Old 11-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
913 Posts
Discussion
comp 12 turbo vs eq-10 question

Hey guys, I'm considering purchasing a 42% Dalton extra 300 equipped with a power system competition 12 turbo. I am using a jr 9503 radio but need 10 channels to run the thing. ie: 2 servos in each wing, 1 in each elevator half, 2 for rudder and 1 for throttle and 1 for kill. I am new to power systems and expanders but notice the competition 12 turbo states it has 10 channels that support 3 servos and 2 that support 4. I assumed at first this was for servo matching, but as I read the forums I am thinking not. What are these for? If I purchase the plane, I may dump off the 12 and purchase a power expander eq10. I need the servo matching and I really dont need to reduce input voltage to servos as I would like to use dual A123 6.6 volt nanophosphates. I am thinking of using the jr921 for rx. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. John
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
The Competition 12 does not have servo matching. It is generally designed for pilots with 12-channel radios or those who wish to use the Hitec programmer to match the servos. If you need servo matching then the Eq10 would be a good choice if you do not need to regulate the servo voltage.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 11-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
913 Posts
Thanks for the info.
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR