logo
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
LOL thats like misspelling something in Christmas lights!
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by sgillmore
Jefferson City, MO
Joined Feb 2007
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwest View Post
JD,

When I reload a saved model file from the SD card, the TIMER function no longer displays the TIM label next to the function key to start/stop the timer(s) with this key. It seems to function correctly when programming a new model.

Also, this update suffers from the same spelling error as in the XG11 update: In the DEVICE SELECT, D/R&EXP and GYRO SENS functions, FMOD SW now appears as FMDO SW.

Regards,

scw
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
The typo appears in all three model types in the Warning if the flight mode switch is select for warning.

Allan
You know, I was really excited when the radio manufacturers started offering DIY firmware update capabilities. As time passes, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a great thing after all. I've owned an Aurora 9 and currently use an 11X. I've learned to handle TX firmware updates like Windows updates...very carefully. I generally wait a few months (or more) to see how things "flesh out".

I don't know what kind of system and/or user testing they go through, but it scares me that simple issues like this could have been missed. Especially the typo that they should have already been aware of on the XG11. A persistent typo...really? I know it doesn't affect functionality, but come on.
sgillmore is offline Find More Posts by sgillmore
Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by Hoosier06
United States, IN, Highland
Joined Jan 2006
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgillmore View Post
You know, I was really excited when the radio manufacturers started offering DIY firmware update capabilities. As time passes, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a great thing after all. I've owned an Aurora 9 and currently use an 11X. I've learned to handle TX firmware updates like Windows updates...very carefully. I generally wait a few months (or more) to see how things "flesh out".

I don't know what kind of system and/or user testing they go through, but it scares me that simple issues like this could have been missed. Especially the typo that they should have already been aware of on the XG11. A persistent typo...really? I know it doesn't affect functionality, but come on.
It's no different than any place else now days. I see misspelled words on TV, newspapers, advertisements etc. Our society seems to be going to hell in a hand basket in many ways.
Hoosier06 is offline Find More Posts by Hoosier06
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by hugocraft
Aerobatic Addict
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jun 2008
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier06 View Post
It's no different than any place else now days. I see misspelled words on TV, newspapers, advertisements etc. Our society seems to be going to hell in a hand basket in many ways.
But what coding have they mis-spelled and what will that do or not do ?!?!?!?!?
hugocraft is offline Find More Posts by hugocraft
Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by AWorrest
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Nov 2008
500 Posts
It is just a typo where the flight mode switch is referred to as FMDO SW. It is not always spelt this way and it seems to do no harm.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Jan 2006
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
I set up a plane as I had to see how things worked with the new update. Plane was set up with flight modes, dual elevators, dual ailerons, throttle to elevator mix and a rudder to elevator/aileron mix. There are no glitches as everything works.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Find More Posts by novemberalpha
India, Maharashtra, Mumbai
Joined Aug 2008
666 Posts
Now since the XG11 firmware is available for 11x is it a good idea to get a 11x zero module based one so you can have best of both DMX for bind n Fly DMSS for big birds with telemetery ?

RC711.com has set combos with both modules

or will it be missing something?
novemberalpha is offline Find More Posts by novemberalpha
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by sgillmore
Jefferson City, MO
Joined Feb 2007
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
Quote:
It is just a typo where the flight mode switch is referred to as FMDO SW. It is not always spelt this way and it seems to do no harm.

Allan
I understand that it's purely aesthetic. My point or concern is, why not fix such a simple error in this last update? Sounds like they've known about it for a while so they either ignored it or forgot about it. As an IT guy with software development experience, I find both explanations a little disturbing.

I'm not really trying to bash JR. Those that fly with me would probably consider me a JR "fan boy". I'm just trying to bring this to the attention of JR in the hopes that they might improve their development and testing the processes. DIY firmware updates have awesome potential. They can also be incredibly damaging to aircraft and reputations if not managed carefully.
sgillmore is offline Find More Posts by sgillmore
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by Tlisotta
Joined Apr 2011
599 Posts
Hey Guys-

I just picked up an XG 11 (got a good deal on a used one). I have an old JR 8103. At first glance, I have a lot of learning to do on the programming. Quite a bit of capability. Question as I read through the manual. If I want to use a flight mode switch for 3 position rates instead of just using each switch for dual rates (would like it simple) - do I first program dual rates on each surface then go back in and set up a Flight Mode to accomplish a 3 position setting? or do I go straight to the Flight mode setting first and do it all in there. Hopefully I am making sense. I will continue to dig into the manual.
Tlisotta is offline Find More Posts by Tlisotta
Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2006
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlisotta View Post
Hey Guys-

