logo
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by hobbyflyer520
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined May 2009
65 Posts
I feel the same as you do. Updated once, haven't updated since. Have pretty close to 100+ flights, and so far so good!! Flying my ZDZ Super 80, a 30cc'er and a couple of slimers with it.
hobbyflyer520 is offline Find More Posts by hobbyflyer520
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Hey Mike (or anyone else with dual 2.4 RX experience),

I'll be running dual Optima 9's in my new 35% bird (please don't ask why as I have many reasons for doing so haha, and have spare O9's). I'm wondering if you have a preference/recommendation for binding protocol of dual RX's? I haven't tried it yet, but should I bind one first, power down, then bind the other RX? Or should I get a helper and bind both RX's at the same moment (or is this possible)?

I'm just not sure how the unique SSID will authenticate with the TX, or how the binding protocol is even defined in this radio. Or maybe it doesn't even matter, and I'll just try both ways and see which works.

Thanks!
Travis
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Joined May 2009
65 Posts
Hey Eganwp, I am currently running dual Optimas in my 33% Lanier Extra. I bound to one, turned everything off, then bound the other one. Havent had any issues, and been flying this way for about 8 months now. I have my plane "split" down the middle so to speak, with one Rx controlling the left side of the plane, and the other controlling the right. Each Rx has its own battery and switch. When I turn on the plane to fly, I alternate between left/right switch to get battery telemetry. I think the telemetry only works with the first battery turned on, so by alternating which one I turn on, I can get an idea on how the batts are doing. Hope this helps.......
Old 02-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Hi Hobbyflyer,

Thank you very much for the information. That helps tremendously and saves me time having to test it.

I figured that the telemetry would only kick in off whichever RX the sensor station is conncected. However upon thinking about this, I'm guessing you're referring to the built in battery telemetry which does make sense, being whichever was turned on first.

I'll be running the fromeco Wolverine dual failsafe switch which has batt share and outputs one or both packs power to both leads. Thus my rx's will always be sharing battery power. I know it'll give me less telemetry warning time for low voltage this way, but it should be okay if I set it at 5.9 or so.

Thanks again for the info!
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyflyer520 View Post
Hey Eganwp, I am currently running dual Optimas in my 33% Lanier Extra. I bound to one, turned everything off, then bound the other one. Havent had any issues, and been flying this way for about 8 months now. I have my plane "split" down the middle so to speak, with one Rx controlling the left side of the plane, and the other controlling the right. Each Rx has its own battery and switch. When I turn on the plane to fly, I alternate between left/right switch to get battery telemetry. I think the telemetry only works with the first battery turned on, so by alternating which one I turn on, I can get an idea on how the batts are doing. Hope this helps.......
I tried to do this once,and had an A123 battery on one rx and a nimh on the other.Was not going to fly it that way,just what I had on hand for the setup.My telemetry on the battery kept "jumping" back and forth between the A123 and the nimh.The way I know is because the nimh was not at full charge,the radio would beep then not beep.I looked at the screen and saw the rx voltage swinging from 6.6v to 5.0v(it was a 4.8v pack).
Jeff Sikes
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by bss_flyinggiants
Joined Mar 2009
168 Posts
Alright guys I'm back to this thread. I have A9 and O9 from the initial batches (1.06 or 07?) never updated the FW. Last weekend I had a small event with my 50cc gasser. I was circle flying my new dle55 on EG MXS-R and I must admit that plan was bit high and away but not so much far away, and I think I lost the signal to rx. For a moment the plane didn't respond and after a second or two I got the control back and noticed that it was dead stick. I was flying around 1/2 throttle before deadstick.
Managed to land with minimum damage...just the broken wing tip. I remember I had set failsafe to engine kill (idiot me) and that was the reason to dead stick. my setup is - ultra IBEC, 1 2sA123 ( dual lead power input to rx through switch and deans end in battery). 2 x7955, 3x7954sh and 7965mg on throttle.
I couldn't go through all the posts here but I got that latest FW should take care of the issue. My question is - is HPP-22 all I need to buy to upgrade a9/o9? I have windows 7 in my laptop (if that matters). Thanks.
bss_flyinggiants is offline Find More Posts by bss_flyinggiants
Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bss_flyinggiants View Post
Alright guys I'm back to this thread. I have A9 and O9 from the initial batches (1.06 or 07?) never updated the FW. Last weekend I had a small event with my 50cc gasser. I was circle flying my new dle55 on EG MXS-R and I must admit that plan was bit high and away but not so much far away, and I think I lost the signal to rx. For a moment the plane didn't respond and after a second or two I got the control back and noticed that it was dead stick. I was flying around 1/2 throttle before deadstick.
Managed to land with minimum damage...just the broken wing tip. I remember I had set failsafe to engine kill (idiot me) and that was the reason to dead stick. my setup is - ultra IBEC, 1 2sA123 ( dual lead power input to rx through switch and deans end in battery). 2 x7955, 3x7954sh and 7965mg on throttle.
I couldn't go through all the posts here but I got that latest FW should take care of the issue. My question is - is HPP-22 all I need to buy to upgrade a9/o9? I have windows 7 in my laptop (if that matters). Thanks.
You will also need the correct USB cable.
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
New Zealand
Joined Oct 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bss_flyinggiants View Post
Yes, please refer to
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use (with screenshots).
extract, in case of any issue:
"7. HPP-21/22 W7 & Vista Issue - "User control rights is what you want to uncheck in Vista. W7 has a similar feature for those using that OS that needs to be turned off (uncheck the box). " = control panel > user accounts > change user account control settings. as per MS Windows Vista/7 Turn User Account Control on or off - MS FAQ instruction page - see screenshot below.
Windows 7 64bit - user account control set on the second setting from the bottom.
i.e. "turn off user account control in Vista and turn it down in W7 "

