Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by dunny
Grass Grower Extrodinare
United States, CA, Stanford
Joined Aug 2006
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiePeels View Post
I dont know Steve, I kind of agree with Itawa, yes some people have an objective opinion but some people are just to bitter and twisted for Mike to deal with. I feel for anyone who has bought Hitec servos, and they have failed but at the end of the day you just have to move on, whats the point, it is but a little toy servo.
Here is the root of the problem in your terms- a little toy servo that people paid their hard earned money to buy that is not performing as advertised for some users.
dunny is offline Find More Posts by dunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Todd View Post
It's funny, several of us, including myself, posted about the issues that many of us have, without taking it to a personal level.... Yet Mike will not answer.

I was seriously hoping that we could resume talking about the real issues, so that all of us that have been waiting for a solution for two years, would have it.
It's all been said a hundred times over and I don't think there is anything left to talk about. I can't recall anything useful being said in this thread for a long time. At this point Mike has said that Hitec is moving forward with the firmware upgrade so until they are convinced that it doesn't solve the problem they aren't going to take any further action.

If you need information from Mike I'd suggest you send him a PM and I'm sure he'll answer but it seems he's done following this thread and I can't say as I blame him.

I think we are at the point that we need to decide whether to try the upgrade, implement Rachel's solution as a DIY project or simply chuck the things and move on.
wfield0455 is online now Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by IwataAir
Joined Oct 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunny View Post
Here is the root of the problem in your terms- a little toy servo that people paid their hard earned money to buy that is not performing as advertised for some users.
Yes but here is the root of the problem in your terms, that little toy servo that people paid their hard earned money to buy does not hurt them in any way, it is not like it is a pace maker, limb augmentation or a breast implant. Life goes on, what is the point of high blood pressure and anger for the sake of a little toy servo.

The problem is the cheap chinese crap out there which has watered down the good products. Secondly, it is not like anyone bought Hitec servos because they were the best, they bought them because they are cheap, what did they expect, sometimes buying cheap burns you.
IwataAir is offline Find More Posts by IwataAir
Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
436 Posts
What I would do is purchase a ticket to either Hitecs head quaters or Mikes place, I would drive a hire care there and once there I would lay a nice big turd on the porch. This is actually less childish then the banter in here!! plus it would make me feel much better, all anger (and crap) purged!!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwataAir View Post
Secondly, it is not like anyone bought Hitec servos because they were the best, they bought them because they are cheap, what did they expect, sometimes buying cheap burns you.

Not exactly.
Many ppl on here first buy what comes most recommended by their peers because they either lack the confidence or knowledge or both to investigate for themselves. Other reasons are down to pure loyalty for a product which i find laughable. The price banding just so happened to be a lucrative bonus too. JR where more expensive and still are, had its following and then the early gear wear highlighted and in some cases exaggerated took care of clearing the room. There's still a common stigma associated with this brand despite the newer versions using different materials.

Was only recently one bad report of MKS servos burning out at 6.6v caused a minor wave of concern for those that had jumped ship from Hitec. Savox and Sectrum are now the flavor of the month until reports prove otherwise.

I started using Savox over 3 years ago, prolly longer than anyone here or at least anyone from the US and have made my decision they are perfect for me so whomever says otherwise is talking to themselves as far as I'm concerned. Thats the difference between someone taking their chances on a product and seeing how it goes as oppossed to those following the popular choice and realizing it isn't all it was claimed to be. Soon as more start doing this we'll have a broader spectrum of info on many products instead of a narrow view on a few items and everyone will be better informed to make their choices. I can count over 10 items from engines , planes to radios that have come highly recommended on forums and I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiePeels View Post
I dont know Steve, I kind of agree with Itawa, yes some people have an objective opinion but some people are just to bitter and twisted for Mike to deal with. I feel for anyone who has bought Hitec servos, and they have failed but at the end of the day you just have to move on, whats the point, it is but a little toy servo.
It is but a little toy servo...........hmmm, im not a 7950 guy but i have in total......roughly 50 of the 7955's. at around 100 bucks a piece, that works out to be 5000 dollars. Kinda hard to classify it as a "TOY SERVO" problem when that much cash is involved.

