aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Doug, this is about kevin. His business practices, and qc are what's at issue here.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogasrc View Post
Apparently the engine is going to destroy the plane, ohhh I know since all JC are junk when the engine blows up the torque from the prop stopping spins the airplane in the ground yah that's it!!! Ohh I know,, you only use one battery to run both the RX and the engine so then when the ignition drop the battery below RX spec the radio browns out.... No, off coarse this is why.....you hover a few feet off the deck with a untested engine so if you have any issue there no chance to recover then you have a excuse to come here and bitch and It's never pilot error...
Just a bit of advice.

When a business owner digs holes the way you're doing, the customer base will stand by patiently waiting, watching. Once the business owner digs the hole deep enough that it's over his head, a customer or two will bring their own shovels to the party. Only problem is that they will be filling the hole back in as the business owner is trying to dig deeper. As more and more customers join in, there is no way the business owner can keep up with all those that are filling the hole back in and the business owner gets buried in his own mess. Never to be heard from again.

At this point, you're hole is probably just above your chin (pun intended).
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Old 05-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by RCEXTREMEPOWER
United States, GA, Auburn
Joined Jan 2008
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
Doug, this is about kevin. His business practices, and qc are what's at issue here.
That has been the problem from day 1

Here are a few of the QC issues I have personally went through.

I am no machinist but do have a lath and other machining tools and can do repairs that most dealers who bought into kevins BS could not do.

Prop hubs over machined on the taper side and when you tighten the prop hub bolt it locks the engine up, I had to pull the hubs and machine some off the back side. Ever who assembled the engine had to know this because they were shipped with the prop hub bolts lose.
Most of these were with the 30cc engine sent out in the exchange program which I did not make a dime on but repaired and shipped back to customers on my dime.

Prop hubs over machined on the prop bolt side and hub would not would not tighten down, Had to machine a spacer for them.

The 30cc engine with soft steel washers on the wriest pin.

No gaskets between carb and reed block.

These are just a few of the problems I have seen just from QC

I know of about 20 different people and I am sure there is more that in the last 4 years have tried dealing in JC engine and got out of it, That alone should tell us something.

You can take the stripes off the tiger but it is still a tiger and will attack you.

I am not trying to bash anyone or any business, Just posting what I have been through with the engines and there great QC.

Milton
RCEXTREMEPOWER is offline Find More Posts by RCEXTREMEPOWER
Old 05-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by aerogasrc
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2013
125 Posts
Jodi you stated "put a trash bag in the fuse if you going to run a JC engine your implying that because of the engine the airplane is doomed on the first flight. Oh and please explain how JC engines & JR radio cause syphilis?
aerogasrc is offline Find More Posts by aerogasrc
Old 05-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2013
125 Posts
Milton I have no doubt about your knowledge and you been actually dealing with the engine longest, some of the posting is just guys bored and jumping on the band wagon. When I said this thread has 30% truth your the only one in that 30%
Old 05-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by Tseres
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
Yup. I'm sure I was lying.

Yes I'm bored but not bored enough to bash anyone trying to make a living. You (aerogas) however have created a category of your own. I still haven't bashed you but calling people liars is the last break you get from me. Your have created the band wagon that is going to sink you.

I will get off your back if you can prove that I'm a 70% liar. Otherwise you need to Shut the F*** Up.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
Where does it say if you put a trash bag in the fuse....its going down on the maiden.......ive known guys who put bags in the fuse of all the planes they buy or build no mater what engine. But....with SOME engines the odds are against ya
ponyboy082662 is online now Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Last edited by ponyboy082662; 05-09-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by Jaybird
Jay Florida
Joined Jan 2006
3,713 Posts
The only experience I have with a JC engine is the 60. I installed one on a buddies plane for him and it does run well enough, but when talking power its a dog. After two gallons with a bowman ring it's about 400-500 rpm short of my DLE 55, same prop, JC running stock side dump, DLE running MTW flex header and generic chinese can.
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by s3nfo
United States, AZ, San Tan Valley
Joined Sep 2008
121 Posts
Doug,

This thread has been very informative, and not just about JC engines. Your disregard for people who have extensive knowledge of engines, and not just JC engines, and your rude, combatative attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you or has a negative opinion have guaranteed I will never consider or recommend a JC engine no matter how much they improve.
s3nfo is offline Find More Posts by s3nfo
Old 05-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2013
125 Posts
I HAVE NOT HAD ANY OF THE ISSUE YOU ALL DISCUSS HERE BUT YOU ALL CANT UNDERSTAND THAT.
THE FACT YOU ATTACK ME IS BECUASE YOU ALL WANT ANOTHER JC DEALER TO FAIL.
I HAVE JC ENGINE IN FOUR MODELS INCLUDING TWO TWINS THEY ALL RUN GREAT AND HAULL ASS SO.

IF I HAVE A TUDE ITS NOT ABOUT JC ENGINE ITS FACT SOME PEOPLE TRY TO SLANDER ME & MY COMPANY.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by 49dimes
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
[QUOTE=aerogasrc;2146982]I HAVE NOT HAD ANY OF THE ISSUE YOU ALL DISCUSS HERE BUT YOU ALL CANT UNDERSTAND THAT.
THE FACT YOU ATTACK ME IS BECUASE YOU ALL WANT ANOTHER JC DEALER TO FAIL.
I HAVE JC ENGINE IN FOUR MODELS INCLUDING TWO TWINS THEY ALL RUN GREAT AND HAULL ASS SO.

I don't see any one slandering your wholesome self. A dealers choice of engine line is just like a consumers choice of an engine. The more you know the machine the better. It would best serve both you and the consumer to know your product. Your supplier sounds like a shade tree mechanic instead of genuine model engine builder. It seems that you have taken a big bite out of the proverbial rotten apple. How is your engineering proficiency? Have you been to China and met the manufactory and seen the production of the product you emulate? Or did you get caught up with the typical dog and pony show? I wish you best of success but you have to have something that has the potential for success. If you think JC has potential then argue professionally with engineering facts and what makes this line worthy of sale.
49dimes is offline Find More Posts by 49dimes
Old 05-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by thepamster
The Biplane Mistress
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Aug 2010
522 Posts
I agree with 49dimes as I think you have made a very large error here in dealing with a potential customer base and posting a message in all caps will likely not rectify.
Even if being attacked, rather than attack back and call people liars and such you should have asked for help and advice on how to make your product and company a better choice for the hobbiest.
It would have been wise to have listened to those that were attacking you who have had personal experience with JC engines and previous dealers.
The people who were attacking you are some of the smartest people in the world when it comes our airplane engines and you have missed a golden opportunity to save your company as well as the engine line itself.
I feel though it may too late for you now.
thepamster is online now Find More Posts by thepamster
Old 05-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,366 Posts
Stress test keyboard (0 min 27 sec)

steve s chill out keyboard track 1 (2 min 8 sec)
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Old 05-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by thepamster
The Biplane Mistress
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Aug 2010
522 Posts
My favorite. Music without lyrics.
thepamster is online now Find More Posts by thepamster

Quick Reply