ALE
Find More Posts by ALE
ALE
-Cordoba-Argentina
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Discussion
Question!!!! PowerSystem Competition 12 Turbo

I have one, PowerSystem Competition 12 Turbo, I want to know if a voltage regulator failure, as follows from energy (unregulated of course), or no way of energy.
ALE is offline Find More Posts by ALE
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALE View Post
I have one, PowerSystem Competition 12 Turbo, I want to know if a voltage regulator failure, as follows from energy (unregulated of course), or no way of energy.
There is no way to predict this. A regulator can fail either way. Anyone that tells you different does not know what they are saying. It depends on how the regulator component fails. A MOSFET can fail open or closed depending how how the silicon failed.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
ALE
Find More Posts by ALE
ALE
-Cordoba-Argentina
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Thank you for your response Robert, I'm very satisfied with their products, however I can not stay quiet is very rare that a regulator fails Smart Fly?, At least I could not find any comments about it online.
Could put high voltage servos, but I read a commentary in relation to the signal voltage (with 8 V should be 5.5 v) and servo manufacturers are not grabbing the right thing, this is true. regards
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by FHHuber
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,007 Posts
Your RX is more likely to fail than the regulator...
FHHuber is offline Find More Posts by FHHuber
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for your response Robert, I'm very satisfied with their products, however I can not stay quiet is very rare that a regulator fails Smart Fly?, At least I could not find any comments about it online.
Could put high voltage servos, but I read a commentary in relation to the signal voltage (with 8 V should be 5.5 v) and servo manufacturers are not grabbing the right thing, this is true. regards
Hi, as long as our plane size recommendations are followed the regulators are extremely reliable. Regulators fails because they get too hot. We make sure our regulators are heat-sinked adequately for the application. For the small segment out there that really wants redundancy I am looking at releasing a product with redundant regulators late this year but I want to be sure its done right. It does no good to have redundant regulators if the user is not given status of each regulator.
Site Sponsor
Old 01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
ALE
Find More Posts by ALE
ALE
-Cordoba-Argentina
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Robert, and in my case that I have one, Smart Fly Competition 12 Turbo, I used this new product?, In some way can be added to the plant, I guess that maybe no. Regards
Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Robert, and in my case that I have one, Smart Fly Competition 12 Turbo, I used this new product?, In some way can be added to the plant, I guess that maybe no. Regards
Sorry, I do not understand the question.
Site Sponsor
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
looking forward to seeing the dual regulator solution.

I love my smart fly hardware, but I have preferred to not use the regulated versions of the Competition 12 due to the single turbo reg onboard.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 PM
ALE
Find More Posts by ALE
ALE
-Cordoba-Argentina
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Sorry, is that I use an internet translator is not ideal, as it sometimes lends itself to Confucianism.
The question was whether this new regulators with redundancy, it can add to, competition 12 turbo, or would have to buy a new one.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, is that I use an internet translator is not ideal, as it sometimes lends itself to Confucianism.
The question was whether this new regulators with redundancy, it can add to, competition 12 turbo, or would have to buy a new one.
Hi, you will not be able to upgrade your unit. The Comp 12 is integrated and there is no way to change the regulator on it. Sorry.
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply