Old 03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
Yes, Black Star has four of the OMG servos available on their web site.

However the servos are priced in the $90 range and that is with a 10 percent discount. At that rate I'll guess that most people looking for servos for new/replacements will stay with a product that has a proven track record; Hitec, Savox, JR, Futaba, etc.
I don't think with these servos you're going to get the power hd , turnigy , etc prices . Unfortunately I believe they will be priced in line with savoxs or compariable servos.
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by forgues research
Canada
Joined Feb 2006
4,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
Roger, are these servos that you have in stock or are they being dropped shipped from China or wherever they are being made?
they will be drop shipped from China, this way it will eliminate double shipping
forgues research is offline Find More Posts by forgues research
Old 03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Find More Posts by bemeson
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2007
1,257 Posts
Who is going to warranty and take care of any issues with the servos? Do you have a service center is the US or Canada. Is there any replacement gear sets available? Where would a US or Canadien customer send the servo in for repair? What is the warranty on the servos? These are obviously not bargain servos, so I assume they should have a US or Canadien based service center like all of the other quality brands they are being compared to.

Who is the American wholesaler who is distributing these servos for OMG?

I think these are all good questions that should be answered and have not according to this thread.

Brian
bemeson is offline Find More Posts by bemeson
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by omgsales
中国, 广东省, 深圳
Joined Nov 2012
85 Posts
brian,
thanks for your question.
your problem is what we are concerned
we are looking for the person.
have you send the test result to our email
omgsales is offline Find More Posts by omgsales
Old 03-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by Bikman
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
However the servos are priced in the $90 range and that is with a 10 percent discount. At that rate I'll guess that most people looking for servos for new/replacements will stay with a product that has a proven track record; Hitec, Savox, JR, Futaba, etc.
that's the big mistake of most chinese (not Taiwan) companies.
I can tell you they have there 40-50 U$ of profit margin without shipping costs.
XQ and PowerHD also have raised prices blatantly http://www.sdshobby.net/Wholesale-Di...&productsort=4
Bikman is offline Find More Posts by Bikman
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by cbk07
Mouth Runner
United States, CT, Farmington
Joined Jan 2006
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemeson View Post
Who is going to warranty and take care of any issues with the servos? Do you have a service center is the US or Canada. Is there any replacement gear sets available? Where would a US or Canadien customer send the servo in for repair? What is the warranty on the servos? These are obviously not bargain servos, so I assume they should have a US or Canadien based service center like all of the other quality brands they are being compared to.

Who is the American wholesaler who is distributing these servos for OMG?

I think these are all good questions that should be answered and have not according to this thread.

Brian
I have to agree 100% with Brian here. If there were a US distributor/warranty/service center stocking these servos I would like to give them a try Someone here in the US would have to be crazy to send their money to someone in Canada hoping that the dropped shipped servos arrive and then are in good shape and do not require any warranty service.

Roger, honestly not trying to bash, but this is sounding too much like the RCExtreme nightmare again....you take peoples money and let them hope that the overseas manufacturer delivers and stands behind the product. If I am going to take that chance, I will just buy them direct from China and let the manufacturer make the profits.
cbk07 is offline Find More Posts by cbk07
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Canada
Joined Feb 2006
4,281 Posts
Quote:
I have to agree 100% with Brian here. If there were a US distributor/warranty/service center stocking these servos I would like to give them a try Someone here in the US would have to be crazy to send their money to someone in Canada hoping that the dropped shipped servos arrive and then are in good shape and do not require any warranty service.

Roger, honestly not trying to bash, but this is sounding too much like the RCExtreme nightmare again....you take peoples money and let them hope that the overseas manufacturer delivers and stands behind the product. If I am going to take that chance, I will just buy them direct from China and let the manufacturer make the profits.
hahahaha so funny , no the money would be sent directly to OmG, not to me I am not making any money on any of this, just trying to help Tony,
Old 03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsales View Post
brian,
thanks for your question.
your problem is what we are concerned
we are looking for the person.
have you send the test result to our email
Tony,
I am away from my computer that has the file. Will do tomorrow when I am at the shop.

Also since you have placed Forgues Research as your unofficial spokesman, maybe he can address many of the questions people have about the servos. If he really is nothing more than a buyer, than tell everyone. It is not very clear to anyone who the spokesperson is.

Thanks
Brian
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Canada
Joined Feb 2006
4,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemeson View Post
Tony,
I am away from my computer that has the file. Will do tomorrow when I am at the shop.

Also since you have placed Forgues Research as your unofficial spokesman, maybe he can address many of the questions people have about the servos. If he really is nothing more than a buyer, than tell everyone. It is not very clear to anyone who the spokesperson is.

Thanks
Brian
Brian, its quite clear you have it in for me since the beginning , well let me tell you, this thread here in case you don't know was started by me and being so I am able and allowed to speak when I want, will you please put it to rest, I am trying to help Tony, period, I don't make money on this, and I am not the spokesman but being my thread , gives me the right to say things , I am not being insulting to anyone but many have been insulting me,

Now I have said it before about these servos, I have tested them probably as much you have or can do , and I am very pleased with what I saw so far, but because I am in close ties with Tony, I saw fit not to put my two cents in the testing phase.

As for my relationship with RCX, again, guys, I have lost money on this more then anyone here, so please move on
Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgues research View Post
Brian, its quite clear you have it in for me since the beginning , well let me tell you, this thread here in case you don't know was started by me and being so I am able and allowed to speak when I want, will you please put it to rest, I am trying to help Tony, period, I don't make money on this, and I am not the spokesman but being my thread , gives me the right to say things , I am not being insulting to anyone but many have been insulting me,

Now I have said it before about these servos, I have tested them probably as much you have or can do , and I am very pleased with what I saw so far, but because I am in close ties with Tony, I saw fit not to put my two cents in the testing phase.

As for my relationship with RCX, again, guys, I have lost money on this more then anyone here, so please move on

Sir,
I am not sure what you mean by "I have it in for you". No it's quite the opposite. If I see someone make a statement that I believe is incorrect or suspect, I correct it. Everyone is entitled on a public forum. What you don't like is when someone corrects you or disagrees with your opinion.

On the testing portion, you have no idea of what my companies is capable of and it's pompous for you to even imply that you may have tested them as much as I. You have not told anyone what you have done as far as testing and you have not seen my results. So how could you come to the conclusion without any facts is arrogant on your part. Please look within yourself for answers instead lashing out at me.

Brian
Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by Bikman
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
854 Posts
Quote:
I will just buy them direct from China and let the manufacturer make the profits.
OMG don't sell directly from the factory however other chinese companies do at dealer price for everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgues research View Post
I am trying to help Tony, period, I don't make money on this,
really ? "For a limited time and limited number of servos (300) I am offering these you see here for $75/ea when you purchase a minimum of 5 servos"
Bikman is offline Find More Posts by Bikman
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by TimBle
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
that would appear to be a almost at cost price would'nt it...

quit your Sh8t stirring
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old 03-03-2013, 02:33 AM View Post
omgsales
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while omgsales edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 AM View Post
omgsales
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while omgsales edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 AM View Post
omgsales

Quick Reply