logo
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2015, 05:43 AM
Super08 is online now
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Super08's Avatar
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,094 Posts
I wish there were more planes to choose from in the 33% size as well.
Super08 is online now Find More Posts by Super08
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:19 AM
ken crane is offline
Find More Posts by ken crane
Registered User
ken crane's Avatar
SUNNY CAPE COD MA.
Joined Dec 2007
1,694 Posts
Not to plug up the thread but I have a brand new Evo 88 in box with Pitts muffler. I had for a project that is on the back burner. Want to sell this. Working on a 176 with smooth pipes on a 40% Pau. Pm me if interested
ken crane is offline Find More Posts by ken crane
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:46 AM
ludol is offline
Find More Posts by ludol
Registered User
ludol's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
22 Posts
My 2cts guys,

I have had an issue on my first 176 EVO, probably a flaw in the casting...
it was pulling 6500 on the 30x13 2B and 6200 on the 30x12x3B, and running on Dave smooth pipe!( on ground)

I send it back to Fergus(GP/ Lin) and within a week I received the new block/barrel.
I kept the valve block and carby (mods on it to start 3 flicks!)
the new engine is even better: new bolt lenght, new bearing, still SKF but with the Vitton seals, so the grease will stay in much longer:Vitton= 200c degree temperature :-)

Still only one 2 gall of fuel though it, but already pull 6100 and off load in the air the 29" prop.
thinking of going to 30?
I'll wait a bit that the warm weather come back to check perf again, but compare to my DA 170.........well its doesn't compare, I think it beat the 200DA on can!!!

Service, well Fergus( GP Taiwan ) was top!
And they keep improving the product!
And Dave from proflow same. Top


Big smile on an Imac flyer!
Its not often that you can say very good thing of Taiwan made!
Thanks guys.

Regards
Ludo
ludol is offline Find More Posts by ludol
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:28 AM
ken crane is offline
Find More Posts by ken crane
Registered User
ken crane's Avatar
SUNNY CAPE COD MA.
Joined Dec 2007
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludol View Post
My 2cts guys,

I have had an issue on my first 176 EVO, probably a flaw in the casting...
it was pulling 6500 on the 30x13 2B and 6200 on the 30x12x3B, and running on Dave smooth pipe!( on ground)

I send it back to Fergus(GP/ Lin) and within a week I received the new block/barrel.
I kept the valve block and carby (mods on it to start 3 flicks!)
the new engine is even better: new bolt lenght, new bearing, still SKF but with the Vitton seals, so the grease will stay in much longer:Vitton= 200c degree temperature :-)

Still only one 2 gall of fuel though it, but already pull 6100 and off load in the air the 29" prop.
thinking of going to 30?
I'll wait a bit that the warm weather come back to check perf again, but compare to my DA 170.........well its doesn't compare, I think it beat the 200DA on can!!!

Service, well Fergus( GP Taiwan ) was top!
And they keep improving the product!
And Dave from proflow same. Top


Big smile on an Imac flyer!
Its not often that you can say very good thing of Taiwan made!
Thanks guys.

Regards
Ludo

nice ludo ! just put a 176 evo in my 40% pau edge with smooth pipes and a 29x12 biela 3 blade. cant wait to fly it tomorrow woo hoooo
ken crane is offline Find More Posts by ken crane
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:27 AM
ludol is offline
Find More Posts by ludol
Registered User
ludol's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
22 Posts
And Ken?


I have put 4gal through my 176EVO proflow pipe now, only getting better.
And yes it bit the 200DA load and clear!
ludol is offline Find More Posts by ludol
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:27 AM
ben_beyer is offline
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
ben_beyer's Avatar
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Feb 2006
3,451 Posts
How hard is it to adjust the needles when using stock mufflers?

I realize this isn't going to make a big difference on all 150cc+ motors and I'm just curious.
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 AM
ben_beyer is offline
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
ben_beyer's Avatar
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Feb 2006
3,451 Posts
I re-read my last post. What I mean is, how hard is it to get to the needles with a screwdriver to adjust them when using the stock mufflers
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Snuts is offline
Find More Posts by Snuts
Registered User
Snuts's Avatar
Joined Sep 2012
493 Posts
Are the cylinders for the 88/176 going to start coming from the same source as the 61/123's?
-Snuts-
Snuts is offline Find More Posts by Snuts
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:03 AM
ken crane is offline
Find More Posts by ken crane
Registered User
ken crane's Avatar
SUNNY CAPE COD MA.
Joined Dec 2007
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuts View Post
Are the cylinders for the 88/176 going to start coming from the same source as the 61/123's?
-Snuts-


yes
ken crane is offline Find More Posts by ken crane
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:04 AM
ken crane is offline
Find More Posts by ken crane
Registered User
ken crane's Avatar
SUNNY CAPE COD MA.
Joined Dec 2007
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludol View Post
And Ken?


I have put 4gal through my 176EVO proflow pipe now, only getting better.
And yes it bit the 200DA load and clear!
its too powerful ! the 29x12 3 blade biela rips at half throttle. need a new prop. working on that today....holy crap does it have power.

6800 on the ground with smooth pipes
ken crane is offline Find More Posts by ken crane
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:48 AM
yakpilot is offline
Find More Posts by yakpilot
Registered User
yakpilot's Avatar
Molalla,OR
Joined May 2006
867 Posts
I have a falcon 29/13 3 blade that would be perfect. It is is in perfect condition. Let me know if you are interested.
yakpilot is offline Find More Posts by yakpilot
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:02 PM
planebender is offline
Find More Posts by planebender
www.planebenderproducts.c om
planebender's Avatar
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
2,822 Posts
Check your Phone, I just sent you a contact that has a Biella 3 blade 30X12

Dave
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:48 PM
ken crane is offline
Find More Posts by ken crane
Registered User
ken crane's Avatar
SUNNY CAPE COD MA.
Joined Dec 2007
1,694 Posts
thank you
ken crane is offline Find More Posts by ken crane
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:58 PM
4unlimited is offline
Find More Posts by 4unlimited
Go as low as your comfort-zone
4unlimited's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2006
25 Posts
Check out :

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...&postcount=886

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=53427

:-)
4unlimited is offline Find More Posts by 4unlimited
Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools