logo
Old 02-15-2015, 02:57 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Looks like the sUAS NPRM is going to be released tomorrow (2/15)

https://www.faa.gov/news/media_advis...m?newsId=18294
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-15-2015, 04:52 AM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Looks like the sUAS NPRM is going to be released tomorrow (2/15)

https://www.faa.gov/news/media_advis...m?newsId=18294
Link shows "page not found" on this end.
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 02-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
THey moved the press release. Here's a summary of the NPRM:

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...AS_Summary.pdf
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 02-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by jparia
Joined May 2014
122 Posts
New controversy in France ...
Drones flying over Paris
jparia is offline Find More Posts by jparia
Old 07-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Find More Posts by MrsPopcorn
Joined Jun 2015
15 Posts
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
You know, the same thing was said when RC got put into planes, helicopters came along, 3D flying, jet turbines.....

The AMA started as a free flight organization....just sayin
I completely agree here. People, ideas and organizations evolve.
MrsPopcorn is offline Find More Posts by MrsPopcorn
Old 07-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by MrsPopcorn
Joined Jun 2015
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
You know what the worst part of operating a quad is? Telling your parents you're gay.

Seriously- I hate those damn things. Anyone with a hard on for them should punch themselves in the face. I hate to be a hater, but I am. Fly a freaking heli.

Model airplanes (and helis) are model aircraft. Camera carring quads are as close to drones as hobbyists can get.

If model aircraft get banned over drones I'm kicking somebodys ass.

funboy, I can appreciate your feelings toward quads, I can...BUT.. I am a woman, I fly a Quad. Ive recently become an AMA member after years of watching my husband fly planes and helis. I am even soon to become a member of our local RC club. Im exited and he is elated that ive found a part of his hobby to enjoy with him. Its made us both exited for nice weather and weekend events. The quality time we have spent together since i got my quad is amazing. Not only has the quad brought us together, it has brought another member to our club and to the AMA. You can hate all you want but shouldnt get so worked up about it. One mans whiskey is anothers mud.
MrsPopcorn is offline Find More Posts by MrsPopcorn
Old 07-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by ucandoit
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Feb 2008
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPopcorn View Post
funboy, I can appreciate your feelings toward quads, I can...BUT.. I am a woman, I fly a Quad. Ive recently become an AMA member after years of watching my husband fly planes and helis. I am even soon to become a member of our local RC club. Im exited and he is elated that ive found a part of his hobby to enjoy with him. Its made us both exited for nice weather and weekend events. The quality time we have spent together since i got my quad is amazing. Not only has the quad brought us together, it has brought another member to our club and to the AMA. You can hate all you want but shouldnt get so worked up about it. One mans whiskey is anothers mud.

+++ 1 nicely said
ucandoit is offline Find More Posts by ucandoit
Old 07-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by madinpensacola
New plane junkie
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2014
2,367 Posts
Quote:
GREAT posting on all counts. Welcome to the sickness.
madinpensacola is offline Find More Posts by madinpensacola
Old 07-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by LachlanMcLean
Drinkin' beer, pickin' a banjo
United States, NY, North Creek
Joined Oct 2013
226 Posts
Quote:
Real whisky does not have an "e" in it. Glad to see you're a quad operator that has joined the AMA. Honest question: did you join because AMA membership is required to fly at the club where your husband is already a member? (Inferred from "it has brought another member to our club.") I'm not trying to start any argument for or against joining or not joining the AMA. I am honestly wondering what benefit you see from joining the AMA since a multirotor craft can be flown almost anywhere and does not require the space that most AMA chartered club fields typically need. Welcome to the hobby and the AMA.
LachlanMcLean is offline Find More Posts by LachlanMcLean
Old 07-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Quote:
Welcome to the hobby and FG
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 07-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Find More Posts by thepamster
The Biplane Mistress
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Aug 2010
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
Welcome to the hobby and FG
Maybe you should show her a picture of "your" quad.
thepamster is offline Find More Posts by thepamster
Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Quote:
One mans whiskey is anothers mud.
Well, whiskey is mud, whisky though is nice.

Anyway, cannot agree with you more, woman in rc here too, I started in free flight 40 years ago,, now I fly giant scale aerobatics.

I build most my own models from sticks of wood, because that is the way I started and to me half the fun is in the building, but am not going to look down my nose at people who are interested in just flying ARTFs, or helis, or quads, or control line or whatever.

Anyone interested in aeromodeling in any capacity is awesome by me.
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 07-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Languid Virago View Post
Well, whiskey is mud, whisky though is nice.

Anyway, cannot agree with you more, woman in rc here too, I started in free flight 40 years ago,, now I fly giant scale aerobatics.

I build most my own models from sticks of wood, because that is the way I started and to me half the fun is in the building, but am not going to look down my nose at people who are interested in just flying ARTFs, or helis, or quads, or control line or whatever.

Anyone interested in aeromodeling in any capacity is awesome by me.
Funny thing IS, That the 2 most reasonable posts about this topic are both made by women....
Great job girls..... level heads will always prevail.
I agree... this hobby is made up of MANY different aspects, and ALL should be WELCOMED.
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 07-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin4fun View Post
Funny thing IS, That the 2 most reasonable posts about this topic are both made by women....
Great job girls..... level heads will always prevail.
I agree... this hobby is made up of MANY different aspects, and ALL should be WELCOMED.
+1 and this the best sentence "Anyone interested in aeromodeling in any capacity is awesome by me"...pretty much my view too, although as with anything, I found a few exceptions...but by far and large on target!
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 07-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepamster View Post
Maybe you should show her a picture of "your" quad.
Ok, difference is I fly mine in a garage, under 20' agl, not over people's heads, over crowded venue's, or around full scale operations.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy

Quick Reply