logo
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
how low can you go
United States, OK, Inola
Joined Aug 2008
602 Posts
Re: JUNE 25th - 27th - THE FIRST EVER MEGA-HUCKFEST! - SALLISAW, OKLAHOMA

I know, I have been waiting for something besides the "HEATWAVE IN THE HEARTLAND" to come along any input yet on whats gonna happen??

RACE
racelikustolit3k is offline Find More Posts by racelikustolit3k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by Josh Price
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,297 Posts

yeap
I promise it will be up maybe even tonight. its all good things
Josh Price is offline Find More Posts by Josh Price
Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 PM
how low can you go
United States, OK, Inola
Joined Aug 2008
602 Posts

ok good deal... I will be waiting

thanks

RACE
Old 05-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Still Draggin' 'Em
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Mar 2007
6,809 Posts

I would tell you guys myself, but you have to send large sums to my pay pal first. lol. I know the secret :4:
BOSSIER_ROB is offline Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Old 05-18-2010, 10:30 PM
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,297 Posts

OK time for us to kick this thing off......

First up the rumors and biggest thing I need to cover...
YES the Huckfest will be moved to Hot Springs Ar.
When we all started planning the huckfest in October we had the City of Sallisaw Ok. On board and offered to let us Take over the airport so to speak... They were even going to shut the runway down on sat. So we had free rain and no interruptions... so we got everything finalized and all the approvals from the FAA to go about this... Now anyone that knows how gov. works knows that things are never going to be easy and if they seem to be that means it is about to blow up in your face... so we started planning this and a FAA official got involved when he heard rumors of the event and basically said it won’t happen. So.... we rearranged all the information, sent it all in and was going to keep the airport open and go on as planned only to find out that things were not going to change with his views and feelings toward it... so we talked to a guy a little higher to find answers and he basically said yea plan on it and we will come as well and put on a FAA safety meeting there for the local full Scale guys. The only thing was we need to complete the paper work with to have the event including full scale. Which I did.
The response I got was the “RC activity at the airport is still my main concern”. MANY MANY MANY more emails were sent back and forth and with each one it was becoming more and more clear we had a big problem and it was only getting worse. The last email which was just before nall stated we would have a definite answer in 35 days.
Now let’s just say the event went on... It was possible that the guy could show up and tell us all to leave right then and well we can’t take that kind of risk.
So instead of fighting the guy and jeopardizing all the hard work the AMA has done to build a good relationship with the FAA, we (me, Jim Flannigan, and SleepyC (Steve)) made the decision to move the event to a club that would not only be able to support this kind of gathering but to a place that is already a AMA field and not at a airport.
I just did not want to have to be told to pack it up or have it canceled the day before.
So for all the guys that have preregistered please call me or email me and I will make sure you are taken care of and if a refund is needed I completely understand and one will be sent. But at least call me so we can talk it over. 4798065283
Now on to the new location
The field is in Hot Springs Ar. ( http://www.hotspringsrc.com/ ) and the field is just 4 miles to the north of down town Hot Springs. This place is AWESOME!!! Hot Springs is a major tourist attraction for the state of Arkansas and has lots of things to do.
But with the main attraction here being the Huckfest let’s talk about the event.
First off is the location, the runway
The runway is around 650 feet total (350 black top and 150 of grass on each end) with the center section asphalted. The runway sites on a hill with a slope in front of you that allows you to do knife edge passes below the runway... Way cool…
Some of you remember this location as the place where the EAA club had a couple events. It’s the same place. Only difference is the club has new officers (all of which are excited about this and can’t wait to have it), the runway has been recovered and is nice and smooth asphalt, the park around it has been built up so it is even bigger, and the club has grown. I am sure not long after this post people will agree this place ROCKS!!! It is closer to Little Rock as well which is the closest major airport. Another Thing that is a plus is we camping is welcome. With the 4th of July being close to the event I am sure there will be a fireworks stand on like every corner and with any Huckfest camping is encouraged so you don’t miss anything. Steve is getting all the donations together for the event and won’t even tell me what he has up his sleeve other then it is going to be awesome. Heck I have a guy that does professional grade fireworks displays wanting to come out and have some fun with us so as soon as I get some details on what he had planned I will let you know.. I know he mentioned a something about a 20’ by 20’ wall of sparkles that looked like a water fall to hover in front of. I will know more on this guy when I find out what it is he is planning. The Dinner is still included with the pilot’s registration. The local club has a fly in each year I go to and they grill burgers, dogs, beans slaw, potato salad, chips and everything in between.
So that being said I hope this does not upset too many as it has really bothered me for the last several weeks. I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am now that the politics game is out and just have’n fun is back in…
Feel free to call me or Jim if you have any questions.
Directions are below

Our Flying Site is located North of Hot Springs at the new Garland County Cedar Glades Recreational Park Facility.
Map:

Directions to Flying Site: From Hot Springs, Hwy7/Central Ave., turn West onto Whittington Ave., (at water fountain) and then make an immediate right onto Cedar. This road will become Cedar Glade, then drive until you come to Wildcat Rd. Turn right and follow road until you see the Hot Springs R/C Flying Club sign.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:32 PM
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,297 Posts

a EAA trailer at this feild
Extreme Aerobatic Club Hot Springs Arkansas 2006 DVD Teaser (1 min 24 sec)
Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by 66stang
Fly it like you hate it!
Collinsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
4,925 Posts

Sounds Bad Ass! Nice work in short order to you guy's for finding a new place!
66stang is offline Find More Posts by 66stang
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 PM
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,297 Posts
Re: JUNE 25th - 27th - THE FIRST EVER MEGA-HUCKFEST! - Hot Springs Ar.

this place was one of the location we were considering before we were invited in to sallisaw.. I want everyone to know that sallisaw helped me and tried with every thing they had to keep the event there but with it coming down to the wire with the "outside" official it was making us sweat bullets.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by Flyinrazrback
Smoking a Blunt with Yoda
Ft. Smith, AR
Joined Jan 2006
2,764 Posts

Well, hope it turns out good in Hot Springs for you guys, but a bit further than I will be able to travel. Too bad about the FAA and wish you guys would have mentioned that as I have a connection at the FAA that could have made your issue go away.
Flyinrazrback is offline Find More Posts by Flyinrazrback
Old 05-18-2010, 10:45 PM
how low can you go
United States, OK, Inola
Joined Aug 2008
602 Posts

sweet not to bad at all!! just wondering if there will be RV hook ups anywhere close??

RACE
Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Feb 2006
10,852 Posts

Great work Josh!

The King is coming!
Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 05-18-2010, 10:53 PM
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,297 Posts

We pulled every string you could imagine. we even had a AMA rep that works for the FAA on it....
Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by dmckeller
United States, FL, St Johns
Joined Jan 2006
84 Posts

Hot Springs is awesome! This is a beautiful field and I must say thank you to the Hot Springs RC club for stepping up. Great work Josh and I am really looking forward to the event.

Doug
dmckeller is offline Find More Posts by dmckeller
Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by SUPER STRICK
Hooks,Tx
Joined Feb 2007
526 Posts

You guys need to bring some generators. Last time I was there no power. Nice place to fly and a great club.
SUPER STRICK is offline Find More Posts by SUPER STRICK
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Find More Posts by Propstriker
Circle Flyin' Puts me to Sleep
United States, MS, Hernando
Joined Jan 2006
618 Posts

I have flown here during all the EAC events and always had a great time.....nice folks and great accomadations in the area.
See Ya'll at the end of June!!

-larry-
Propstriker is offline Find More Posts by Propstriker

Quick Reply