logo
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2015, 03:31 AM
Super duke is offline
Find More Posts by Super duke
Registered User
Joined Feb 2015
68 Posts
Here a picture of the Bisson installed. I've only got 2 flight on the DA35 installed on an EF Extra 300 78". Very happy with the noise level of the muffler and it hasn't come loose.
Super duke is offline Find More Posts by Super duke
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Buck Tracker is offline
Find More Posts by Buck Tracker
Right On!
Buck Tracker's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Mar 2011
400 Posts
Very nice!
Buck Tracker is offline Find More Posts by Buck Tracker
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:20 PM
FoamieAirfarce is offline
Find More Posts by FoamieAirfarce
Registered User
FoamieAirfarce's Avatar
Joined Nov 2011
2,741 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm fitting a DA35 in a scale project; a P-39 Airacobra. It's a tricycle gear bird and the JTEC wrap around Pitts which I have interferes with the nose gear retract block. Darn.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to go with a standard style inverted side dump.

Does anyone know offhand if the DLE 30 or 35RA stock muff will work on this engine?

Thanks in advance for any infos!

<edit>

Answered my own question. JTEC makes a side dump for it.

Wondering why DA doesn't manufacture exhaust options for this engine? Odd.
FoamieAirfarce is offline Find More Posts by FoamieAirfarce
Last edited by FoamieAirfarce; 09-13-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:54 AM
airborne33 is offline
Find More Posts by airborne33
Romans 8:28
airborne33's Avatar
Freeport, Bahamas
Joined Aug 2008
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super duke View Post
Here a picture of the Bisson installed. I've only got 2 flight on the DA35 installed on an EF Extra 300 78". Very happy with the noise level of the muffler and it hasn't come loose.
How's the bisson pitts to date?
airborne33 is offline Find More Posts by airborne33
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:56 AM
jharkin is offline
Find More Posts by jharkin
Registered User
jharkin's Avatar
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Jul 2007
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamieAirfarce View Post
Hey guys,

I'm fitting a DA35 in a scale project; a P-39 Airacobra. It's a tricycle gear bird and the JTEC wrap around Pitts which I have interferes with the nose gear retract block. Darn.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to go with a standard style inverted side dump.

Does anyone know offhand if the DLE 30 or 35RA stock muff will work on this engine?

Thanks in advance for any infos!

<edit>

Answered my own question. JTEC makes a side dump for it.

Wondering why DA doesn't manufacture exhaust options for this engine? Odd.
I'm putting the 35 in a Dr.I triplane and also need a side muffler. I was going to reach out to Bisson and ask them if they can make one in the same pattern as the DA50 side mount they make. Should be quieter than the JTEC. If I get a positive response from them are you interested in one??
jharkin is offline Find More Posts by jharkin
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Super duke is offline
Find More Posts by Super duke
Registered User
Joined Feb 2015
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne33 View Post
How's the bisson pitts to date?
I found that with the bison installed the 35 was lacking power so I cut the tips off the pipes and this helped. I then tried a jetch and the power was better but it did come lose once. Then the engine died in a hover and that was the end of my EF 78" extra. I was looking at getting a DA60 but with mounts not being available I'm going to get a DLE61 for an EF 88" edge.
Super duke is offline Find More Posts by Super duke
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:00 PM
airborne33 is offline
Find More Posts by airborne33
Romans 8:28
airborne33's Avatar
Freeport, Bahamas
Joined Aug 2008
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Did youuke View Post
I found that with the bison installed the 35 was lacking power so I cut the tips off the pipes and this helped. I then tried a jetch and the power was better but it did come lose once. Then the engine died in a hover and that was the end of my EF 78" extra. I was looking at getting a DA60 but with mounts not being available I'm going to get a DLE61 for an EF 88" edge.
Wow, bummer....that sux
Did you figure out why the 35 died on you?
airborne33 is offline Find More Posts by airborne33
Last edited by airborne33; 11-11-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Super duke is offline
Find More Posts by Super duke
Registered User
Joined Feb 2015
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne33 View Post
Wow, bummer....that sux
Did you figure out why the 35 died on you?
I'm not sure why the engine stopped ignition unit was serial number 7XX I've not flown it again.
Super duke is offline Find More Posts by Super duke
Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10X DIY NiCad/NiMH to Lipoly!!!!!!!!!!! Bunky F. Knuckle Radios 6 10-03-2010 09:24 AM