Old 02-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by luckymacy
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jul 2010
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz View Post
luckymacy,
I felt the same way you did after losing 3 planes everyone thought i was crazy still flying this radio, well you know as well as I do, they all have had there problems so I love the radio so much I was willing to hang tough and see what happens, once i got the upgrade and the new module I have not had a problem sense, contact Mike and see what he can do for you if anything, but that was my change and everything has been AOK.
Thanks for the reply but I hate answers like that, LOL: which was it, the HW module change or the SW update? God help everyone if it takes both! Did you or could you still back one of the two changes out to see which made the difference?

I couldn't get my biggest gasser to range check as far as I thought it should and the rudder servo, a hitec 7950TH and the only hitec servo in that plane, had this wierd jitter thing it would sometimes do every few seconds even when the engine wasn't running. I 'wasted money' on a new ignition module just to play it safe but it didn't help the range check so I just decided to leave all that aside and move on. I have two new planes in the works this winter and wanted to give that radio another try since I have 3 recievers and the A9 collecting dust.
luckymacy is offline Find More Posts by luckymacy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by oldrookie
Joined Apr 2008
95 Posts
Wow...almost a month between posts.

Greg
oldrookie is offline Find More Posts by oldrookie
Old 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
I think that means its either to cold or nobody is having problems
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old 02-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Find More Posts by skyrock
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
I am flying indoors during winter time . No problems with my A9!

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Find More Posts by Lardus
Joined Nov 2009
22 Posts
I am on V2.01 and have not had one issue. But through all the firmware versions since I bought my Aurora 9 +- 20 months ago, I haven’t had any issues flying Gas, Methanol or electric. So if I would have to guess, I don’t think the answer is in the software, although the software might make it behave better when experiencing a hardware issue. I have been very happy with my Aurora 9 for 100+ flights.
Lardus is offline Find More Posts by Lardus
Old 02-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by grassie
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Jan 2008
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymacy View Post
Thanks for the reply but I hate answers like that, LOL: which was it, the HW module change or the SW update? God help everyone if it takes both! Did you or could you still back one of the two changes out to see which made the difference?

I couldn't get my biggest gasser to range check as far as I thought it should and the rudder servo, a hitec 7950TH and the only hitec servo in that plane, had this wierd jitter thing it would sometimes do every few seconds even when the engine wasn't running. I 'wasted money' on a new ignition module just to play it safe but it didn't help the range check so I just decided to leave all that aside and move on. I have two new planes in the works this winter and wanted to give that radio another try since I have 3 recievers and the A9 collecting dust.
If you have access to another module try changing it and see if it makes a difference. I would say 9 times out of 10 range issues will be module or rx related. I changed my module and the problems went away. I get more than 286 paces range in range check mode! With the original module I got with the radio I got 30 paces!! No good.
grassie is offline Find More Posts by grassie
Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Jul 2010
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassie View Post
If you have access to another module try changing it and see if it makes a difference. I would say 9 times out of 10 range issues will be module or rx related. I changed my module and the problems went away. I get more than 286 paces range in range check mode! With the original module I got with the radio I got 30 paces!! No good.
No, I'm the only one I know of with this radio and the only one in my club so swapping modules is not really an option. But my radio check isn't nearly as bad as yours and I think technically barely passed the built in test method. But my range check with engine running wasn't as good as with my Futaba system and with the rudder servo jitter and with some people losing planes suspiciously I decided Hitec wasn't going to get any chance to bite me. We'll see what happens this spring with the SW updates I just did.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry
Poway, CA
Joined Mar 2006
798 Posts
I'll be happy to swap your module out if you think that is the problem. Where do you live?

Mike.
Mike Mayberry is offline Find More Posts by Mike Mayberry
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Jul 2010
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mayberry View Post
I'll be happy to swap your module out if you think that is the problem. Where do you live?

Mike.
Thanks. Pennsylvania. When the weather warms up and the gas planes come out of the basement I'll go through the same range checks with the two different systems. It's very easy to repeat the same tests in the same environment so we'll know if the new SW updates I installed make any difference. I am very curious myself so it's on my do sooner rather than later to-do list.
Last edited by luckymacy; 02-08-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by Robotech
United States, AR, Pine Bluff
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymacy View Post
No, I'm the only one I know of with this radio and the only one in my club so swapping modules is not really an option. But my radio check isn't nearly as bad as yours and I think technically barely passed the built in test method. But my range check with engine running wasn't as good as with my Futaba system and with the rudder servo jitter and with some people losing planes suspiciously I decided Hitec wasn't going to get any chance to bite me. We'll see what happens this spring with the SW updates I just did.
I you have a 7950 on the rudder, the jittering probably doesn't have anything to do with range testing.

See here. https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39756

If you don't want to read the whole thing (it's long) read the last page and go backwards. It ain't pretty.
Robotech is offline Find More Posts by Robotech
Old 02-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Find More Posts by grassie
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Jan 2008
617 Posts
Funny thing! It just came to mind that a guy at our club just build a new Sukoi and his rudder is jittering. He has a new MZ18! It might very well not be your Aurora but the servo that is giving you problems?!
grassie is offline Find More Posts by grassie
Old 02-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Jul 2010
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
I you have a 7950 on the rudder, the jittering probably doesn't have anything to do with range testing.

See here. https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39756

If you don't want to read the whole thing (it's long) read the last page and go backwards. It ain't pretty.
I read there that the fix is to send the servo back for firmware updates. Anyone try that and did it work permanently?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
MM started a thread about that and asked for people to send there servos in for the fw update,but all he got was a bunch of bashing.
Jeff Sikes
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 02-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
Here is the link
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...t=70521&page=7
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by rick dazzler
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
I have had a A-9 for 3 plus years.. Never updated anything... It is the oldest version software. Over 1000+ flights on foamys, 35-40%'ers, warbird's, ect and never a hitch. I am not updating anything!
rick dazzler is online now Find More Posts by rick dazzler

Quick Reply