Old 04-20-2013, 04:53 AM
Find More Posts by Raflex
Greece
Joined Mar 2013
57 Posts
Discussion
propeller suggestion

Hi everyone,

I have convert my Hangar 9 Extra 260 27% from glow to electric running with 10s and 230Kv motor giving me with 22x8 Graupner wooden prop 10.5 kg of static thrust on 2750 watts.
My question is , if i change my propeller with 22x8 APC would i see any difference sinse my Graupner wooden propeller is from glow?

Is any noticable difference from Glow wooden prop to Electric wooden propeller??

Thanks in advance.

Alexandros
Raflex is offline Find More Posts by Raflex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by rcpilotacro
Fly Hard ! Fly Low ! Fly 3D
Joined Feb 2013
157 Posts
Raflex i have swapped them, I did see lil reduction in thrust, not significant though. CTM (Centrifugal Twisting Moment) tends to fine the pitch (More applicable for non wooden prop) and this change in pitch reduces thrust for the same RPM, however at WOT (Or for that matter in any throttle setting) this reduced pitch increases RPM and somewhat compensates for the reduced thrust due to reduced pitch.

There is also another question, which is, what is the optimum prop for your setup (in terms of pitch especially) ? at that pitch she will perform the best, i hope i came across loud and clear. If not i can go on ...
rcpilotacro is offline Find More Posts by rcpilotacro
Old 04-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Find More Posts by Raflex
Greece
Joined Mar 2013
57 Posts
Thank you very much for your reply , I will fly as it is first week of May and then I see how she perform .
Raflex is offline Find More Posts by Raflex

Quick Reply