logo
This thread is privately moderated by flynz4me, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Find More Posts by flynz4me
Euro Pogo Stick Rider
Keizer, Oregon
Joined Dec 2006
3,361 Posts
Quote 03-04-2009

There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting.

J. G. Holland

Today I maidened one of the most labor intensive projects I've ever worked on. Unorthodox looking and since I'm from the North West, it is "Green". Made out of recycled wings from my late departed Aviation Models Yak and the tail from a 33% Ace Extra 230 it was strange looking to say the least, but that wasn't all... The fuse is diamond shaped looking at the front and of a fish profile from the side. The labors were minor compared to someone who builds kits, but for an ARF man I was overwhelmed yet very glad to learn all that I did. The awesome part was this guy I met through a friend, took me under his wing and walked me through all the major aspects or things he thought were valuable to building. Not only that but he housed the plane and allowed me to spend 2 weeks worth of nights in his build area, at his house, to get this plane in the air. Not to mention that at 74 years old he was jumping up and down off tables to get stuff out of storage for the build and pulling countless midnight build nights. I felt bad until he out worked and had to send my dragging butt home a few times!! Thanks Gary so much for all your help buddy!! I truely could not have done it without you! We got to see the fruits of our labor as it broke ground today and with a few alterations will be a fun plane to fly!!!
flynz4me is offline Find More Posts by flynz4me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
Awsome, thank you for sharing your story. some pics would be nice.<RutnBuc>
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message