logo
Old 04-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
ckleanth,

My bet is that 3D planes were considered when this device was conceived, designed and created. Think about who the guys are who have created it and are bringing it to market. One of the guys is noted as the creator of 3D flying.
Ryan Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by dribbe
United States, FL, Venice
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Upgrades are also covered in the link...

As far as current... I assume the same as any other product in this category does. What is your intended use??
Hi,

Yes, for current, it is the same as any other product in the class.
It has quality connectors with strong power bus traces, our part will not be the limiter. It is just the limit of the servo connector and wire itself. I am sure you can find many threads discussing the 'rated' and 'practical' and 'real' limits of a quality servo connector. It is not really specific or unique to this product, it is the limit of the existing R/C system architecture.

For larger aircraft with multiple large servos, it would be recommended to use more than one connector inputting power to the power BUS (+/- of S1-S8, and port B). In the case you want to use all the available inputs/outputs, this (ex. second input) can be done with HD Y-harnesses.

Like ANY control system or Rx, or microprocessor device, it will require a good power supply for perfect operation (though our circuit will reboot fast in 3 axis modes).
It does have voltage regulators and a significant capacitor internally to handle any very short term noise or voltage fluctuation.

Thanks for your interest,
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Old 04-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendpilot View Post
"TELEMETRY PORT .... for future expansion"? does that mean the telemetry port is no-op currently?
. and what kind of sensors can/will it take - iow, will the sensors be a proprietary digital code that is necessary to purchase from potenza or something else?
of course, the next question is, "will the telemetry port be able to influence the aura unit, or will it just be a feedthru to the Rx"?
btw, i suppose "all mjor (Tx/Rx) brands" includes FrSky taranis?
At this time, we are not discussing the future use of the telemetry port, so it is fair if you want to consider it as not there at this time if you prefer. FWIW, It does function, and we are currently using it internally in testing for logging and data gathering. It is fair to say that we certainly do not have 'complete' long range plans for the TLM port, but it is certainly great to have it available, along with the straight forward USB update capability for future use!!! I don't think it is our plan to quickly put out a bunch of gadgets and sensors. We will use it for things we think are important... not a general purpose data platform if that helps!

Clearly it will require specific support for any added sensors, and no decision has been taken whether we use our own or support someone elses. Generally, this products position is not 'open source'.

We would like to support as many transmitters and systems as we are able to. That is our concept. While I would not consider Fr Sky as 'major'.... (like BIG 4 or something), we do support it today via 4 servo connector PWM input.
If they have a PPM stream source, We intend to support it.
If they have a SRXL or similar Serial data stream, it should not be difficult for us to support it (if it does not work already) in due course.

If we had access to the equipment, it would likely speed the process. We don't have any right now....

Best Regards,
David
Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Ok i wil ask the proper questions.
How does the unit handle servo current surge
How much will it go for sale
Why this unit and not a demon cortex or even open flight stab (cheapest option but you need some dyi skils and a very simple dyi power distribution board)
Current: See other post
Price: USD$79.99 introductory
Other question: I don't really understand the question.
For a DYI power distribution board, I am fine if you do a DYI Power board... It has been done for many years.
This product is 13g, and is appropriate for products from small to large. (it cannot do this as a power distribution system)

Granted, I fly a powersafe Rx in my larger jets, but have never owned or used any other power distribution system. Sure extremely large models have special considerations, and this product could be integrated into them, but it is out of the scope of this product to 'be' a power distribution system.

Best Regards,
David
Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
Joined Dec 2014
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Hi,

Yes, for current, it is the same as any other product in the class.
It has quality connectors with strong power bus traces, our part will not be the limiter. It is just the limit of the servo connector and wire itself. I am sure you can find many threads discussing the 'rated' and 'practical' and 'real' limits of a quality servo connector. It is not really specific or unique to this product, it is the limit of the existing R/C system architecture.

For larger aircraft with multiple large servos, it would be recommended to use more than one connector inputting power to the power BUS (+/- of S1-S8, and port B). In the case you want to use all the available inputs/outputs, this (ex. second input) can be done with HD Y-harnesses.

Like ANY control system or Rx, or microprocessor device, it will require a good power supply for perfect operation (though our circuit will reboot fast in 3 axis modes).
It does have voltage regulators and a significant capacitor internally to handle any very short term noise or voltage fluctuation.

David
David do you implement techniques to limit two (or more) servo start moving at the exact same time once a pulse to move the servo is received.
Will it handle 8v 40A through it using all the power bus? ( cancel that, i guess no from what you said above)
I assume that you have a cap on the gyro sensors frequency range so the device can be used in gassers. Does the device need any specific mounting of any kind?
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old 04-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Hey Guys,

Did some additional Aura 8 Testing in a Gasser today...
70cc DA.

Just a quick post of some phone vids to show a bit... Was a good day!!

Aura 8 Gasser Testing 1 (0 min 11 sec)

Aura 8 Gasser Testing 2 (0 min 6 sec)

Aura 8 Gasser Testing 3 (0 min 13 sec)

Will add a couple of pics below.

Best Regards,
David
Old 04-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Just a couple of pics of the quick test install in the test mule....
Nothing Pretty!!

This one just has a Futaba 8ch FHSS feeding S.BUS...

Aura is mounted with one layer of black 3M foam tape with a velcro strap.

Aura has the S.Bus and all servo ports full
Two straight Lipo's going in with Y-harnesses on ouput ports 7 and 8 (Choke and Ignition).
Other 6 output ports are: Throttle, L-Ail, R-Ail, L-Elev, R-Elev, and Rudd.

(Three Engine controls could go direct from Rx, but this install is also ready to go with 2 DSM Satellites, so we can swap radios fast.. and also test with it all 'loaded up')

For inputs (picked from S.bus data), we are using Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Flight Mode, Ignition, Choke, Master Gain (8)

This plane is currently very tail heavy, so the Aura really tames it down and improves it's tracking. Certainly takes my confidence up several levels...!
http://www.flexinnovations.com/index.../106-fpzaura08

David
Last edited by dribbe; 04-14-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,875 Posts
I'd love to get hold of one of these for some testing for our Fly RC readers, I've reviewed the IGyro and done two articles relating to gyro use in jets and other fw aircraft.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 04-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
I'd love to get hold of one of these for some testing for our Fly RC readers, I've reviewed the IGyro and done two articles relating to gyro use in jets and other fw aircraft.
Write us a note... support at flexinnovations.com and reference your name/thread
(along with real name )... we are looking at our options here...

David
Old 04-14-2015, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,875 Posts
Okie dokie.
Andy Griffith btw
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 04-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by N726AC
Seven.Four Liters
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
7,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Okie dokie.
Andy Griffith btw
Awe shucks, gollie geewiz!
N726AC is offline Find More Posts by N726AC
Old 04-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Put me on the list of your first customers!

when they are available, I'd love to purchase one asap.
I have a perfect 30% test bed for me to use
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 04-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38 View Post
Put me on the list of your first customers!

when they are available, I'd love to purchase one asap.
I have a perfect 30% test bed for me to use
Great!
Is Up at Falcon Hobby Supply and can be pre-ordered at the intro price!

http://www.falconhobbysupply.com/pro.../fpzaura08.htm

David
Last edited by dribbe; 04-14-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by Bipenut
United States, OK, Duncan
Joined May 2006
237 Posts
So now my interest is peaking in your product, I can run two DSMX (Spektrum) satellite receivers directly into your unit and that opens all ports on the gyro up to output and I could even use two battery input channels. Say I am going to use throttle, right aileron, right elevator, rudder, kill switch, left aileron, left elevator and power in that would work in that way or a combination with the controller. Am I understanding this correctly? If so where can I pre order mine?

last question answered as I was typing..
Bipenut is offline Find More Posts by Bipenut
Old 04-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Joined May 2007
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipenut View Post
So now my interest is peaking in your product, I can run two DSMX (Spektrum) satellite receivers directly into your unit and that opens all ports on the gyro up to output and I could even use two battery input channels. Say I am going to use throttle, right aileron, right elevator, rudder, kill switch, left aileron, left elevator and power in that would work in that way or a combination with the controller. Am I understanding this correctly? If so where can I pre order mine?

last question answered as I was typing..
I will say the answer is 'Yes'.
Your setup is basically very similar to the one we have above in Post #52. (but without servo controlled choke as I read it)

With two DSM satellites you can use the 'servo port B' (the one we are using for S.Bus) as a power input (the power bus is common... +/- S1-S8 and servo Port B (large connector)). For a second power input it looks like you would have one port open (like 8), But otherwise you could use a Y-harness on say your Kill.

All the 'servo' ports S1-S8 can be assigned as desired... (even in/out)
Of course we will post models online as they are available... such as the Green Extra, that you could reference, or start with.

For what its worth, the satellite (A&B) ports are regulated to support satellites at lower voltage.

Hope this helps!
David
www.flexinnovations.com
Last edited by dribbe; 04-14-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply