to be in the works producing an item which addresses those needs.

During the last five years or so, I've had the need to contact Robert more than a dozen times. He's always responsive, usually getting back to me within minutes of an e-mail or phone call.

Many of my friends use Smart-Fly equipment. Although few, whenever there's is an issue, whether it was pilot error, equipment failure or just plain questions about a Smart-Fly piece equipment, Robert rivals Desert Aircraft with whatever customer service is necessary to eliminate aircraft down time.

Lastly, Robert is truly active in our events, whether it be fun flys, huck flys, jet flys or IMAC contests, Robert is usually there supporting those events as an active sponsor.

Welcome to Flying Giants Robert.. And thank you for supporting our hobby with outstanding products and customer support.

John Murdoch
All Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by All Thumbs
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by Kent
Joined Apr 2006
7 Posts

From the sponsors of the Canadian Scale Aerobatic Nationals in Sudbury Ontario Canada 2008 Our thanks for the fantastic support on our August weekend. The turbo 6 is the best power distribution panel for 42% IMAC and we endorse all Smart-Fly products and there excellent support service.Apex Business supply,Pennzoil K.Fabbro
Kent is offline Find More Posts by Kent
Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts

I'm buy Smart Fly pretty much exclusively. I'm not normally one for brand loyalties, but this one I could be. I might try one of the 42% products kill switch's next time, but if I ever need power distribution (which I beleive in for anything that takes more than 5 servos for the control surfaces), I'm buying Smart Fly Power Expanders.
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by FlyinTiger
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined Jul 2006
386 Posts

Thanks for the comprehensive responses! I've had nothing but EXCELLENT service from Robert and have had no reason to worry about the power expanders. Just making sure I can respond accurately and intelligently when people attack with comments about something they haven't used.

Hear-say from some can ruin it for other guys who are looking into gassers and should get a fair representation on the options that are available.

Keep up the great work! I'm hooked on Smart-Fly products!
FlyinTiger is offline Find More Posts by FlyinTiger
Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Find More Posts by smokin
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

smart-fly service is tremendous. they always anwer your call and ship right away! i use their stuff in all of my 50cc plus size birds and wouldn't even consider a change!!!!
smokin is offline Find More Posts by smokin
Old 11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by capcanuck
CapCanuck
Sudbury, Ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts

Smart Fly products have always been top notch and work as advertised. I have used their stuff for over 4 years and am always amazed at the new innovations that come out of their shop
They are also terrific sponsors and ardent supporters in our hobby and are to be commended.

CapCanuck
capcanuck is offline Find More Posts by capcanuck

Quick Reply