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features

- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Joined May 2009
65 Posts
Yeah Eganwp, sorry for not being clear on that. Yes, I was reffering to the battery telemetry. I was going to go with the wolverine switch myself, but opted for 3 badger switches instead. (2 for Rx's, 1 for ign) The wolverine wouldnt fit where I wanted to mount it. Either way, glad I could help out! Hope its an uneventful maiden!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by skyrock
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
New HTS-SS and sensors

There are some news for the Hitec telemetry system.

We will get :

- a new HTS-SS Advance
- a new HTS-AS impact pressure speed sensor
- a new HTS-VM = variometer
- a new HTS-SM servomanager to measure the electric current of up to 4 servos

Due date ist August 2012. The actual due date for the HTS-iView for visualization of telemetry data on an iPad, iPod or iPhone is now March 2012.

Ok, so I believe everything will be ready for the flight season 2013.

And what about a new voltage sensor which overcomes the deficiencies of the actual one ???

And where is the new software for the HPP-22 to program my HTS-Voice ? (due date was January 2012)

Is the new version also postponed to 2013 and how do pilots then use their HTS-Voice in the flight season 2012?

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
United States, MA, Burlington
Joined Nov 2009
452 Posts
Once upon a time Hitec were so far ahead of the game with the introduction of a telemetry capable radio, but now not only the other manufacturers are catching up, but they are actually releasing new sensors and gadgets (that actually work) almost daily, while Hitec takes their sweet time and at the end deliver a mediocre product... While 2013 is a reasonable guestimate based on their previous track record, I really think they should step up their game if they want to survive in the telemetry war
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by SmokinKat
Fly it like it's STOL'n
Oceanside California
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
And where is the new software for the HPP-22 to program my HTS-Voice ? (due date was January 2012)

Is the new version also postponed to 2013 and how do pilots then use their HTS-Voice in the flight season 2012?

Juergen
When did you get yours? Ive been on the waiting list at Tower since April 2011!!!
SmokinKat is offline Find More Posts by SmokinKat
Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
New Zealand
Joined Oct 2008
302 Posts
HTS-Voice - Voice Announcing System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinKat View Post
When did you get yours? Ive been on the waiting list at Tower since April 2011
Telemetry - HTS-Voice Voice Announcing System.

Update
"Note that Hitec USA has not released the Voice system to the market
but plan to start shipping them shortly as the new V1.12 software is now complete.
. finally! Here's a couple screen shots: - Mike".

{New V1.12 relates to HPP-22, not to the A9}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
Can I say "rolling harrier" into it and my plane will do perfect rolling harriers on the deck?If not,don't think I need that
Jeff Sikes
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 02-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Find More Posts by jonkoppisch
United States, AL, Semmes
Joined Jan 2006
810 Posts
It looks like spektrum might put the hurt on everyone with their new low priced 18 channel. Point being, I wish hitec would have pursued the channel and receiver upgrade like futaba did..
jonkoppisch is offline Find More Posts by jonkoppisch

Quick Reply