Only a few of my servos have exhibited the problems discussed here. The main issue i have is whether or not to trust my servos on a 10000 dollar plane. its not worth it for me to use them and rish losing a plane. i just want to have some confidence that this issue is being addressed and not brushed aside and ignored. ive lost confidence in my servos, and ive been a hitec servo buyer for quite a long time.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Old 02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Quote:
The problem is the cheap chinese crap out there which has watered down the good products. Secondly, it is not like anyone bought Hitec servos because they were the best, they bought them because they are cheap, what did they expect, sometimes buying cheap burns you.
#1 Hitec is manufactured in the Philippines.
#2 I(and others) bought Hitec because they are the best. (Programming, Ti gears, unreg LiPo ready)

None of my 7955's, 7950's, or 7980's have had these problems to date. If they do, I want Hitec to stand behind them. This issue has been known for two years.
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
It is but a little toy servo...........hmmm, im not a 7950 guy but i have in total......roughly 50 of the 7955's. at around 100 bucks a piece, that works out to be 5000 dollars. Kinda hard to classify it as a "TOY SERVO" problem when that much cash is involved.

Only a few of my servos have exhibited the problems discussed here. The main issue i have is whether or not to trust my servos on a 10000 dollar plane. its not worth it for me to use them and rish losing a plane. i just want to have some confidence that this issue is being addressed and not brushed aside and ignored. ive lost confidence in my servos, and ive been a hitec servo buyer for quite a long time.
Some people spend more on toys than others!! 50 toy figurines are still 50 toy figurines!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Some people spend more on toys than others!! 50 toy figurines are still 50 toy figurines!!!

at what point do things not become toys?
jamesrxx951 is online now Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
I wish DA would make servos
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Old 02-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Your OTHER Left
Denver, CO
Joined Apr 2008
393 Posts
........and at what point does the consumer no longer have a right to a rational product with rational product support just because the funds spent were discretionary? Toys or not, real money was spent, consumers were financially harmed, Hitecs reputation and ultimately its bottom line will be affected which means those invested in the business are also harmed.

The product may be a toy. It's impact on the economy is quite real.
Steve Graham is offline Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Yes, you are correct......but 50 100 dollar toy figurines that dont work as described is a bigger deal.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.W. Corrigan View Post
........and at what point does the consumer no longer have a right to a rational product with rational product support just because the funds spent were discretionary? Toys or not, real money was spent, consumers were financially harmed, Hitecs reputation and ultimately its bottom line will be affected which means those invested in the business are also harmed.

The product may be a toy. It's impact on the economy is quite real.
I think the point is toy or no toy, nothing gives any adult or individual the right to carry on like a child, that is the problem Mike faces. Certain posts in this forum have gone far beyond any helpful or subjective criticism. It is tough these days to know who is telling the truth and who is just stirring the pot, the critique of some of these servos is just ludicrous and in some cases some people are blatantly lying. I do not really blame these people they spend their hard earns and when they fail they get blinkers to reality, they see any little thing as a fault, it is human nature I suppose and occurs when your blood boils with anger.

My problem and I am a firm believer that certain companies just troll sites like these to lower the opinion of the opposition's product. If it is not the companies it is definitely people who are so attracted to their own product that they troll other products just for a reaction. You have to be very careful who you listen to and make up your own mind about what is constructive criticism and what is just blatant sensationalism.
EddiePeels is offline Find More Posts by EddiePeels
Last edited by EddiePeels; 02-16-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Quote:
I think Mike has tried but the children clutter the thread with nonsense, I think the nail was hit on the head with the statement that Mike is damned if he does and damned if he dont. I would not bother entertaining trolls in an open forum.
Alot of people on here have tried speaking to mike and asking questions on what was going on the only reply we all got was what he was told to say by his bosses at HITEC, If you spent $4k on a plane that crashed due to having faulty servos only to be told by the spokesperson of the servo company that the $140 au servos fitted in the plane were not faulty the jitter is just normal. I can assure you that you would be p****ed of too.
Too many people have had problems with these servos for it not to just be an isolated case,
Maybe if the checked all the other rc forums with threads about these servos you would realise there are alot more unhappy people than you think. There are also the people out there that have had problems with these servos but never talked about it on the forums just binned them and most that i know of replaced them with futaba's
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Old 02-16-2012, 04:20 AM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Yes but here is the root of the problem in your terms, that little toy servo that people paid their hard earned money to buy does not hurt them in any way, it is not like it is a pace maker, limb augmentation or a breast implant. Life goes on, what is the point of high blood pressure and anger for the sake of a little toy servo.

They may be cheap over there in the states but here in australia they are almost on par with the equvelent jr or futaba, When i purchased mine the shop i got them from only stocked hitec and didn't stock jr or futaba servos that's why i got them.
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer

Quick Reply