logo
Old 05-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by Timber
United States, IL, Hoffman Estates
Joined Sep 2011
246 Posts
Hey Truckracer, if your looking for a DLE-85 I'm going to be putting mine up for sale, had maybe 4-5 tanks of fuel run thru it. Ran great didn't care for the plane. Just have to pull it out of the airframe which I'm selling. if your interested let me know.
Timber is offline Find More Posts by Timber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Hey Truckracer, if your looking for a DLE-85 I'm going to be putting mine up for sale, had maybe 4-5 tanks of fuel run thru it. Ran great didn't care for the plane. Just have to pull it out of the airframe which I'm selling. if your interested let me know.
I'll think about that! PM me with a price.
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 05-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by timlq
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Dec 2007
35 Posts
Muffler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
You have a Pitts muffler for that?
timlq is offline Find More Posts by timlq
Old 05-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by Bashedit
Newnan, GA
Joined Jun 2007
32 Posts
DLE-85

I've got mine in a 40% Wildhare Giles. Replaced a 100 because I had to put the batteries (3) in the tail to balance and they were a pain to get to for charging. Swapped the 100 with a buddy for the new 85 and I'm not looking back. Plane is at least one pound lighter, less engine and one battery weight, flies light and runs the same prop I ran on the 100, a Mezlik 26x12. I have about 4 gallons through it already and I think I may have to increase the prop size. With the soft mount it doesn't seem to shake any more than the 100 did. There are a few 120's at my field and they're pretty strong but for 100 size power my choice is this 85! I'll try and update occasionally if anyone would like, I'll have to see if my tach has a battery to give RPM's next time out.
Bashedit is offline Find More Posts by Bashedit
Old 11-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by tbilotti
Joined Sep 2008
41 Posts
Supatimhanstine, I have the same AW Extra 260 as you and am replacing a ZDZ 80 RV with the new DLE 85. The engine is mounted on the motor box with the Standoffs included with the Engine, however, when I go to mount the stock muffler that with the DLE 85, the muffler hits the motor box and the mounting holes can't match up. How did you solve that problem?
tbilotti is offline Find More Posts by tbilotti
Old 11-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by Harold Smith
United States, TX, Chandler
Joined Dec 2009
874 Posts
tbilotti, check out Bisson mufflers they make a muffler with a steeper downward angle that will let you clear the motor box.---Smitty
Harold Smith is offline Find More Posts by Harold Smith

Quick Reply