logo
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,961 Posts
so what will happen, will the US dealers just wallk away from this line.people will buy from HK and maybe here in the states.
can't the US dealers sell them and compete with HK and still make a profit?
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by PropsnWings
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
so what will happen, will the US dealers just wallk away from this line.people will buy from HK and maybe here in the states.
can't the US dealers sell them and compete with HK and still make a profit?
I'd doubt any meaningful profit could be made. Just on the JC30 I selected on HK's site, was offered to me at $223.00 , and thats quite a mark down from what I paid for mine.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by vacaman
Santiago, Chile
Joined Dec 2007
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha20 View Post
Thats not all. I just don`t like being lied to. No more Hobbysh**.

Geir Kastmo, Jul 30 07:41 (HKT):
Hi
A couple of days ago I bought a JC 120cc EVO engine from Hobbyking. Order
number 2004949376.
This evening I took another look at the engine on your website, and an
offer popped up, now offering me the engine for 30 USD less!
Why did I not get that offer the first time, as a returning customer? I
find this a bit unfair, and strange if you sell these engines with 2
different prices depending on when the customer is logged in to the website.
How can this be fixed? I would still like to come back as a customer,
but not if I have to pay a price that is completely coincidetial.
Regards,
--
Geir Kastmo

Matthew, Jul 30 08:18 (HKT):
Hi Geir Kastmo ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

This price can change from week to week. I'm sorry if the price you paid was more. however the cost price of the components has come down recently. We are unable to offer any discount because the price we paid for the components was previously higher.

Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team

Geir Kastmo, Aug 01 02:36 (HKT):
Nothing to do with cost price. Tried again today, and after 10-15 minutes
on the web page a new offer on the same item popped up. So, if i order
right away - full price. Stay on the page for 10-15 minutes - reduced price.
Nevermind, I`ll just go somewhere else the next time.

Geir

Matthew, Aug 01 09:38 (HKT):
Hi Geir Kastmo ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.
We are sorry to learn your bad experience on our product price. We are kindly to inform you one time offer is depend on our system, it is special price for customer, it may quit different price with customer add items by themselves.
Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day!

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team
So now you know what wil be their answer if you need warranty backup.
vacaman is offline Find More Posts by vacaman
Old 08-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by rick dazzler
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Just speaking from experience a small USA business in this industry has a small margain on these engines.. To bend over back-wards and give the utmost support on an engine the small profit margain made some times will be lucky to just pay our cost on the product.. This business is a niche-small market and only one who survies is the one who supports his customer base. Now that hobby king has them at this price there is NO WAY a company can do this. Thats not counting on all the calls from Hobby King customers wanting parts or service on a jc evo.. This just nailed the casket. Such a shame as I have done a lot of testing on engines for justin. I love my 120 still.. Jut a shame as kevin was on the right track for once...............
rick dazzler is offline Find More Posts by rick dazzler
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 AM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick dazzler View Post
Just speaking from experience a small USA business in this industry has a small margain on these engines.. To bend over back-wards and give the utmost support on an engine the small profit margain made some times will be lucky to just pay our cost on the product.. This business is a niche-small market and only one who survies is the one who supports his customer base. Now that hobby king has them at this price there is NO WAY a company can do this. Thats not counting on all the calls from Hobby King customers wanting parts or service on a jc evo.. This just nailed the casket. Such a shame as I have done a lot of testing on engines for justin. I love my 120 still.. Jut a shame as kevin was on the right track for once...............
I wish I had the skills, time and resources.... I would offer service (at a reasonable fee) for them just to get on the "wagon" and make a buck or two. They are great engines ( I have the 30 and 60) and its sad to think this will be the demise of them.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by Tseres
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
I learned this lesson 2 years ago. I still have the trade in 30 in the box and support Milton. I even like the performance and the looks of the JC line. I just don't like Kevin. I'm willing to pay Twice The Amount for a DA and never have to go through this.
My hart goes out to you Milton. You're a Good Guy.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick dazzler View Post
.... I love my 120 still.. Jut a shame as kevin was on the right track for once...............
Kevin has never been on the "right" track. He'd worn out his welcome in the US market at least twice before you and Justin got involved with him. He found gullible, naive people, again, and told them what they wanted to hear, he is a master at this. You two ignored warnings about what would happen and dove in, I have no sympathy for anyone but the end user.

It doesn't matter if the JC line are good running, reliable, good looking, affordable, whatever. After a short period of time, if you don't sell engines as fast as Kevin can produce them, he cuts your throat. By this time, he doesn't care if the customer can get service when needed, all he cares about is the huge stock pile of parts he has on hand to build engines that needs to be liquidated before Chinese engine mafia comes knocking on his door. Kevin is all about Kevin and Kevin's bank account, he has no passion for the hobby or any of the people in it.

This will all repeat itself again in the future with new gullible and naive people.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by DadsToysBG
Bowling Green, Ky
Joined Mar 2006
728 Posts
Some of you guys don't get the point. If it is warranty the customer wants it free, and he should. You can't offer repair for a fee in that case. And if you didn't sell it you can't fix it for free. Also helping people with problems when it was bought else there is no profit.
If i sell something that needed repair I call the company and get the parts, but fix it free only because it brings back the customer again to buy more.
Kevin wanted me to sell the engines. Now their for sale less then what he quoted me. What would i do now?
I talked to Jody about this and I'm thankful I listened.
The line of engines I sell are based in the US and Matio is not out to cut my throat, but it would be nice if he offered a bigger engine. Dennis
DadsToysBG is online now Find More Posts by DadsToysBG
Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 AM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
I'm just bummed I was gullible and naive when I bought my 30 and 60. Next time I will listen more closely to my instincts. At this point, I may not ever mount the 60 and sell it to get something more easily serviced. Too bad I have already mounted my 30 or I would do the same with it. They will probably last me a long time, but at this point who knows if parts will be available if ever needed? At least had I listened to my instincts, I would have purchased something that parts are more than abundant for currently.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
As long as US dealers continue to buy engines from Kevin, they'll be able to provide service parts. When they stop buying engines, that's when the US supply of parts will start to dry up, Kevin stops selling parts to those that stop selling the complete engines. Parts will still be available but you'll have to go to China to get them.

Kevin's MO has been well established in the past.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Old 08-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by FGMember
GTA, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
623 Posts
I don't know who is right or wrong. but HK sales all the parts for engines they sell. so jc parts must be available soon. I am trying not to buy from hk anymore. but ....!!
FGMember is offline Find More Posts by FGMember
Old 08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by DadsToysBG
Bowling Green, Ky
Joined Mar 2006
728 Posts
Several companies have learned what it takes to keep customers happy. the biggest is DA. I've see them fix a engine for free that have had several owners. Another is DLE. they haven't tried to smother their dealers with overseas websites to the point that no one here can sell them. 3-w is another company that is in the US and parts can be had easily.
Lastly is SE in Florida. An example of his service is a guy that planted his engine in the dirt. He offered to fix the engine, parts only and he sends the customer a video of the repair and the engine running. The customer wanted to do it himself and the parts were in my store in three days. Dennis
DadsToysBG is online now Find More Posts by DadsToysBG
Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by vacaman
Santiago, Chile
Joined Dec 2007
277 Posts
At least, I have been able to get parts to service my engines and the ones that I sold. Just a couple of crank pin bearings failures. But what Jody told is the truth, Kevin just worries about his bank account, and he doesnt care about the hobby. I get the idea that he support his costumers just to not loose future sales. Anyone that didnīt see all this when dealing with him, is just blind. Any mail chat with Kevin starts with "How many engines do you need".
vacaman is offline Find More Posts by vacaman
Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Not true Jody, Milton has been able to get parts and I have had no issues either. I stop importing the jc120 and I still get parts, I stop before because I wanted a few changes done. I am no longer importing the whole line up now because hobby king is selling them. However I just got DHL confirmation on parts I needed from Kevin this morning, parts are not the issue. His business structure is, I love my jc engines and I will still continue to fly them.
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by FGMember
GTA, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaman View Post
Any mail chat with Kevin starts with "How many engines do you need".
lmao.... I have seen people like this.
FGMember is offline Find More Posts by FGMember

Quick Reply