Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > General Discussion
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
topflight36
Addicted

40% usually just sit on the floor or hang from the ceiling from what I have seen. Due to their size you would have to have tall ceilings to stand them on their nose.

Tom
topflight36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
Huckin Chuck
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

My dad and I devised a way to hang a 30% out of the way. A hinged pully systemm made out of pvc. We will build it this weekend.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #18
Huckin Chuck

We ended up using a truck cargo net. Hung it from eye hooks and rope. It works pretty well. The only problem is getting the landing gear and wheel pants in and out. Other than that it works pretty well. It diesnt get it out of the way all the way, it just makes it not in the way.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #19
Gringostr
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by Wayne's World
View Post
This works well also for planes up to 50cc size, 3/4" wooden dowel on a square sheet of ply. Drilled 3/4" holes into plywood on an angle then glued and screwed dowels into plywood. Then find your studs on the wall and pre drill 2 holes into ply one on top and one on bottom. Many ways to store your planes i just thought this way took up alot less room.
Wayne, I finally got into larger aircraft (9 pound Sapac extra 330) and am running outta room. My main problem is that here in AZ, summers in the garage are brutal and around above 100 at times in the garage, causing an issue of glue failure. Have you ever had any problems hanging your planes by the tail feathers like that?
-Seth
Gringostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
TimBle

Quote: Originally Posted by Wayne's World
View Post
This works well also for planes up to 50cc size, 3/4" wooden dowel on a square sheet of ply. Drilled 3/4" holes into plywood on an angle then glued and screwed dowels into plywood. Then find your studs on the wall and pre drill 2 holes into ply one on top and one on bottom. Many ways to store your planes i just thought this way took up alot less room.
I do prefer this store set up as well. Busy outfitting a spare room in a similar manner. Using the space between the fuselages to hang the wings in their bags.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
Shovelhead FLH
Yak Man

I got lucky, my ol' lady worked for some people that had a store in local mall. When they shut the doors, they hired me to help in tear down and told me take what i wanted plus an hourly wage. I grabbed some of those slat boards and a wide selection of hangers.

Last edited by Shovelhead FLH; 01-20-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Shovelhead FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
JackRC
JR = Jack the Ripper

Quote: Originally Posted by Huckin Chuck
View Post
My dad and I devised a way to hang a 30% out of the way. A hinged pully systemm made out of pvc. We will build it this weekend.
pictures please !

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300
JackRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #23
cbarnes0061

Subd

"Fly on Sunday rebuild on Monday"

You will be missed SleepyC http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=91372
cbarnes0061 is online now   Reply With Quote