I just picked up an XG 11 (got a good deal on a used one). I have an old JR 8103. At first glance, I have a lot of learning to do on the programming. Quite a bit of capability. Question as I read through the manual. If I want to use a flight mode switch for 3 position rates instead of just using each switch for dual rates (would like it simple) - do I first program dual rates on each surface then go back in and set up a Flight Mode to accomplish a 3 position setting? or do I go straight to the Flight mode setting first and do it all in there. Hopefully I am making sense. I will continue to dig into the manual.
Yes,you could set up dual rates first.

If you want the low rate to be when with your mode switch is forward
(PO) is your high rate as far as putting in % of travel and expo numbers, switch flicked away from you, (P1)switch centered is mid rate and (P2) is low rate pulled toward you .
Last edited by Hoosier06; 01-23-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: fixed mistake
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier06 View Post
Yes,you could set up dual rates first.

If you want the low rate to be when with your mode switch is forward
(PO) is your high rate as far as putting in % of travel and expo numbers, (P1)switch centered is mid rate and (P2) is low rate switch pushed away from you .
Thank you!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by AWorrest
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Nov 2008
500 Posts
There are three different ways you can put all the rates on the same switch. You can use one of the predetermined rate switches for all three axises. Or, you can use a flight mode switch. Or, you can pick any switch on the transmitter using the SW-AUTO setting. It is all done on page 3 of the D/R & EXP menu in the function list.

For each axis on the D/R & EXP menu you will have to make the choice as to which method will control the rates. If you set up the SW-AUTO, it will have precedence over the other two methods. The flight mode switch has precedence over the normal rate switches. So to use the normal rate switches and you have already setup flight modes in the DeviceSEL, you will have to leave all the settings in the FM-AUTO column set to SW. Also verify that none of the select switches in the SW-AUTO have been selected. If you haven’t done anything previously with the menu, these should be the default settings with the normal rate switches as the ones that are active.

The normal rate switches for ACRO are AILE SW, ELEV SW, RUDD SW, and FLAP SW. On page 3 of the menu, in the upper left corner of the screen, there will be a message of (either AILE, ELEV, or RUDD) > P0 (or P1, P2, etc.). Select the surface to left of the arrowhead and pick the surface (AILE, ELEV, or RUDD) you want to work on. Then go to the message underneath the INPUT and select the switch the common switch you want.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Joined Apr 2011
599 Posts
Quote:
There are three different ways you can put all the rates on the same switch. You can use one of the predetermined rate switches for all three axises. Or, you can use a flight mode switch. Or, you can pick any switch on the transmitter using the SW-AUTO setting. It is all done on page 3 of the D/R & EXP menu in the function list.

For each axis on the D/R & EXP menu you will have to make the choice as to which method will control the rates. If you set up the SW-AUTO, it will have precedence over the other two methods. The flight mode switch has precedence over the normal rate switches. So to use the normal rate switches and you have already setup flight modes in the DeviceSEL, you will have to leave all the settings in the FM-AUTO column set to SW. Also verify that none of the select switches in the SW-AUTO have been selected. If you haven’t done anything previously with the menu, these should be the default settings with the normal rate switches as the ones that are active.

The normal rate switches for ACRO are AILE SW, ELEV SW, RUDD SW, and FLAP SW. On page 3 of the menu, in the upper left corner of the screen, there will be a message of (either AILE, ELEV, or RUDD) > P0 (or P1, P2, etc.). Select the surface to left of the arrowhead and pick the surface (AILE, ELEV, or RUDD) you want to work on. Then go to the message underneath the INPUT and select the switch the common switch you want.

Allan
Thank you very much Allan! I will give this a try tonight.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Estados Unidos, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2006
1,339 Posts
hello sorry for the Question i have a JR 11x , And i want to Know if there any better in the 11XG software or the Upgrade its not Necesary

the planes i Fly are a H9 EXTRA 300 AND A H9 Sukhoi Se MM

so i dont know if the upgrade can bring something better for me

thanks
jonathanmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Estados Unidos, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2006
1,339 Posts
there is Any Advantage Making the Upgrade???
jonathanmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla

Quick Reply