logo
Reply
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Triple Tree Aviator
WesSC's Avatar
United States, SC, Williamston
Joined Mar 2012
184 Posts
Discussion
TBM WRC Wike IBEF problems.

I run a TBM WRC Wike IBEF and I have problems with two of them now. Anybody else had a problem out of these?
WesSC is offline Find More Posts by WesSC
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM
stick banger
futile flight's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesSC View Post
I run a TBM WRC Wike IBEF and I have problems with two of them now. Anybody else had a problem out of these?

no new news here , i would give the tech aero one a try .. it's got a better track record
futile flight is offline Find More Posts by futile flight
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Wood Butcher
terryscustom's Avatar
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
6,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesSC View Post
I run a TBM WRC Wike IBEF and I have problems with two of them now. Anybody else had a problem out of these?
I had two of them, no problems at all after I tossed them in the garbage and bought tech aero

Not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously one of the Wike ones was DOA and the other one worked at first but after one flight the engine was running bad and the LED was flickering. Killed the engine and turned the switch back on....no LED. Flip the prop and the LED would flicker, then stop. Into the circular file they went (they were free with engine purchase so no $$ invested I was not going to spend time on them). That was 2-3 years ago, so not sure if they changed things up or not. I've had over a dozen Tech Aero on everything from 20cc to 120cc with no issues to date.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered User
Jaybird's Avatar
Jay Florida
Joined Jan 2006
3,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
I had two of them, no problems at all after I tossed them in the garbage and bought tech aero

Not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously one of the Wike ones was DOA and the other one worked at first but after one flight the engine was running bad and the LED was flickering. Killed the engine and turned the switch back on....no LED. Flip the prop and the LED would flicker, then stop. Into the circular file they went (they were free with engine purchase so no $$ invested I was not going to spend time on them). That was 2-3 years ago, so not sure if they changed things up or not. I've had over a dozen Tech Aero on everything from 20cc to 120cc with no issues to date.

Exact same think my Wike did. Tech Aero in 3 planes since then without a hitch.
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Uber Contributor
audi murf's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
I had two of them, no problems at all after I tossed them in the garbage and bought tech aero

Not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously one of the Wike ones was DOA and the other one worked at first but after one flight the engine was running bad and the LED was flickering. Killed the engine and turned the switch back on....no LED. Flip the prop and the LED would flicker, then stop. Into the circular file they went (they were free with engine purchase so no $$ invested I was not going to spend time on them). That was 2-3 years ago, so not sure if they changed things up or not. I've had over a dozen Tech Aero on everything from 20cc to 120cc with no issues to date.
This. I've had 2 WIKE's. Thankfully, they were so messed up I couldn't get the plane in the air with them on to fail.

Tech Aero for peace of mind.
audi murf is offline Find More Posts by audi murf
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Doo It! Doo It!
TBatt's Avatar
Joined Apr 2013
159 Posts

Tech-Aero. I've got three of them and they work!
TBatt is offline Find More Posts by TBatt
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
873 Posts

Dont know what you guys are doing different but my two have been working fine for over three years.
Glyder is offline Find More Posts by Glyder
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Registered User
Salinas California
Joined Feb 2007
96 Posts

also had a wike IBEF that was DOA, & another one that failed to shut off engine. Switched to the tech-aero & it's all good.
Chris Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Chris Johnson
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Flyin' Around
ExtraBig's Avatar
New Lenox, IL
Joined Jun 2006
44 Posts

Hundreds of flights on 3 Wike units and never a hiccup. Go figure.
ExtraBig is offline Find More Posts by ExtraBig
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered User
Capt. Roll's Avatar
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Oct 2011
944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyder View Post
Dont know what you guys are doing different but my two have been working fine for over three years.
Same. I have one in service for two years and two in service for over 1 year each. No one problem with any of them.

I do try to keep a close eye on them for any signs of trouble. They will be replace with a Tech-Aero unit when the need comes up.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Cruzin The "Blood Moon"
Barn-E-Stormer's Avatar
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Jan 2008
992 Posts

Two WIKES, one still working the other stuck "ON". Would not turn the motor off.

I now use the Tech Aero (same unit sold by Syssa) and no problems.
Barn-E-Stormer is offline Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Triple Tree Aviator
WesSC's Avatar
United States, SC, Williamston
Joined Mar 2012
184 Posts

Tech Aero's on the way. Thanks for the input guys.
WesSC is offline Find More Posts by WesSC
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Registered User
Capt. Roll's Avatar
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Oct 2011
944 Posts

Was flying this past weekend and the Wike IBEF in my 50cc started acting up. After landing the unit would not turn off the ignition when I toggled the kill switch on my TX. After turning the main power off/on it worked fine for rest of the day.

Just ordered two Tech-Aero units...........not taking a chance with the Wike now that it has started to operate incorrectly. Will also replace the Wike unit that's in my 100cc Yak.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Know God,no fear!
Siko_Flyer's Avatar
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
Was flying this past weekend and the Wike IBEF in my 50cc started acting up. After landing the unit would not turn off the ignition when I toggled the kill switch on my TX. After turning the main power off/on it worked fine for rest of the day.

Just ordered two Tech-Aero units...........not taking a chance with the Wike now that it has started to operate incorrectly. Will also replace the Wike unit that's in my 100cc Yak.
Good call Rex.On another note,my club will be having a charity fly in in December in Mineola Tx, hope you and Ray can make it.
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:49 AM
Flyin' Around
Joined Dec 2013
25 Posts

I also have a problem..
supernova11 is offline Find More Posts by supernova11
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools