logo
Old 04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
yeah, i always hated those overseas flights to tokyo. way too long and boring. I found, getting blitzed on the airplane to be the best way to pass the time. LOL
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by M.Abraira
Palm Beach, Fl
Joined Dec 2008
191 Posts
One important factor to remeber that few seem to do.... THIS IS A HOBBY! Grown men, grown women, and children playing with TOY airplanes, helicopters, cars and boats. In the grand scheme of things this is BEYOND petty. Thousands of men and women have given their lives in defense of this country just so you could have the luxury of debating which radio brand you will now be using. For those of you who have tried to make this a personal attack on either JR, Horizon or any of their employees GROW A SET. It is the course of ANY business to make advancements and technological changes in an effort to grow the company, maintain customer relationships and create new ones.

Coming on here and spewing crap, simply demonstrates your lack of intelligence. Keeping the thread civil will be far more beneficial to EVERYONE so that the correct information is disseminated thus allowing people to make an informed decision.

By the way, whileon the subject of safety at the Nall....two of the absoutley most spectacular crashes at the Nall have come at the hands of one of the hobby's best pilots flying a radio brand other than JR or Spektrum.

Michael Abraira
M.Abraira is offline Find More Posts by M.Abraira
Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 AM View Post
anonymous1
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts
If there was something dangerous about DSM2, we would have greater than a .015% failure rate at large events where the band that is being used for transmissions is abused. Do you know what happened in each of those cases that caused the airplanes to crash? Please, post a list of the cases (exact) of specific airplanes that crashed at Joe Nall and the resolution of the crash, since there were so many. I'm confident that we figured out what the true cause of each incident was.

Horizon hid nothing from the public, especially something that is as serious as a safety concern. Trust me, I work here. I know the menial things that cause delays in projects that our legal department will put a hold on. You have no facts to back up your claims, only rediculous claims that contain no substance.

Regarding press releases, what would you like me to show you? Futhermore, how is that germaine to this discussion?
Ryan Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T.
VIBE!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
2,075 Posts
Anonymous1 has been banned as a multiple troll account.
Jim T. is offline Find More Posts by Jim T.
Administrator
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by pkchapman
Because, it's not heavy enough
Shady Cove Or
Joined Sep 2009
847 Posts
When will JR’s DMSS top of the line radio be announce? (The replacement for
the 12X DSMX)

What will be its channel capacity?

Will it be in a METAL case?

Will it have a touch screen?

Will it have Lithium technology batteries with milliamp hours over 2500?

Will its factory supplied charger be capable of both AC and DC input? (DC for away contest charging.)

How robust will its telemetry capabilities be?

Will the RPM telemetry be compatible with the RPM outputs of present day ignitions?

Will the sticks come with heavy duty springs? (Wider range of stick tension.)

Will it keep its wide range of switch types?

Will the documentation have clear examples of programming not just the present dictionary approach?

Will the price be under 2200.00?

In general does JR plan to really compete in the high end radio market?

