Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > Radios
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #46
novemberalpha
Uber Contributor

11x zero first to be launched & is module based DSM2/DSMX/DSMJ/72 11x is the 2nd version without telemetry but with integrated module DSM2/DSMX/DSMJ depending on the region now XG11 latest & third version with DMSS only integrated module & telemetry + travel locks + life battery out of the box you can get the life battery upgrades for the other two but the travel lock cant be added.The 11x zero now has a module for DMSS which gives it the telemetry also On the programing front they are almost the same.
novemberalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #47
AWorrest
Super Contributor

The 11XZero not the same as the XG11 and is not sold by Hoizion. US buyers have to purchased it from an overseas dealer. The transmitter used a frequency module and was not an integraged 2.4 transmitter. Presently there are DMSS, DSM2, and SPCM modules for it The SPCM module may be available for 72MHz. There never was a DSMX module for it. The DMSS module supports telemetry.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 02-07-2013 at 03:14 AM.
AWorrest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #48
Tlisotta
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by TBone08
View Post
for the XG11, does it come with telemitery or do I need to get one for rpm, one for bat etc ?
It comes with the ability to monitor RX voltage. However, you have to buy accessories to monitor rpm, etc. in fact if running an electric and have a big battery like 6s - you need an adapter so you can measure real volts bc it is regulated through the RX
Tlisotta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #49
BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot

Send a message via AIM to BarracudaHockey

Thats a modular 11 for the other than north american market.

The 11 will do stuff the 12 wont like firmware updates and model storage. There's only a few things the 12 will do that the 11 wont and its a lot less expensive.
Florida Freestyle Aerobatics Association
FLY RC Magazine
BarracudaHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #50
novemberalpha
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by AWorrest
View Post
The 11XZero not the same as the XG11 and is not sold by Hoizion. US buyers have to purchased it from an overseas dealer. The transmitter used a frequency module and was not an integraged 2.4 transmitter. Presently there are DMSS, DSM2, and SPCM modules for it The SPCM module may be available for 72MHz. There never was a DSMX module for it. The DMSS module supports telemetry.

Allan
I might be wrong but I belive this is the module I was reffering to http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ID=JRPTXM1224X can be used with the zero.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #51
AWorrest
Super Contributor

While I donít have a 11XZero, I do own a 12XMV. Its modules have two connectors, each with fourteen pins, one on the top and one on the bottom. The 12XMV cannot use any another JR module, the pins on them are too large. And from the picture I recall seeing for the 11XZero module, its pin locations are different from the 12XMV module.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 02-07-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #52
wfield0455
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by jamesrxx951
View Post
The deal breaker for me was no snap rate modes. Almost all radios have separate snap rate and the 11X will trigger these rates based on stick position. Most stuff what i can see is similar but was not interested once i found out about this.
I had never tried the snap roll mode before so I really hadn't thought about it much. After you mentioned it I looked through the menus and it seems pretty interesting. I may have to set it up on one of my models and give it a try. Maybe they will add snap modes to the DX18 in a future upgrade...
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #53
novemberalpha
Uber Contributor

View Post
While I don’t have a 11XZero, I do own a 12XMV. Its modules have two connectors, each with fourteen pins, one on the top and one on the bottom. The 12XMV cannot use any another JR module, the pins on them are too large. And from the picture I recall seeing for the 11XZero module, its pin locations are different from the 12XMV module.

Allan
Here in asia the DMSS IS COMMON FOR THE 12X & 11X http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/pro...db_flg=eng_db1

Found the correct link showing the connector adaptation http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/pro...le/tg24xp.html

Last edited by novemberalpha; 02-07-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: link added
Old 02-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #54
AWorrest
Super Contributor

If there were available a picture of the rear of the DSMX module, we could put the subject to rest. If you could find one, which I haven’t, I would be willing to bet it lacks the corner connector the 11XZero requires. The DSM2 module for my 12XMV that I had converted to DSMX lacks it.

The 11XZero is not sold or supported by Horizon, the JR distributor in North America. The 11X and XG11 are.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 02-07-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #55
Bikman
█ █ █ █ █ █

View Post
If there were available a picture of the rear of the DSMX module
Bikman is online now   Reply With Quote