logo
Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
204 Posts
Are your wheels also upgrade from the Dubro factory set ? They look to have a metal rim .
Thanks
Rusty 73 is offline Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Old 04-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by Gixxerjack
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jul 2012
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 73 View Post
Jack Love the polished landing gear goes great with the spinner .
My new gear from TnT's will be here friday . Did you round the front edge of the gear or just sanded it smooth and polished it Looks great
I just sanded the gear smooth and polished them. The spinner I just polished. I did not airfoil the leading edge, although that's a great idea! The mains and tail wheel are White Rose.
Gixxerjack is offline Find More Posts by Gixxerjack
Old 04-14-2015, 11:54 PM
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerjack View Post
I just sanded the gear smooth and polished them. The spinner I just polished. I did not airfoil the leading edge, although that's a great idea! The mains and tail wheel are White Rose.
Back when I raced F1 pylon I always filed the Prather landing gear leading and trailing edges ,then sanded and polished them like yours is. It's a labour of love and a personal signature to your aircraft . So white Rose wheels , I like them . Thanks
Old 04-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
204 Posts
On that new landing gear did you put white rose axles ? Drilled out at 1/4 inch for mounting the axle ?
Old 05-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by rightflyer
Grove City OH
Joined Apr 2006
89 Posts
Hangar 9 Carden receiver position

I have an EME 60 and plan on using LiFe packs for the receiver power. I am going to mount up front on the fuse sides. Where did others mount their main switch? Manual shows receiver in rear which is a long way from the batteries.
rightflyer is online now Find More Posts by rightflyer
Old 05-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by Muttdog
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Feb 2013
1,801 Posts
I mounted mine near the Rx. It's ok just use heavy duty wire from the batts to the switch(s). Mounting the Rx near the firewall and ignition is not recommended although I've seen it done with no problems. I have my eyes on another one of these but it has to wait on my kit build 60cc profile. It's not a bad idea to reinforce the firewall with some fiberglass cloth. I've seen 2 firewalls start to fail on high time (and abused) airframes. most of these need nose weight anyway so why not add a little strength instead of lead? EME 60 is awesome power and it makes the install simple as all the mounting dimensions are the same as the DA it was designed around (I'm putting one in my profile). Vess 24B is a great companion to the EME and at half the cost of CF it's worth a try. Good luck
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Old 05-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightflyer View Post
I have an EME 60 and plan on using LiFe packs for the receiver power. I am going to mount up front on the fuse sides. Where did others mount their main switch? Manual shows receiver in rear which is a long way from the batteries.
i used 20 gauage wire and have the batteries behind the firewall so i could balance it . the Rx switch on mine is at the rear near the Rx