logo
Old 02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by cfour_1
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
JR or futaba

ok who makes a better transmitter jr or futaba im looking to upgrade my radio system and cant decide between jr or futaba so tell me what you guyz think would be a good choice

chris
cfour_1 is offline Find More Posts by cfour_1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by TonyThomasian
Rollin', Rollin', and Rollin'
Tigard,Oregon
Joined Jan 2006
2,432 Posts
Re: JR or futaba

Jr 9303!
TonyThomasian is offline Find More Posts by TonyThomasian
Old 02-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by YNOT
3D 19.0
The Woodlands, TEXAS USA
Joined Jan 2006
254 Posts

:Banane36:

Dude...............Which ever one you like the looks of best and can afford, right now is the one you want.

And no offence, but if you have to ask, you won't be able to tell the difference.
YNOT is offline Find More Posts by YNOT
Old 02-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile, Antofagasta, Antofagasta Province
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

And another tip.

If you have a local hobby shop that supports either brand go and see him and see what he can do.

Nothing beats buying something from the local guy who puts his nuts on the line to have these things on the shelf or at least provide support.

The question of whats best cannot be answered. By anyone.!!!!

Kiwi
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old 02-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by Biff
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,223 Posts

Steady on this one boys, let's all play nice!
Biff is offline Find More Posts by Biff
Old 02-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by flyingklown
The Lonely Squire of Clinton
Alabama, Georiga, N & S Carolina, NYC, El Paso, TX, Connecticut
Joined Jan 2006
1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfour_1
ok who makes a better transmitter jr or futaba im looking to upgrade my radio system and cant decide between jr or futaba so tell me what you guyz think would be a good choice

chris
Futaba 9C and the 9Z... They are both good. JR is good too. I have both brands but fly the 9C! I have seen the new airtronics! WOW that needs a second look!

I like the JR without a crystal and you can program your own channel in. What do you call that> What is the fancy name? I forget. I won't be able to afford it for years so it is out of my mind like I am most of the time! Now that is the wave of the future. That is the one I want! Futaba is going that route too. But the 2 best is JR and Futaba in my book.
flyingklown is offline Find More Posts by flyingklown
Old 02-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by Vic3D
Suspended Account
Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Joined Jan 2006
5,011 Posts

Best quality, and bang for the buck is the Futaba 9C. If you can afford it, you may want to jump into a 9Z. Another good radio is the new JR 9303. You couldn't program your own switches on JR radios, but now you can with the 9303. You could still do all this with Futaba radios. It's up to you, but IN MY OPINION, Futaba is better. Again, MY OPINION. Good luck!
Vic3D is offline Find More Posts by Vic3D
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by cfour_1
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts

i was debating on the 9Z WC2 or the 9 C Super series or the JR PCM 10X i guess thats what i should have asked the frist time but jus wanted to see what everyone else thought a lil input as to what everyone was using and what they like or disliked what they had that kinda stuff but thanks for the input fellas

chris
cfour_1 is offline Find More Posts by cfour_1
Old 02-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by Biff
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,223 Posts

Bottom line here is it boils down to what you want to do with the radio and what feels better. All equipment you can buy these days is top notch. We use Futaba and Jr for the Youth Masters and have not had one glitch on either system. I think everyone would agree all brands work equally well. If you need a lot of bells and whistles go higher end, what ever you can afford. I've been using upper end equipment for years and don't use a lot of what the system can do. I like the feel of the transmitter but honestly for my needs a mid range radio would work just fine! Don't get caught up with keeping up with the Jones's. The mid grade systems these days kick much rear end!
Biff is offline Find More Posts by Biff
Old 02-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
MR.INVERT3D';)
Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
1,023 Posts

JR Radios and Hitec Servos!!!!
xtremeRCpilot is offline Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Old 02-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Find More Posts by bryson
Joined Jan 2006
93 Posts

i agree with extreme rc pilot!!!
but in my opinion there both great radios the JR 9303 is like a fuatba 9cap and the 9z is like a 10x great radios but i will only run hitec servos, (just my opinion)
bryson is offline Find More Posts by bryson
Old 02-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by Shawnlh
Smiley
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Jan 2006
512 Posts

I wasn't really to concerned about Futaba or JR when I bought my new radio last year. I bought whatever my local hobby store had in stock and supports, wich happened to be a Futaba 9caps. You really can't go wrong with either radio. The difference between these radio's ,to me, is kind of like comparing a porsche to a ferrari. I would suggest going with what your lhs keeps in stock.
Shawnlh is offline Find More Posts by Shawnlh
Old 02-18-2006, 02:47 PM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts

For flexibility ( assigning switches, mixes, etc) the 9z is only second to the 14mz. All high end TX's will accomplish the same thing, just that the Futaba's are able to do a little more. With this flexability comes a little more complexity too. I would also buy any synthesized version, makes waiting for a free channel almost non existent.
RTK is offline Find More Posts by RTK
Old 02-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts

no matter wich radio any one ever gets dont get the 6 or 7 channel versions if fly much more than a trainer just get the 9c or better if futaba and the 9303 or better if jr dont waste time or money on any thing less you will have to upgrade later if you fly more needy models or if you decide you dont want to fly any more you will be able to sell the better radios for better $ and look at the cost diff between the 7c and 9c almost nothing same for my jr 9303 just a little more than a 6102 and no reason to get a 8103 when you can get a 9303

I second the synth tx and rx 2 new people just got in to the hobby and both are on my channel now i have synth on my 9303 and not worried except i have to keep a keener eye on what channel i put my card

takes 3 button beeps to assign any thing to any switch on my 9303 cant get any easier than that
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Old 02-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by youngflyer
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2006
1,234 Posts

i got the 10 sx 2 and im still learning new things everytime i use it!!!
youngflyer is offline Find More Posts by youngflyer

Quick Reply