logo
Reply
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Romans 8:28
airborne33's Avatar
Freeport, Bahamas
Joined Aug 2008
277 Posts

Pitts http://www.jtecrc.com/dawraparound.htm

Canister http://www.planebenderproducts.com/page1/index.html
airborne33 is offline Find More Posts by airborne33
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Romans 8:28
airborne33's Avatar
Freeport, Bahamas
Joined Aug 2008
277 Posts

Finally found a video
airborne33 is offline Find More Posts by airborne33
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2015
1 Posts

I have a problem in fixation of 3w 342 ib2 ts engine with the test stand do any one have an idea how can fix it
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:06 AM
Registered User
orthobird's Avatar
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
3,657 Posts

You are in the wrong thread. This thread is about DA 35 and 70. You are posting a question on a 3W 342. Go search for a thread with this motor, and post a question on there. IF you cannot find it, then start your own thread under gas motors.
orthobird is offline Find More Posts by orthobird
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2006
4,301 Posts

For the DA35, anyone know what header length and pipe combo for it yet ?
gapple12 is online now Find More Posts by gapple12
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Registered User
wingburner's Avatar
Beaverlodge AB. Canada
Joined Jan 2006
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
For the DA35, anyone know what header length and pipe combo for it yet ?
Only one I know of so far is 8.5" header on a Smooth Pipe. Absolutely wicked.
wingburner is online now Find More Posts by wingburner
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2006
48 Posts

I'm surprised that all the top rated airframe manufacturers are still producing 72" - 75" airframes. Seems like 78"- 80" would become more common with all of the 35 and 40cc offerings. Is a DA35 not capable of hauling an airframe of that size? Seems to do pretty well on the EF 76"/78"83" or is it barely adequate?
ciressarg is offline Find More Posts by ciressarg
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:28 PM
I've got gas.
madinpensacola's Avatar
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2014
465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciressarg View Post
I'm surprised that all the top rated airframe manufacturers are still producing 72" - 75" airframes. Seems like 78"- 80" would become more common with all of the 35 and 40cc offerings. Is a DA35 not capable of hauling an airframe of that size? Seems to do pretty well on the EF 76"/78"83" or is it barely adequate?
Way more than adequate. Mine (DA35) is on an ES Composites tuned pipe and is a rocket.
madinpensacola is online now Find More Posts by madinpensacola
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Registered User
Low_Cal's Avatar
South Weber, Utah
Joined Dec 2009
2,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciressarg View Post
I'm surprised that all the top rated airframe manufacturers are still producing 72" - 75" airframes. Seems like 78"- 80" would become more common with all of the 35 and 40cc offerings. Is a DA35 not capable of hauling an airframe of that size? Seems to do pretty well on the EF 76"/78"83" or is it barely adequate?
I think a lot of those airframes were developed a few years ago when 30cc engines were the norm. They still work well with the 35 too; I have a 71" Slick with the DA-35 and love it.
Low_Cal is offline Find More Posts by Low_Cal
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Registered User
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2006
48 Posts

Well hopefully we will see some new airframes in the 80" range. I have the EF 78" but its electric. I really like this size, easy to transport and assemble, but still has giant scale feel. I'd been hoping for a 80" 3DH Slick for years, but I read somewhere that the Slick is going away. Oh well out with the old in with the new. It's going to be tough to top that one though. Maybe they will still have a Slick and just not call it an AJ.
ciressarg is offline Find More Posts by ciressarg
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Romans 8:28
airborne33's Avatar
Freeport, Bahamas
Joined Aug 2008
277 Posts

I would like to see more footage of the DA 35 in action :-)
airborne33 is offline Find More Posts by airborne33
Last edited by airborne33; 03-21-2015 at 05:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:32 PM
CAP 232'S AND COLT 44'S
cap23244's Avatar
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Jan 2011
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciressarg View Post
I'm surprised that all the top rated airframe manufacturers are still producing 72" - 75" airframes. Seems like 78"- 80" would become more common with all of the 35 and 40cc offerings. Is a DA35 not capable of hauling an airframe of that size? Seems to do pretty well on the EF 76"/78"83" or is it barely adequate?
72-75" is just the right size airframe for a 35cc. the more the wing span generally means added weight to the plane and needing a bigger Eng. to get same performance.
same seems to be the same with 50cc planes going from 87" to 89 now 91 to 93" span.
you end up having to go to a bigger engine.
cap23244 is offline Find More Posts by cap23244
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Registered User
Low_Cal's Avatar
South Weber, Utah
Joined Dec 2009
2,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap23244 View Post
72-75" is just the right size airframe for a 35cc. the more the wing span generally means added weight to the plane and needing a bigger Eng. to get same performance.
same seems to be the same with 50cc planes going from 87" to 89 now 91 to 93" span.
you end up having to go to a bigger engine.
+1
Pretty soon the 50cc planes will be up to a 96" span, but you will need a 75 to 85 cc motor - wait, that was done 20 years ago, they called it a 33% plane or 1/3 scale!
Low_Cal is offline Find More Posts by Low_Cal
Last edited by Low_Cal; 03-21-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:04 AM
Registered User
Low_Cal's Avatar
South Weber, Utah
Joined Dec 2009
2,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciressarg View Post
Well hopefully we will see some new airframes in the 80" range. I have the EF 78" but its electric. I really like this size, easy to transport and assemble, but still has giant scale feel. I'd been hoping for a 80" 3DH Slick for years, but I read somewhere that the Slick is going away. Oh well out with the old in with the new. It's going to be tough to top that one though. Maybe they will still have a Slick and just not call it an AJ.
The 3dhs Slicks are not going away; word is more 104's are being built now and will soon be available.
Low_Cal is offline Find More Posts by Low_Cal
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10X DIY NiCad/NiMH to Lipoly!!!!!!!!!!! Bunky F. Knuckle Radios 6 10-03-2010 09:24 AM