Hey thanks guys!
supercub1 is offline Find More Posts by supercub1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Find More Posts by supercub1
Joined Aug 2013
475 Posts
Hey flymedic. When you put the Dle 35ra on your cub which I believe you said you were using did you use the stock gas tank and if so did you set it up the way they show running the fuel lines etc through the firewall hole trying to go around the rear carb as best as possible? (I believe the mounting stand offs are enough of a distance away from the firewall to there doesn't need to be a firewall hole (as the cap and rubber stopper block the hole) for carb venting?? I think I did a similar setup on my other hanger 9 cub, but I don't have it here to look at. I made about the same size hole in between the holes for the standoffs for the ignition cap and wire to fit through as I was going to mount the module on the side inside the fuse next to the tank. If you have pics of your super cub with cowl off that'd be sweet. If not, no worries.

Thanks!

Adam
Old 11-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by flymedic
Huckin Fire Trucker
United States, AZ, Littlefield
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
I did use the stock tank & there is enough room for the lines. I only wish I would have figured out a way to loop the vent line around the back of the tank so it wouldn't siphon when it's on its nose. It works good though. I put the filler in the side of the cowl. I don't have any pics but it worked out nice with the rear exhaust
flymedic is offline Find More Posts by flymedic
Old 11-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Joined Aug 2013
475 Posts
Yeah, I had that problem with my other cub but didn't seem to cause any problems. So the space between the carb and firewall with the hole plugged, doesn't cause any interference with the carb not getting enough air or restriction on performance right? Yeah I think the filler on the side would be good? Did you use 2 or 3 lines? You think 3 would still be enough space for the butterfly?
Old 11-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Huckin Fire Trucker
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
No problem with performance, this 35 kicks butt good !!!!
I did a 2 line with a T for filling.
I put my throttle servo in the cabin right against the instrument panel where the pilots left hand is with a direct linkage. It's rock solid
Old 11-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Huckin Fire Trucker
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
I bet if you go with 3 line you will be fine too.
I still can't say enough good about this little cub !!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Joined Aug 2013
475 Posts
Haha. It is awesome so far looking at it. My other older version with the red and white fabric covering rocks too! It has floats along with this one that will eventually be fitted for floats and with my other one on floats, it does well. Just did that carb mod line into the cabin (fixed my stalls, and runs like a champ). Flying off water is really cool, don't know if you have ever done it? Found out a guy around 10 mins from me has the same new super cub float setup and flys it off his lake (will have to get them both going on the water, should be sweet) I am adding lights and was thinking about adding 2 white strobes on the wings with the red and green navs and a flashing white on the rudder. I see you have red (probably scale, just didn't know if I wanted to 2 red lights, although I guess if it is flashing it's fine. You know more about the lighting than. Are you in Arizona or from Arizona?
Old 11-29-2013, 04:31 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Did you get pics of the 88" EF Edge you needed? I can send some.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Joined Aug 2013
475 Posts
Hey jwilliams,

I got some on the 91" Extra. I was matching everything up the other day and notice the ailerons don't line up. If I line one end up, the other sticks out, like it's warped or something. One aileron is worse than the other. The elevators I believe are a little off but not so much. Also notice a little loose wood. As far as the edges between the stabs and control surfaces as well aren't lining up unless virtually no gap.

If you could send me some pics of neutral elevator, rudder, aileron even if you have to hold them in place (like the elevator, I know fall sometimes due to the servos) of the edges where the rudder top meets up, the elevator to stab, and aileron to wing as well as the gap and some of max deflections that'd be cool.

I am thinking 1 mm gap or so to get max deflection.

Thanks,

Adam

p.s. Does you aileron line up end to end, when pushing them flush when originally lining everything up? Could weather have warped mine? I'm trying to get hold of EF

Quick Reply