Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > General Discussion
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #31
joseae
Doo It! Doo It!

Have been following this thread with interest since I cracked my 30cc Sbach's canopy last time I flew it a couple of weeks ago. At least yours was an accident, mine was caused by a bad landing were the plane ended upside down. I was glad to see that nothing broke, not even the Xoar wood prop but my gladness didn't last long, as soon I noticed the crack in the canopy. It runs from side to side but does not quite make it to the edges. Right now I am holding the crack sealed with tape inside and out. A new one will cost me about $100 but I am not sure I would be willing to pay that much for a canopy.
joseae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
tele1974
Learn to work kid!

Use the Ducky HD clear packing tape. Cut clean edges with exacto and don't touch the adhesive side of the tape you will be able to see finger oil. Apply it carefully on the inside and out. Making sure to get the air out with a credit card and at 10 feet you can even see it. Its thick and strong and nearly invisible on a canopy. You can get the HD clear just about any where.

I parked my bus on a canopy that was placed on a bench at the field. It was bad. I felt so bad I ordered the guy a new one as soon as I got home. Came to the field the next week with a box in hand and here he had repaired it good as new.

BTW CA will fog it.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #33
ghoffman
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Get some tinting paint, and tint the clear part. Then you can use duct tape, glass-epoxy, etc on the inside and it does not look bad.
ghoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
joseae
Doo It! Doo It!

Duck HD sounds like a good idea, I also considered tinting it darker but I know what the Florida sun can do to dark tinted canopies.
joseae is offline   Reply With Quote