Paul
pkchapman is offline Find More Posts by pkchapman
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by swk550
United States, TX, Porter
Joined Jul 2006
191 Posts
I've used JR equipment from the original Unlimited 8 Tx sold by Circus Circus. I had a 12X on DSMX and now the 11X on DSMX. One of the reasons I continue to use JR Tx/Rx's, servos and a few Spektrum Rx's is the wonderful support I get from Horizon. At this point, I don't use many of the features in the 11X. My DSM2 and DSMX Rx's have never given me a glitch. I don't know if I will upgrade to the XG11 DMSS system. I will stay with JR as long as Horizon keeps giving me great service. For now, the move by JR to DMSS does not affect me. No need to spend extra $$$$ if you like what you have.
swk550 is offline Find More Posts by swk550
Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
but you guys seem to have higher end planes! If you ever got tired of your 3W Yak and wanted to donate it for a good cause, please let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
@ REZA.........there are more than 2 of you. 12X on DSM2 for me as well. with spektrum receivers.
Reza is offline Find More Posts by Reza
Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
but you guys seem to have higher end planes! If you ever got tired of your 3W Yak and wanted to donate it for a good cause, please let me know
You'll have to get in line behind Jm mac.......he has 1st dibs on the Yak, if its donated to a worthy cause.....LOL Im afraid though, i will fly it to its expiration date. Ive heard that 3w is not making them anymore. If this is indeed the case, im gonna tear mine down and make a set of molds so i can have as many of them as i feel like making.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by Planeoho
Oquawka Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
354 Posts
Quote:
You'll have to get in line behind Jm mac.......he has 1st dibs on the Yak, if its donated to a worthy cause.....LOL Im afraid though, i will fly it to its expiration date. Ive heard that 3w is not making them anymore. If this is indeed the case, im gonna tear mine down and make a set of molds so i can have as many of them as i feel like making.

I'm confused.....what is this "expiration" date you speak of? And how can I get my planes updated to not have one?

Planeoho is offline Find More Posts by Planeoho
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Find More Posts by SIRCOL
Australia, QLD, Carrara
Joined Apr 2012
32 Posts
when the 11XG comes out buy the modular version then you can change between DMSS & DMSX or any other protocol you like
the 11 XG comes out with a digital trim model or anologue trim model so you can choose what makes you happy
JR have DMSS modules for the 9 &11 channel modular radios
changing from DMSX to DMSS is no different than when people changed from 72 meg to 2.4 or futaba to JR
some do it slowly some do it in one hit
SIRCOL is offline Find More Posts by SIRCOL
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by Jerry_Hailey
IMAC Junkie
Lexington,NC
Joined Sep 2009
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMD View Post
I really don't see the problem. Lets say you have a JR 11x, using DSMX Technology. You have all DSMX receivers in your planes. Your setup works fine now. People are concerned about the future. If your radio is fine, why do you need to buy another one? My hunch is that Spektrum will start to come out with more advanced, "JR" like radios. So by the time you might need a new radio, there will probably be a viable option available from Spektrum.

Are you talking about me Geoff?

Yep, I have an 11x DSMX, One 40% plane with DSMX, One 40% plane with DSM2, and one 35% with DSM2.

I even have a JR 6102 radio that I still use with a glow engine plane. (The darn thing still works even after it has been left behind by several generations of technology.)

When I’m ready for a new radio I’m sure a suitable replacement will be available.

I kind of like that Spektrum DX 10t. I just found out that it is expandable to 18 channels and it fits my style. I’m a trey flyer and the big sticks look like they will work well for me.

But for now me and my 11X DSMX are very happy, and have my sights on you Geoff. LOL Practice my friend, I’m coming to get you. Mu-Ha-Ha
Jerry_Hailey is offline Find More Posts by Jerry_Hailey
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,508 Posts
Quote:
@ REZA.........there are more than 2 of you. 12X on DSM2 for me as well. with spektrum receivers.
I'm on DSM2 as well...
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeoho View Post
I'm confused.....what is this "expiration" date you speak of? And how can I get my planes updated to not have one?

all rc planes have expiration dates.......there is no way to know what the expiration date is. the only thing you can do that may move the date is to put all new gear at regular intervals.......but even then, its possible that you could be moving the expiration date up instead of back. I dont know what else to tell you........pray my friend......and treat everyone nice so you have good karma............LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by Planeoho
Oquawka Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
354 Posts
Quote:
all rc planes have expiration dates.......there is no way to know what the expiration date is. the only thing you can do that may move the date is to put all new gear at regular intervals.......but even then, its possible that you could be moving the expiration date up instead of back. I dont know what else to tell you........pray my friend......and treat everyone nice so you have good karma............LOL

Words to live by my brotha....words to live by
Planeoho is offline Find More Posts by Planeoho

Quick Reply