logo
Old 12-07-2016, 11:51 PM
Find More Posts by 2walla
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Apr 2007
3,095 Posts
If you baffle the cowl properly it will stay cool.. I had a moki 180 in one that had a baffle that bisected the cylinder and fully blocked the other side of the cowl so all the air that come in was forced over the cylinder with about 1/8 clearance.. it would run fine in the 120 degree arizona heat.. if you are going to shift to the dle I wouldn't mess up the cowl and just fly it without...
2walla is offline Find More Posts by 2walla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by Nimbus2
Australia, WA, Northam
Joined Nov 2016
8 Posts
Successful maiden

Flies well, very happy with it.

The ST 2500 ran flawlessly, Super Terrific.

Yes definitely glad I didn't try it with the small engine. The climb rate would have matched the curvature of the earth. The ST seems to be a good match, certainly for the time being anyway.
Nimbus2 is offline Find More Posts by Nimbus2
Old 12-10-2016, 12:26 AM
BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts
Glad to hear that the maiden went good. Thats always a good feeling when everything clicks and you bring the plane back to the ground in one piece.And adding to the fact you built this from sticks that must have taken a long time like in the years prior to ARF planes . Use to spend all winter long putting together a kit plane but it was a great thrill to get the maiden flight out of the way and have it fly and run good with motor selection. Good deal
BAS is offline Find More Posts by BAS
Last edited by BAS; 12-10-2016 at 12:31 AM. Reason: info
Old 12-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by Nimbus2
Australia, WA, Northam
Joined Nov 2016
8 Posts
Thanks BAS. Although I bought the plane already built, I just put on the engine, fuel tank and RX. If I ever did decide to build one from scratch, I wouldn't have the strength to fly it. Oh the heartbreak!

Fortunately for me, there are people who enjoy the entire scratch building process, for without these people I wouldn't now have this glorious plane to fly
Nimbus2 is offline Find More Posts by Nimbus2

Quick Reply