logo
Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by NCFR "Lucky"
Burlington, KY
Joined Jun 2006
2,226 Posts
Discussion
DX18 - IMAC/3D Flightmodes

I picked up a DX18 over Christmas and am getting around to programming my big planes. I was wondering what others are doing with their flightmodes. I use four:

FM1. Snap/normal flight - I use this setting for most sequence flying and general cruising. I also set my D/Rs on the throttle stick. High throttle reduces the tail and adds a little aileron. Low throttle increases the tail and reduces the ailerons. I find this helps with consistant upline vs downline snaps.
FM2. High Rate Rudder - lower aileron settings than FM1 but Full deflection on rudder. I use this for hammerheads and high alpha KE.
FM3. Take Off / Landing / Spin - lower aileron than SNAP and increased elevator and rudder.
FM4. 3D - full deflection of everything.

I have FM1,2, and 3 set on the three position switch on the upper right. FM4 is on the two position switch behind the 3 position one. What bugs me is having to move to FM2 before you can activate FM4. I have used Futaba (9Z) and Airtronics (SD-10) extensively. My biggest complaint about the 18 is that the Flight modes can only be on two switches, and there is a very restrictive hierarchy. Both Futaba and Airtronics allow for any switch and the hierarchy is sequential (i.e. FM2 overides FM1, FM3 overides FM2 and FM1, etc.).

How are others setting up IMAC/3D planes with the DX18.

Also, I thought there were going to be files posted with what some of the Horizon Team members were using for their set ups. I have not been able to find them. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Keith Sessions
IMAC 3211
NCFR "Lucky" is offline Find More Posts by NCFR "Lucky"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by DanielIsbell
My wife thinks I'm at work!
United States, CO, Eaton
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Keith,

Any luck on your quest to find how others are setting up their DX18s? I too just bought a DX18 and am working on setting up DR/Exs and FModes on my Aeroworks 30cc Edge 540. Id love to hear how other folks are setting up their Tx...
DanielIsbell is offline Find More Posts by DanielIsbell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply