logo
Old 01-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by jglemba
Smokin Joe
United States, PA, Charleroi
Joined Apr 2009
249 Posts
Karl,

You mean you forgot to make a set of these?
jglemba is offline Find More Posts by jglemba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-12-2016, 06:59 AM
Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Southwest Pa.
Joined Nov 2006
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglemba View Post
Karl,

You mean you forgot to make a set of these?
lol.. yeah that would have been nice Joe but no.. What is that a small sailplane? They look pretty nice if you made them.
Krazy Karl is offline Find More Posts by Krazy Karl
Old 01-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
Maybe... who knows Al. ??

Not that this girl is imprinted in my brain maybe just slightly but my wife wonders why I stair at her at times. It's her lines I tell her.

Borderline number ? of 101 .... what are we up to now?

One sexy.... this is.

Eye-Catching Livery! Gulfstream G650 M-USIK Landing & Take Off - YouTube
That G650 and another one (different livery) were delivered to a father and son!
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Smokin Joe
Joined Apr 2009
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
lol.. yeah that would have been nice Joe but no.. What is that a small sailplane? They look pretty nice if you made them.
My brother was into that kind of stuff. He was the builder, not me! I am just a flyer, I built one plane in my life and after a midair, I couldn't handle all the hours of work and attention I put into it, just to have 5 guys help carry sticks back to my van.

Since then, it's just, "fly the snot out of them" and have a spare in the hangar waiting for a "Donor Transplant" after it goes in. They all do, sooner or later. My Pitts M12 was all built, just waiting for the donor parts from my favorite YAK. Always have a plane in the "On Deck" circle.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, PA, Home
Joined Nov 2006
3,941 Posts
Nothing like a re-kit .....
rooman is online now Find More Posts by rooman
Old 01-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by Colton
Now taking maneuver requests!
United States, GA, Smyrna
Joined Mar 2010
2,447 Posts
Can't wait Karl! I'm fully mentally prepped for hours on hours of rivets and detail. By the time it's painted I'll probably have to get some anti itch lotion for my thumbs... because I'm going to want to fly it so bad
Colton is offline Find More Posts by Colton
Old 01-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
....... have to get some anti itch lotion for my thumbs... because I'm going to want to fly it so bad
LOL, quote of the day right there.....
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 01-19-2016, 06:30 PM
Smokin Joe
Joined Apr 2009
249 Posts
AMA

Well, it's official. This is from our AMA. Seems like they failed, looks like the FAA got us first! lol

Members required to register with FAA

AMA members are now required by regulation to register their aircraft with the FAA to avoid federal enforcement and potential penalties. All Radio Control modelers must register aircraft weighing greater than 0.55 pounds online no later than February 19, 2016. The registration fee is $5. However, FAA is offering free registration when registering on or before midnight EST on January 21. Online registration can be accomplished on the FAA webpage at, RegisterMyUAS.faa.gov . Several AMA staff members and AMA leaders have been working with legal counsel and the FAA to find a solution for our members on the registration rule. To date, FAA has agreed in principle to several proposed initiatives that will help ease this process for our members in the future. Visit modelaircraft.org/gov to learn more.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Why do they say that we are "now required"? Weren't we required to register all along? Did the FAA ever say that AMA members should wait?
Old 01-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by thepamster
The Biplane Mistress
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Aug 2010
522 Posts
The FAA never said that AMA members should wait but AMA did, at least til about a week ago. Now the AMA says to go ahead and register while they continue to work on this issue.
thepamster is offline Find More Posts by thepamster
Old 01-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Yea, but the article says that AMA members are now required.... My point was that we were really required ever since Dec 21. Just sayin'.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,992 Posts
Our club membership wanted to know whether the AMA WILL REQUIRE our club to verify that all members have registered with the FAA so this afternoon I shot off an email to the AMA specifically requesting 'in writing' an answer to this question......especially if it impacts our insurance coverage for the flying field we lease.

I hope to hear back from the AMA in short order and when I do I'll let you all know.

Bill H
Sec/Treasurer
Kishwaukee R/C Flyers
Charter 258
Hinckley Bill is online now Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old 01-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Not to drag this thread too far off course, but based on Bill's comments above... Does the AMA today require that the clubs validate AMA membership for all flyers? We validate (I think) when someone renews their club membership, but I don't know that I've ever seen an officer actually validating anyone's membership at the field. I know that onky members would be insured, but just wondering what the AMA actually states about validation.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by erjpilot
Quakertown, PA USA
Joined Jan 2006
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinckley Bill View Post
Our club membership wanted to know whether the AMA WILL REQUIRE our club to verify that all members have registered with the FAA so this afternoon I shot off an email to the AMA specifically requesting 'in writing' an answer to this question......especially if it impacts our insurance coverage for the flying field we lease.

I hope to hear back from the AMA in short order and when I do I'll let you all know.

Bill H
Sec/Treasurer
Kishwaukee R/C Flyers
Charter 258
I am the president of our club and I asked this question as well as others of Chad Budreau from AMA government relations. Below is the reply I received from him. The answer to your question is no.
Travis

Hi Travis,

Thank you for emailing me! I am having much better luck responding to email than phone calls since I am never at my desk (I just returned from the FAA offices and will be heading out to Capitol Hill in a couple days).

We will be sending out an email next week to our club leaders to address these questions, but I’ll be happy to share the answers.

1) If we have members that are not registered, is the club liable in case something does happen or there is an investigation, or is the registration purely an individual thing focused solely on the individual?
A: The club is not liable, registration is purely individual. If a member does not register, that does not affect the individual’s or club’s AMA benefits or insurance. The club is not expected to police registration.

2) With regard to our proximity to the airport, would having members who are not registered, potentially jeopardize our ability to continue flying within the 5 mile radius of the airport?
A: It could. While we are suggesting clubs should not have to police registration, but that ultimately decision is up to each individual club. If you fear having unregistered pilots could compromise your standing with your city, community, or airport – you may want to require registration.

3) I hope this is not the case, but is the AMA going to require clubs to police whether or not our members are FAA registered?
A: No

4) In reading the government relations blog, I believe this to be the case, but is FAA registration going to be required to be an AMA member?
A: We want to maintain our track record of safety and compliance with the airspace, but we are not making FAA registration an requirement. Members who are not registered will still receive AMA benefits including insurance coverage.

5) Regarding question #4, is FAA registration going to be automatic with AMA membership?
A: No. Looking at the bigger picture, we think registration should not be applied to our membership and we are working with Congress, the FAA, and the US Court of Appeals to find ways to exempt members. For the time being since we are required to register, we would like to create a system where an AMA membership is an alternative to Federal registration but that may not happen for a few more months.

6) With regard to the February 19th deadline to register, if a person does not fly until say the end of March, is it OK if they simply register prior to their first flight or does the February 19th deadline need to be strictly adhered to?
A: The pilot can wait as long as she or he wants, but cannot fly until they are registered.

I hope this helps!

Chad Budreau
Academy of Model Aeronautics
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old 01-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,992 Posts
Travis,

Thanks so much for relaying that valuable information......I will relay it on to our club officers and the membership

Bill
Hinckley Bill is online now Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill

Quick Reply