Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Re: FG EXCLUSIVE: PRO FLOW 3-D CANNISTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmclaughlin View Post
Any Db comparison same props same engine, ie., DA 170 31-12 prop KS 95 Vs. Da 170 31-12 Pro Flow cans?

just ordered a DLE 170, need some cans
Hi Bill, I have not concidered doing any DB readings as of yet. Actually after testing them they seemed to be quite the same as KS Canisters and I personally feel thats quiet enough. Unlike the manufactures of the large exaust companys I did not design mine with noise leval being "Top Priority" I have 3 sets out right now to DLE customers awaiting headers. I am instructing them all to do the same thing...Start at 12" for the header lenth and work down 1/2" at a time. I'm just guessing we will see 11-11.5 working the best based on port timming. We should know very soon as I know of at least one guy that is going to use MTW Headers and make his own flanges.

Planebender
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry View Post
Dave, really nice quality and the large stinger is way cool. There will be plenty of used cans for sale now !!!
Hi Murry, Looks like it all made it there OK. Thats great! I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to hear from you and how you like them..

Happy Holidays!

Planebender
Old 12-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by Father Don
Finally got it to the deck!
Joined Jan 2008
1,514 Posts

Quote:
Dave, really nice quality and the large stinger is way cool. There will be plenty of used cans for sale now !!!
Murry: I'm sure you know this but I think it's best to cut those extensions as short as possible, just allowing them to escape the plane if you really need them.
Father Don is offline Find More Posts by Father Don
Old 12-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by murry
texas
Joined Jan 2006
764 Posts

Thank you, it's very close to not needing them at all. I'll cut the extensions short
murry is offline Find More Posts by murry
Old 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by hughsey
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2010
742 Posts

Hahahaha, cannisters are for sissies, fly em till ya ears bleed i say!!!
hughsey is offline Find More Posts by hughsey
Old 12-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by MarkOwen
Flyin' Around
Joined Dec 2010
2 Posts

Come on Dave lets get things going on these 3-d cannisters!
MarkOwen is offline Find More Posts by MarkOwen
Old 12-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by STAP71
STAP
CONCORD, NC
Joined Jan 2006
587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planebender View Post
Hi Matt, I have done lots of header lenth testing and we settled on 10.5"

The falling and jumping is exactly why I designed my own canisters. However having the wrong prop can assist you in some falling and jumping as well. The entire system has to work good together as a team.

Planebender
Right now im running the 26x10 mej..... gonna switch to a 27x10th.... i havnd found anybody having them in stock for a while..... word on the street is the 26x10th spools quicker than the std 26x10.... i like the quick response for 3D
STAP71 is offline Find More Posts by STAP71
Old 12-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Thank you, it's very close to not needing them at all. I'll cut the extensions short
Looks great Murry, Can't wait to hear how you liked the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOwen View Post
Come on Dave lets get things going on these 3-d cannisters!
Hey Mark, What's up? I haven't stopped shipping in the last 4 days.

Planebender
Old 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by WOODisGOOD
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
2,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAP71 View Post
Right now im running the 26x10 mej..... gonna switch to a 27x10th.... i havnd found anybody having them in stock for a while..... word on the street is the 26x10th spools quicker than the std 26x10.... i like the quick response for 3D
I have plenty of 27x10 th props.
WOODisGOOD is offline Find More Posts by WOODisGOOD
Old 12-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by SURREYRCAV8R
WHAT! Another Plane!
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2006
363 Posts

YO YO YO, Brother Bear you mentioned nothing of this new venture when you were here in August...I would have invested heavily in the new venture however now my wife has suggested I take my money and invest in the latest and greatest version of the Slap Chop or was it the new "Ov Glove"...can't quite remember...This is awesome, I hope you do really well with this. You know what I am up against with sound levels up here in the near arctic so when you get a chance...no hurry, I am wondering if you can post some db levels measured at 25 feet full throttle. You know I will order some when the time comes, next year I have dedicated a little more time to flying and hope to outfit my 150cc Yak with a 170 and these pipes, once i get the covering completed...call me sometime, would love to "bender" your ear about this. Cheers, Brad
SURREYRCAV8R is offline Find More Posts by SURREYRCAV8R
Old 12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by murry
texas
Joined Jan 2006
764 Posts

Started mine today and the sound at is awesome !!! The idle response is great and the low speed sounds good. I can't run motors wide open at my house so I'll take it to the field tomorrow.
murry is offline Find More Posts by murry
Old 12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREYRCAV8R View Post
YO YO YO, Brother Bear you mentioned nothing of this new venture when you were here in August...I would have invested heavily in the new venture however now my wife has suggested I take my money and invest in the latest and greatest version of the Slap Chop or was it the new "Ov Glove"...can't quite remember...This is awesome, I hope you do really well with this. You know what I am up against with sound levels up here in the near arctic so when you get a chance...no hurry, I am wondering if you can post some db levels measured at 25 feet full throttle. You know I will order some when the time comes, next year I have dedicated a little more time to flying and hope to outfit my 150cc Yak with a 170 and these pipes, once i get the covering completed...call me sometime, would love to "bender" your ear about this. Cheers, Brad
Whahsupp Brad? I'll call you tonight. I'll see what I can do to get you some DB readings. But I must say that I'm more than sure that the club up there will be more than satisified.
Planebender

Quote:
Started mine today and the sound at is awesome !!! The idle response is great and the low speed sounds good. I can't run motors wide open at my house so I'll take it to the field tomorrow.
I knew after talking to you Murry you were a hot rodder..LOL Give me a call

Planebender
Old 12-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODisGOOD View Post
I have plenty of 27x10 th props.
Dang Tony, I sure wish you "WOOD" change that avaitar, I was there and even talked to Mark afterwards and it still makes me sick to watch that after all this time. LOL

Planebender
Old 12-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by ScottZ
Egg Harbor,NJ
Joined Jan 2006
462 Posts

I got up before the snow came and pulled the DA 170 outside (17 DEGREES) put the wings on an started it up with the ProFlow cans. First, they sound like a quiet muffler should.The motor had an electric motor feel from idle to full throttle. They were much better than the KS 95's and even smoother than the stock DA mufflers which are obnoxiously loud. I will have to fly to really see how they feel. Now if I can adjust my problematic carb so I can idle for a little longer without fuel leaking past the needle, it will be perfect. Good work Planebender.
ScottZ is offline Find More Posts by ScottZ
Old 12-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by Edgeman 540
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ View Post
I got up before the snow came and pulled the DA 170 outside (17 DEGREES) put the wings on an started it up with the ProFlow cans. First, they sound like a quiet muffler should.The motor had an electric motor feel from idle to full throttle. They were much better than the KS 95's and even smoother than the stock DA mufflers which are obnoxiously loud. I will have to fly to really see how they feel. Now if I can adjust my problematic carb so I can idle for a little longer without fuel leaking past the needle, it will be perfect. Good work Planebender.
Good to hear Scott.
Edgeman 540 is offline Find More Posts by Edgeman 540

Quick Reply