logo
Old 05-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by rmr24
Amarillo,TX
Joined Dec 2006
61 Posts
Sport Plus and Spektrum AR7000

I just purchased a ready-to-fly 30% Aeroworks Extra 260. It came with a Powersystem Sport Plus and 2 Fromeco Li-Ion batteries. Here is how I set it up with a Spektrum AR7000 receiver:

Powersystem Port/ Receiver Channel/ Control
A/ AUX1/ Power
B/ ELEV/ Right Elevator
C/ THRO/ Throttle
D/ RUD/ Rudder
E/ AUX2/ Ignition Kill
F/ GEAR/ Left Elevator
G/ AIL/ Right Aileron and Left Aileron
H

My questions are: Does anyone see a problem with this set-up? Is there a better way? Will I have redundant power with only one of the power leads plugged-in? It seems to work because I can switch off either of the batteries and still have power.

I would prefer to have each servo on its own channel but can’t see away to do this with a 7 channel receiver (6 servos + 1 (or 2?) power input(s) + 1 kill switch).

I could put both of the elevator servos on one channel, but I would have to get a programmer to switch the direction of one of them. I will probably need a programmer anyway and they cost about the same as a 9-channel receiver. (The servos are Hitec HS 5955TG).

This is new to me (I have only flown electric, biggest being 55") and I appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Mike Robbins
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Find More Posts by rmr24
Amarillo,TX
Joined Dec 2006
61 Posts
Re: Sport Plus and Spektrum AR7000

Duh....came to me while in the shower this morning. The 2 power leads also have a signal wire to drive a servo or switch, so you don't "lose" those channels. So really it's 6 servos + 1 kill switch = 7.

Mike Robbins
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old 05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Re: Sport Plus and Spektrum AR7000

Hi Mike,
I am glad you realized you had the other 2 channels available. I would use both the power leads and leave one of the single leads off. This way if anything were to ever happen to a power and ground on one lead (corroded pin, etc) then you would have the other power lead. Its advisable to periodically check power on both leads by unplugging one then the other. You don't have to do this very often but since there is no real indication one lead could be bad you should make sure both are good. Any time you have redundant leads on anything you should periodically check each one.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply