Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Groundschool: 3D Flying and Aerobatics
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
bigalrc
Flyin' Around

Default flight routine

Has anybody found, for a lack of a better discription, a good flight routine to help with orientation. I have been practicing 3d on my sim and also with my foamie. I have a new Pilot RC yak to test my abilities on this year. I would like to be able to look at the plane in any position and make the correct input instictively. Has anyone found a good routine they feel is helpful.

Thanks.
bigalrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Sired by Fire
Thread Killer

Default Re: flight routine

in my opinion there is 2 ways,
one, practice some sportman imac. or imac in general that suits your skill level.
and two would be harriers inverted and upright.
its strange how one and two do not relate to each other.
for instance a hard core 3 d guy can recover his airplane from any orientation and not think about for a moment. its all muscle memory
then you take that same guy , ask him to do a straight and level pass inverted and then do a rudder turn away from the field and ten to one he will get it wrong. im that guy lol
so i practice/ train imac and it seems to help alot more for that